British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Lasse Bjerre. Refusal To Ride.

The problem with giving him a "bit of slack" is it sets a precedent. It opens up the door for any rider in the future to refuse to ride because he has no usable equipment.

He should be reported, the SCB should consider all the evidence and make a ruling. If they decide his actions were justified and no further action is taken - fine. That at least would mean in the future any rider refusing to ride would know his actions would be subject to scrutiny.

If no action is taken I can foresee a scenario where a rider considers a track to be dangerous, has no medical issue so cannot get a certificate but somehow manages to render his bike unusable and refuses to ride. That must never be allowed to happen.

Barker accepted a guest booking for Peterborough at Glasgow cried off on the day saying he was unwell and then practised the same day at Stoke later on, the SCB apparently were not interested in doing anything about it.

• Like 1

What has fueled this is the announcement made at the stadium was " Lasse Bjerre had agreed to ride for Somerset as a guest during the week but he has today declined the guest booking " so people have assumed that he refused to ride.

Having then spoken to Lasse both his frames are bent from incidents in the Leicester match along with his knee being inflamed.

Josh Bates was fenced by Jason Doyle so was struggling & Erik Riss was willing to ride as long as Somerset footed the bill for a new flight home as he would miss his flight plus points money of course . But Somerset were unwilling to do this.

• Like 2

What has fueled this is the announcement made at the stadium was " Lasse Bjerre had agreed to ride for Somerset as a guest during the week but he has today declined the guest booking " so people have assumed that he refused to ride.

Having then spoken to Lasse both his frames are bent from incidents in the Leicester match along with his knee being inflamed.

Josh Bates was fenced by Jason Doyle so was struggling & Erik Riss was willing to ride as long as Somerset footed the bill for a new flight home as he would miss his flight plus points money of course . But Somerset were unwilling to do this.

no he wasn't, JD was in front and JB tried the big lick on the dirt line, Doyley got there first but Josh thought he'd keep going... throttle goes both ways ;)

• Like 2

It amounts to the same thing, fans were short changed. What the sport needs to do is learn from this and Lynn last week and ensure it can not happen again. I won't hold my breath tho.

• Like 1

http://www.somersetrebels.co/news.php?extend.2083

Taken from the Somerset website.

Lasse was unable to ride, not refuse to ride.

SK, If your going to quote the website article, please quote it correctly, as it doesn't quite read as you may like it to. Something of a subtle difference, I fancy if, quoted correctly.

It actually reads as follows:

With the Leicester duo of Lasse Bjerre and Kyle Newman coming in as guest replacements for Heeps and Kerr respectively, the Somerset management were rocked when Bjerre informed them in the lead-up to the start of the match that he could no longer able to ride for them, leaving the Rebels short-handed to the extent that they would be forced to go into at least 3 heats with just 1 rider.

I find the idea this could become a regular occurrence slightly farfetched

You would need to be a pretty big earner and pretty big hitter to be able to pick and choose your meetings and chances to earn.

SK, If your going to quote the website article, please quote it correctly, as it doesn't quite read as you may like it to. Something of a subtle difference, I fancy if, quoted correctly.

With the Leicester duo of Lasse Bjerre and Kyle Newman coming in as guest replacements for Heeps and Kerr respectively, the Somerset management were rocked when Bjerre informed them in the lead-up to the start of the match that he could no longer able to ride for them, leaving the Rebels short-handed to the extent that they would be forced to go into at least 3 heats with just 1 rider.

What's the difference between `Lasse was unable to ride` and `no longer able to ride`?? An extremely subtle difference which amounts to no difference I would humbly suggest

• Like 1

I bet they were rocked if that's what he told them, most Danes are quite capable of constructing a sentence in English!
  • Like 3

I bet they were rocked if that's what he told them, most Danes are quite capable of constructing a sentence in English!

Rather better than most British people's attempts to construct a sentence in Danish.

You wouldn't be happy if a copper turned up to arrest someone then said sorry I can't I lent my handcuffs to my brother.

The copper won't even be making a crime visit anyway soon, if you can speak 'proper' English so the cuffs don't come into it!! :cry: Modern speedway, modern policing!

• Like 1

Bring back the Track Spare

Each track would need 2 as Lasse has small frames made for him

• Like 1

What about the title of the thread,is it misleading?

It must be said that he seemed determined to wreck his bikes last night at the Abbey. He had one good race win but he seemed totally out of it in his other rides. 2 trailing at the rear & 2 crashes

What about the title of the thread,is it misleading?

Anything from SS is misleading! :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1