British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Elitserien Championship Cup

Dave - another vote for Rayleigh. You never forget your first love ;-)

By the way, it's a trading estate not a leisure centre now.

Must be your most successful defeat in years Ghostwalker.

Congratulations.

• Like 1

Another great commentary Dave. Thanks for mentioning the Rayleigh again.

The plaque went missing :-(

They'd put it in the wrong place - the Sainsbury's is on the land before the stadium ....

That really is a tremendous achievement given the troubles of last year and their status as outsiders this year.

Very much against the odds even if they did cause Ghostie a few palpitations in the early stages this evening.

• Like 1

Emperor zagar is in good nick, well done smederna

Another great commentary Dave. Thanks for mentioning the Rayleigh again.

The plaque went missing :-(

They'd put it in the wrong place - the Sainsbury's is on the land before the stadium ....

That really is a tremendous achievement given the troubles of last year and their status as outsiders this year.

Very much against the odds even if they did cause Ghostie a few palpitations in the early stages this evening.

Well the cat has 9 lives although Smederna perhaps is more like the phoenix or maybe a Rhinoceros.

Thanks to all three of you for your support and grats'.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Well the cat has 9 lives although Smederna perhaps is more like the phoenix or maybe a Rhinoceros.

I reckon brandonbee48 will be looking down tonight with a smile on his face mate!! Edited by tricky dicky
  • Like 5

I think Smederna was the first Swedish club I'd heard of. Back in 1973 I was watching my first season of division one racing in Britain, at Hackney where the star was Bengt Jansson who also was riding for Smederna. It was only my second full season watching the sport so I was avidly learning about the international side of the sport. I never heard of Falubaz Zielona Gora though....

Across London the star at Wimbledon of course was another Smederna star, the late Tommy Jansson so it was a club that was noticed in London. Benga/Banger was wonderful to watch at Waterden Road, especially to a 15 year old watching, learning and diuscovering a thrill that 44 years on has still not been lost, despite the antics on the BSF of so-called 'fans'.

Good luck in the final.