norbold

R.i.p. Tom Farndon

22 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

nothing on YouTube, but there is a book about him

FarndonBook.jpg

Norman Jacobs? I'm sure I know that name. :icon_smile_clown:

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

TV quiz contestant extraordinaire :)

You have to wonder why he bothers with TV game shows with all the money he makes writing books :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, False dawn said:

You have to wonder why he bothers with TV game shows with all the money he makes writing books :rolleyes:

As a good friend of mine, Norman Jacobs once told me that he has had 27 books published but made more money from one TV Quiz show than all his books put together!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, norbold said:

As a good friend of mine, Norman Jacobs once told me that he has had 27 books published but made more money from one TV Quiz show than all his books put together!

Don't believe a word of it! Books about Clacton-on-Sea must be a guaranteed gold-mine! :t:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Don't believe a word of it! Books about Clacton-on-Sea must be a guaranteed gold-mine! :t:

Fools Gold?  :)

1 hour ago, chunky said:

14 hours ago, iris123 said:

Got a few names wrong here, but I think Tom Sanders is our man B)

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/england-wins-final-speedway-test

Also interesting that Jack Parker is introduced as current world champion. Which backs up his own claim and shows that many had a claim to being WC before the official championship came into being

Edited by iris123

7 hours ago, iris123 said:

Also interesting that Jack Parker is introduced as current world champion. Which backs up his own claim and shows that many had a claim to being WC before the official championship came into being

Go here to see the programme from that 1931 World Final and my comments.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156440849867397&set=gm.526579451263742&type=3&theater&ifg=1

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, andout said:

Go here to see the programme from that 1931 World Final and my comments.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156440849867397&set=gm.526579451263742&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Yes great. Your comments explain it all as of course the programme states. I have always seen the British Match race title and didn't know it was called the Championship of the World. Or maybe I did and have since forgotten, which is also possible with my noddle !!!:blush:

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Yes great. Your comments explain it all as of course the programme states. I have always seen the British Match race title and didn't know it was called the Championship of the World. Or maybe I did and have since forgotten, which is also possible with my noddle !!!:blush:

I mentioned this in August 2008 on a thread about World Championship competitions and you replied to it! :D

Edited by norbold
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, norbold said:

I mentioned this in August 2008 on a thread about World Championship competitions and you replied to it! :D

Sorry Norbold but you will need to be more specific. Which day, time, forum, thread and thread page :):)

Edited by Celticman

24 minutes ago, norbold said:

I know my memory well, that is why I put the get out clause in :D

4 hours ago, Celticman said:

Sorry Norbold but you will need to be more specific. Which day, time, forum, thread and thread page :):)

Years Gone By;  August 26, 2008; Un-official World Finals; Page 1. Sadly, I do not know the time. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, norbold said:

Sadly, I do not know the time. :rolleyes:

But I thought you were all-knowing??? B)

10 hours ago, chunky said:

But I thought you were all-knowing??? B)

Only enough to win television quizzes.

• Like 1