British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Elitserien Championship Cup

Thank you Dave, you've done an excellent job and shown a deep knowledge of the sport. It's not easy doing it live 'off tube'.

Would agree with that whole heartedly. The best commentator bar none on UK TV

• Like 1

Thank you to Smederna for keeping the romance of the sport alive.

Thank you to Dave Goddard for an engaging season long performance.

Congratulations to our resident blacksmith - enjoy the moment Ghostie

And get well Jacob Thorrsell

• Like 6

Thankyou everyone for your assistance and entertainment during 2017 - it's been wonderful. Special thankyou to Ghostwalker for his assistance and endless stream of info - many congratulations Eskilstuna Smederna.

See you in 2018!

• Like 8

Smaderna were 16/1 to win the league before tonights meeting Dave

They were 16/1 to win the match. Much bigger for the league! Amazing

Thankyou everyone for your assistance and entertainment during 2017 - it's been wonderful. Special thankyou to

Ghostwalker for his assistance and endless stream of info - many congratulations Eskilstuna Smederna.

See you in 2018!

You are most welcome Dave. :)

About 2018, do you know something I don't. ;) At the moment there are no known information about a new tv-agreement for Swedish Elitserien for 2018.

Just caught up with the meeting and what a suprise! Thought it would be one way traffic and all over by heat 9 but Smederna had other ideas. Vetlanda clearly thought it was in the bag after last night and were complacent.

Zmarzlik very naughty in one ride but his head went completely. Hampel just a gating tart nowdays.

Well done Smederna.

• Like 1

Can't believe that result, what happened to Vetlanda they looked like the away team, was the track different to normal?

What an incredible result and what a fantastic performance from my Swedish team Smederna last night.

For them to go to Vetlanda and win the Swedish league title after losing at home by 8 points in the first leg must go down as one of the finest performances by any of the speedway teams that I support. The effort and performance of all the riders and management was exceptional and just go to show that if you retain the belief that you're going to win in sport anything is possible.

The team riding in heats 2 and 4 was something special and put the home-side who might have thought that they would win easily minds in doubt. I have seen this in other sports (when I was playing darts) when a team thought that they had won the league when requiring only a handful of points in their last match fail at the final hurdle due to complacency and relying on other teams members to achieve the points needed.

As a Wimbledon supporter we have a direct link to Smederna not only through Tommy Jansson who must have a massive smile on his face today (just like me), but others including Bo Jansson and Stefan Salomonsson.

As for Zmarzlik's exclusion it was the right decision and was uncalled for as he had the beating of Lebedevs in that race. That moment of madness by him help shift momentum back tin favour of Smederna as a 5-1 my team in that race might had started a Vetlanda fight-back.

Just in case anyone states the Vetlanda were weaker without Martin Vaculik sue to illness they must remember that Smederna were without Georgi Laguta for different reasons.

Lastly I must thank Dave Goddard for his excellent commentary and Free Sports and Premier Sports for screening this and other meetings from Sweden and Poland this season.

plus I also must thank Ghostwalker for all of his Swedish info. Following the Swedish speedway season without this much valued information would be so much more difficult without it. Thanks for all you work each and every league season.

Edited by Robbie B
  • Like 2

Well done Smederna and a special well done to our ex-Ace, Matej Zagar, who was truly awesome throughout the play-offs.

• Like 1

2 points stood out for me in the 2 legs

1 really impressed by the riding of Pontus Aspgren rode really well both meetings.

2 nice to see Lebedevs return to the form we know he is capable of- shame for Wroclaw it came 2 weeks too late

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Excellent season of Swedish Speedway, have really enjoyed the coverage on Premier/Free Sports this season and am glad to hear it's continuing next season too. Well done Dave for being so engaging with fans on social media during the coverage too, I think Nigel/Kelvin could take a leaf out of his book if Speedway in the UK is to enter the 21st century anytime soon!

And of course, well done the Blacksmiths :D

• Like 2

Excellent season of Swedish Speedway, have really enjoyed the coverage on Premier/Free Sports this season and am glad to hear it's continuing next season too. Well done Dave for being so engaging with fans on social media during the coverage too, I think Nigel/Kelvin could take a leaf out of his book if Speedway in the UK is to enter the 21st century anytime soon!

And of course, well done the Blacksmiths :D

As Ghostie has said coverage depends on whether C More continue or another Swedish TV company takes it on- no domestic coverage= no foreign coverage/ sales

I would like to point out that tv-coverage for next season is up in the air at the moment. AFAIK no new tv-contract have been signed and

there is much uncertainty whether or not there will be a new tv-contract for 2018.