British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Wolves. V. Belle Vue. 28/8/17. 6pm

Wolves have never ridden any match, as far as I are aware, in the morning. This may well be because of restrictions because of greyhounds. Wolves race night is Monday evening the Aces fixture was there first, so other fixtures have to fit around that.

I think it was 1984 there was a bank holiday. morning meeting v Cradley not sure if league or DWT, Bank holiday Monday's now are dogs start about 11

We couldn't take the chance that we might have needed the points to qualify, unlikely though that looked or, if Swindon had slipped up, to finish top.

At least with an 11am start Poole won't have chance for one of their pre meeting practice sessions that Peter Adams complained about.

Even so,in this situation Belle Vue should be allowed a facility for those two if they wish.I think having to travel 6-7 hrs for a meeting that starts at 11am is ridiculous giving they couldn't possibly leave until 10-11pm the night before.

If there's a delay at the Poole meeting then riders hit traffic on the way to Monmore then the Wolves meeting could become a shambles and that could hit our meeting which is already looking a bit of a shambles anyway. Another dark day for speedway today? Hope not

Just run the Cradley match first if there is a delay due to traffic coming up from the south coast...

Edited by Speedwaycrazy

Just run the Cradley match first if there is a delay due to traffic coming up from the south coast...

Just delay the start and cancel the Cradley match

• Like 2

Except that Bewley and Smith are making the same journey.

Run Cradley first!!!! Yeh that makes sense. A lot of Cradley fans won't go to the Wolves meeting so will turn up at half 7 . Also I'd imagine the NL riders won't be there and ready to race at 6 just in case Wolves riders are delayed. I'm actually wondering if it's worth bothering tonight. Gets you that way this speedway mullarkey

Going to be tough at fortress monmore.

They are the only track to average in the 50's such is their enormous home track advantage.

Things aren't helped with our gating prowess deserting us at present.

Don't forget the fines for any Aces rider that moves off the white line.

Stay safe.

Wolves by 14.

They are the only track to average in the 50's such is their enormous home track advantage.

Things aren't helped with our gating prowess deserting us at present.

Don't forget the fines for any Aces rider that moves off the white line.

Stay safe.

Wolves by 14.

Only 2 clichés? Come on you've got 8 left from your allowance of 10 ! I suppose you've got to keep some back for the match

report though. 😛

Edited by Beowulf

If there's a delay at the Poole meeting then riders hit traffic on the way to Monmore then the Wolves meeting could become a shambles and that could hit our meeting which is already looking a bit of a shambles anyway. Another dark day for speedway today? Hope not

So long as the senior meeting gets run that's all that matters. It certainly won't be Wolves if Belle Vue riders can't make it in time.

Conveniently forgot our home defeat, hardly a fortress. :rofl:

The bore of the 'horror' track continues.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If only anyone believed it.

• Like 1

Yes i think hes best left to his own devices on that subject.

Or any subject, he could bore for Britain at a national level.

• Like 3

Yes i think hes best left to his own devices on that subject.

No doubt will come back with more bore horror comments, quoting posts and links as tho it might prove something (or nothing as the case usually is).

Nowt like being predictable and boring I guess.

We could struggle if Bjerre is still having problems with his borrowed engine. We can't afford for any of our top four to have an off night when using r/r.

I hope the trip from Poole isn't too problematic. I thought they might have rushed that meeting through but obviously not.