British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Kings Lynn 30/08/17

I have to say I felt a bit sorry for the KL riders and fans last night. They did try hard - that was obvious especially in the first half of the meeting - but the Poole team continued with their Jekyll and Hyde season by really turning it on when they needed to.

Just to clarify my earlier comment about Jack Holder's 'dizzy spells', I have now listened to the post-meeting interviews again and what he actually said was 'he was feeling a bit sick and just felt a bit dizzy going into bend 3 in heat 1'. He did ok for the rest of the meeting.

Just to clarify my earlier comment about Jack Holder's 'dizzy spells', I have now listened to the post-meeting interviews again and what he actually said was 'he was feeling a bit sick and just felt a bit dizzy going into bend 3 in heat 1'. He did ok for the rest of the meeting.

Sorry but that does not make it OK. If he felt a bit dizzy at any point he should have sought medical advice and would have been withdrawn from the meeting. Riders cannot whinge and moan about dangerous tracks and then put themselves and others in danger because they want to ride regardless. Before you ask I'd say the same about any rider.

• Like 2

Yes, KL put up a good battling performance for 2/3 of the meeting. Shame they lost their way in the end but good for our points difference ratio if the playoffs comes down to that.

I have to say I felt a bit sorry for the KL riders and fans last night. They did try hard - that was obvious especially in the first half of the meeting - but the Poole team continued with their Jekyll and Hyde season by really turning it on when they needed to.

There were a few positives to cheer about Skidder1, I amused the Poole fans in front of me with my shouting and swearing at times hahaha
  • Like 1