British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Wolves. V. Belle Vue. 28/8/17. 6pm

Really enjoyed the first meeting, the second was disappointing due to the withdrawal of Bewley, then when Shuttleworth had to withdraw because of another injury it was just a case of damage limitation for the Colts.

The big issue was the Parking, the Stadium management are aware that there are major roadworks nearby and Sutherland Avenue is on the diversion route, so therefore Sutherland Avenue was coned off on both sides of the road, all roads around the Stadium were full of parked Cars, but the Wholesale Market (a brisk 5 minute walk away) was closed and could easily hold 2/300 cars at a quid or two apiece. I think the promotion need to be made aware that spectators moved Cones from one side of the road so that they could park the Cones are there for a reason..

• Like 1

I hope they won't be doing another Wolves and Cradley double header.

Some Cradley fans are so aggressive. Shouting for the opposition and threatening Wolves fans. Totally moronic behaviour.

• Like 2

Some Cradley fans are so aggressive. Shouting for the opposition and threatening Wolves fans. Totally moronic behaviour.

Wasn't Col was it!

Must be just a coincidence but wolves is the only track I've visited and nearly had to discourage someone, it's the only track I've seen gobshytes approach Belle Vue fans at heat 14 to stir rubbish which ended up in a fight.

I've never read complaints about Cradley or Belle Vue fans being involved in issues other than at wolves.

When you look at the posts on here and this thread with three or four wolves so called fans just stirring rubbish and you do wonder where the problem actually lies.

I find it nearly impossible to believe that you had conflict with opposing fans. But if this is true I'm sure no one on the forum has any doubt where the blame lies. I'm surprised Brum and his uncle haven't been banned from Monmore...
  • Like 3

Wasn't Col was it!

no lol

Must be just a coincidence but wolves is the only track I've visited and nearly had to discourage someone, it's the only track I've seen gobshytes approach Belle Vue fans at heat 14 to stir rubbish which ended up in a fight.

I've never read complaints about Cradley or Belle Vue fans being involved in issues other than at wolves.

When you look at the posts on here and this thread with three or four wolves so called fans just stirring rubbish and you do wonder where the problem actually lies.

Aces fans love to stir and cause arguments. We had the same issue with a drunken group of Aces fans in the A fixture.

Part of the usual when the Aces are in town.

In saying that it was great to catch up with Youngy from Updates site. Always a pleasure chatting to sensible Aces fans of course.

I find it nearly impossible to believe that you had conflict with opposing fans. But if this is true I'm sure no one on the forum has any doubt where the blame lies. I'm surprised Brum and his uncle haven't been banned from Monmore...

:rofl:

I have been to Wolves many times, once for Sam Ermolenko's testimonial when it snowed! Other than that it has been for league or play offs when Poole have visited and I must say I have found the Wolves fans to be a friendly and polite bunch.

Was I at the same meeting. I was stood with a group of Aces supporters and lots of Wolves and Cradley fans. No sign of any trouble, fans of all clubs, whilst obviously favouring their own team, were happy to chat with each other and applaud the efforts of opposing riders.

Aces fans love to stir and cause arguments. We had the same issue with a drunken group of Aces fans in the A fixture.

Part of the usual when the Aces are in town.

In saying that it was great to catch up with Youngy from Updates site. Always a pleasure chatting to sensible Aces fans of course.

:

I thought it was discriminatory to generalise about any group or race of people. 😂

Edited by Aces51

Was I at the same meeting. I was stood with a group of Aces supporters and lots of Wolves and Cradley fans. No sign of any trouble, fans of all clubs, whilst obviously favouring their own team, were happy to chat with each other and applaud the efforts of opposing riders.

I thought it was discriminatory to generalise about any group or race of people.

Was referring to one group of Cradley fans only last night.

The rest had respect for each others teams.

I thought it was discriminatory to generalise about any group or race of people.

My comment referred to your comments about Aces fans which seemed to put them all in the same category save for Youngy.

Presumably, you did notice the emoji though, although strangely it doesn't appear in your quote of my post.

Edited by Aces51

Tough meeting lastnight. The Aces were always in the meeting and gave a good account of themselves.

Not sure Masters was fit to ride but maybe they wanted to risk him to avoid lots of extra rides for the others as you can tell it took its toll on Greaves and Perks over the last few weeks.

Lots of decent races but didn't enjoy it as much as other meetings due to the fact that it felt a bit rushed and cramped. Greaves and Smith have been thrown in at the deep end with their bikes taking a beating with falls. Definitely think 2018 needs to be planned with as few R/R/ and Double headers as possible.

Cradley fans have previous for cheering the opposition at Monmore (Just as some Wolves fans often went to Dudley Wood and did the same thing). Edited by mb1990
  • Like 1

Bunch of spoons, I was hoping the Colts would win but left after the first 4 heats after all the last minute changes/injuries.

• Like 1

Was surrounded by Belle Vue and Cradley fans without any sign of trouble all evening. One or two ridiculous shouts about opposition riders but nothing else.

With my son and daughter (Wolves mascots) doing a meet and greet by the turnstiles before the meetings we chatted to fans from all 3 clubs and found everyone to be very friendly.

My comment referred to your comments about Aces fans which seemed to put them all in the same category save for Youngy.

Presumably, you did notice the emoji though, although strangely it doesn't appear in your quote of my post.

No emoji I could see in your original post, not on my tablet anyway.

Please let me clear up my thoughts then.

There has been plenty of beef and attitude shown by a section of travelling Aces fans over the recent years (most notably 'the Mexicans') and have seen plenty of matches with fans of both sides stepping over the decency mark.

Have had many a great chat with Aces fans both at Monmore and Kirky over the years so it certainly wasn't my intention to lumber all Aces fans bar one in the same category.

Hope that makes things clearer.:t:

Steve, interesting point about emojis and it not appearing.

I generally use an android tablet. Whenever I include an emoji it never appears when I submit the post but I discovered that if I edit the post and include the emoji again it then does appear in the post viewed on my tablet and it is there if I look at the post on my android phone.

I am now wondering if anyone else has this problem and if the emoji is only visible to me. I have added one to the end of this post. 🤔

Edited by Aces51