British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Perton Wolf

Swindon Vs Wolves 31/8/17

Amazing amount of humility shown by Poole fans on twitter tonight....NOT! Only in Wiltshire eh Penhill Boy? The amount of vitriol aimed at Rye House by quite a few Poole fans is quite incredible which is there prerogative but it makes Shovlar and his comment a little erm pot/kettle....😜

• Like 1

I did watch speedway in Swindon for 3 seasons as a youngster in the early 1970's. I was taken to Swindon as a child from Peterborough by my parents, and at the first opportunity at the age of 18, escaped and moved to beautiful Dorset.

I am a spokeman for nobody other than myself, though thank you for holding me in such high regard.

Don't kid yourself, nobody o/s of Dorset holds you in high regard & as I understand it, there's even a few in Dorset who aren't too keen.

Swindon Speedway‏ @swindonspeedway 1h1 hour ago[/size]More[/size]TONIGHT'S parade now 7.45pm. Jason Doyle in serious delays from a sadly fatal m-way accident. Thanks @wolvesspeedway for co-operation.[/size]

Whilst that is very very sad indeed - it's a trifle bewildering how Doyle appears to have been the only rider delayed by the accident

Perhaps this suggests that he was running quite late anyway

Tragic though the incident was, Doyle I assume would have only missed one ride - surely that's how it should have been

Tough luck, maybe, but the riders must ensure that they're at the track in good time

• Like 1

Amazing amount of humility shown by Poole fans on twitter tonight....NOT! Only in Wiltshire eh Penhill Boy? The amount of vitriol aimed at Rye House by quite a few Poole fans is quite incredible which is there prerogative but it makes Shovlar and his comment a little erm pot/kettle....

Shame on you Shocker, Shov was a Greenmeadow boy....

Shame on you Shocker, Shov was a Greenmeadow boy....

I also live in the parish of Royal Haydon Wick, its so posh we even get out of the bath to have a pee!

I also live in the parish of Royal Haydon Wick, its so posh we even get out of the bath to have a pee!

Shield and Dagger or Fox and Hounds keef?

Whilst that is very very sad indeed - it's a trifle bewildering how Doyle appears to have been the only rider delayed by the accident

Perhaps this suggests that he was running quite late anyway

Tragic though the incident was, Doyle I assume would have only missed one ride - surely that's how it should have been

Tough luck, maybe, but the riders must ensure that they're at the track in good time

Since the accident was on the M11 with Jason travelling from Stanstead, it would be very unlikely that any other rider in the meeting would also be caught in the traffic hold up. He was held up for 4 hours and if there was no accident he would have been at Swindon at 3.45. Next time you may want to check out the facts.

Edited by A ORLOV

Not posh enough, Blunsdon Arms, Jovial Monk, and Manor Farm for me.

Do not forget Engerland are on the tv kicking a bag of air about so the showing of a decent sport in pubs is limited.

• Like 2

Since the accident was on the M11 with Jason travelling from Stanstead, it would be very unlikely that any other rider in the meeting would also be caught in the traffic hold up. He was held up for 4 hours and if there was no accident he would have been at Swindon at 3.45. Next time you may want to check out the facts.

Fair comment - there was no indication (as far as I had seen) as to where the incident and hold up occurred, so it was unfortunate for Jason indeed

Nevertheless, I'm not sure about delaying the start of a meeting due to the late arrival of just one rider, no.1 or not

If he had been delayed longer, would the meeting have been further held back, or started on time without him?

Precedents are dangerous things, and tend to have bad knock-on effects - that's just my concern

Thanks for providing the details of the accident

• Like 1