British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Elitserien Championship Cup

Ghostie- a question if Smederna handled the 8000 + crowd last night efficiently ? then surely they could handle a GP. how many more can the stadium hold ?

video of last night all heats short version polish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t0pj-tDX-k

I think you missunderstood me. The stadium seating capacity as such regarding seating and grandstands is totally fine. It was 8300 yesterday and 10'000 shouldn't be a problem.

The problem is the infrastructure outside the arena, with insufficient parking for cars and buses as well as an insufficient access road. I arrived by bus yesterday around 17.30 and

the queues were already starting to build up onto the freeway several kilometres away. Many were stuck in queues when the meeting started and it was the same afterwards.

Here is an aerial photo from a few years ago https://i.imgur.com/Cy0vNoQ.png The read marked areas are the parking areas and it's not really that big. It is usually full at

attendances of 4000-5000. The only way to get there is by a small gravel road (black lines south and east of the stadium) that runs just outside the stadium

There used to be a large gravel parking with bus parking west of the track but when Smederna folded in 2009 the go-kart/drifting club used the opportunity to

seize the entire parking for their own purposes. As you can see there is now a large asphalt track where the parking used to be.

IMO it is still disgraceful that the city (owners of the arenas) allowed it because it have really caused problem for the speedway track.

Simply put when there is 5000+ in the attendance the traffic situation will become a big mess.

Here is a new aerial photo of the track area: https://wego.here.com/?map=59.41651,16.37819,17,satellite

Should be this

1. Martin Vaculik- R/R
  2. Szymon Wozniak
  3. Jaroslaw Hampel
  4. Tomas H Jonasson
  5. Bartosz Zmarzlik
  6. Oliver Berntzon
  7. Jonas Davidsson

Eskilstuna Smederna

1. Leon Madsen
  2. Pontus Aspgren
  3. Andzejs Lebedevs
  4. Mikkel Michelsen
  5. Matej Zagar
  6. Linus Eklöf
  7. Michael Jepsen Jensen

At least one bookie thinks that Musielak is replacing Vaculik tonight ?? we will have to wait and see.

Confirmed Musielak rides at no 1 for Vetlanda

Have you got a link to the programmed line ups R & R?

Normally use Sportefawkty but they too must be in the dark...

Very dangerous manoeuvre by Zmarzlik. Luckily it didn't end up in big fall for Lebedev.

It sure was, pretty naughty I thought. Smederna giving a good account of themselves so far, decent match.

What a comeback this is, Ghostwalker must be doing somersaults

Hope they see it out but there's a long way to go

I am not sure what the ruling is actually if we finish level on aggregate - not expecting it to be so close, I didn't look it up before start time. Anyone advise?