British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Elitserien Championship Cup

Excellent work Dave, I really enjoyed the commentary. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

(At least they let me go to Sweden to commentate :wink: )

Congratulations to Ghostwalker on Smederna's remarkable win, After all he and the club have gone through that must really taste good.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I missed your commentary Dave, had to resort to Cmore, hopefully I'll have this new channel sussed for tomorrow if that's where it's being shown.

Good meeting though, thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 1

There's nothing like a fight for survival to make moments like this so precious. Enjoy.

How messed up is Swedish Speedway. If Smederna win the league & Piraterna are relegated The bookies, if betting on speedway is allowed in Sweden will be aghast.

I still don't get how the playoffs are decided. Unless the league table on the SGP site is wrong. Have Dackarna & Lejonen broken rules?

How messed up is Swedish Speedway. If Smederna win the league & Piraterna are relegated The bookies, if betting on speedway is allowed in Sweden will be aghast.

I still don't get how the playoffs are decided. Unless the league table on the SGP site is wrong. Have Dackarna & Lejonen broken rules?

Top 2 teams qualified direct for the semis. The next four raced a preliminary round with Dackarna and Lejonen losing. So six teams qualified for the finals and four matches had been raced before tonight.

It is like this (like Rob says):

1. Elit Vetlanda -------> direct qualified to Semi final, chooses opponent (from qf winners) & if they want to start home or away
  2. Masarna ------------> direct qualified to Semi final, chooses if they want to start home or away
  3. Dackarna -----------> qualified to quarter final, chooses opponent (team 5 or 6) & if they want to start home or away
  4. Lejonen -------------> qualified to quarter final, chooses if they want to start home or away
  5. Smederna ----------> qualified to quarter final
  6. Rospiggarna -------> qualified to quarter final
  7. Indianerna ----------> finished for the season
  8. Piraterna ------------> relegated, unless Allsvenskan team chooses not to accept promotion in which case Piraterna are offered to stay.

QF, SF an F are all decided over two meetings.

The only wrong about the SGP Swedish league table is that they uses points difference instead of the correct points quota system.

Edited by Ghostwalker

4688 in Rospiggarna 4595 in Masarna

Dave, a question please. tonight the TV guide shows that the speedway starts at 6.30pm on freesports. The meeting in Sweden starts shortly after 6pm. What will be shown ? will coverage join "live" at heat 4(approx.) or will it be " delayed live" from heat 1. I also suppose it could be affected by what time the cricket finishes.

Edited by racers and royals

A few changes: Vetlanda replaces Hjelmland with Berntzon and Rospiggarna replaces Freddie Eriksson with Tero Aarnio

No Berntzon is a surprise after last night. A change too for Smederna according to SVEMO - Walasek in for Karpov.

No Berntzon is a surprise after last night. A change too for Smederna according to SVEMO - Walasek in for Karpov.

Berntzon is riding and Walasek riding is according to the declared lineups. ;)

The weather situation in Vetlanda doesn't look that good. A weather system is moving up over the country and will reach Vetlanda within a few hours.