British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Perton Wolf

Swindon Vs Wolves 31/8/17

I know we are all currently enjoying blagging Poole fans due to their mid season demise, but I do have a feeling they are looking dangerous opposition. Their riders appear to be hitting form just at the right time.

Has there been a mid season sale at Halfords?

New spokey dokeys? Go faster stripes? New reflectors?

At least we will be able to see them as we lap them this time....

Sadly Swindon have no reserves currently

We haven't, with respect, had a no 7 all season !

Don't worry the Robins top 5 will hit 45, and BWD will be back for playoffs with new engine.

Showers forecast for today.

Not sure if reserves can only be used from non qualifying teams for both semis and final, but these two could be an option but when Poole were at Swindon only Lahti scored well.

The way things are going tonight I would imagine Poole will be in the play offs, so do we pick them or BV?

No need Bradley and Mitchell Davey will be at reserve
  • Like 1

The last time we beat Wolves in June there was no Doyley Morra or Muesli!

Have to be confident of beating anyone in semis over 2 legs, Swindon are the team to beat, although this record-breaking run may go at Rye or Wolves.

The last time we beat Wolves in June there was no Doyley Morra or Muesli!

Have to be confident of beating anyone in semis over 2 legs, Swindon are the team to beat, although this record-breaking run may go at Rye or Wolves.

You did have Batchelor and Kurtz to replace Doyle and Morris but as you say you now have Musielak. More of concern is your current weakness at reserve but I can't see Wolves stopping your current excellent run of wins.

Has there been a mid season sale at Halfords?

New spokey dokeys? Go faster stripes? New reflectors?

At least we will be able to see them as we lap them this time....

Wow the arrogance of some Swindon fans! Some of you are going to come crashing back to reality with a very loud thump.

Remember when Poole finished 24 points clear of Coventry and ran out of steam? Remember Swindon going to Wolves in the final only to get stuffed out of sight to make the second leg a formality?

Some think the title is in the bag. It isn't. If Poole make 4th, don't believe it will be a stroll to the final. It won't be.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Wow the arrogance of some Swindon fans! Some of you are going to come crashing back to reality with a very loud thump.

Remember when Poole finished 24 points clear of Coventry and ran out of steam? Remember Swindon going to Wolves in the final only to get stuffed out of sight to make the second leg a formality?

Some think the title is in the bag. It isn't. If Poole make 4th, don't believe it will be a stroll to the final. It won't be.

Gues you should have a clear insight on arrogance

Don't worry the Robins top 5 will hit 45, and BWD will be back for playoffs with new engine.

Showers forecast for today.

Would be going some against Wolves think we look a little unbalanced since the last set of averages but hopefully once Bradley is back may give us some bite at reserve...playoffs could end up the most unpredictable so far and despite all the injury issues everyone has or are experiencing any of the 4 can win it 5 if you include Rye although I think Poole look nailed on now thanks to Starbucks
  • Like 2

Will be there tonight at the abbey...

I think a coat might be needed..

A raincoat, 5th. meeting in 11 days, around 7000 have gone through those rusty Abbey gates so far on the two Mondays and Thursday.

Some skint Robins fans around.

GO ROBINS!!!

A raincoat, 5th. meeting in 11 days, around 7000 have gone through those rusty Abbey gates so far on the two Mondays and Thursday.

Some skint Robins fans around.

GO ROBINS!!!

I will be by the starting gate if you want to meet up..

I will be wearing a Mike keen scarf lol..

I will be by the starting gate if you want to meet up..

I will be wearing a Mike keen scarf lol..

Ok I will be wearing my Clive Hitch rosette.

Whoever qualifies for the Playoffs, there will be no easy route to the final. Should make for an exciting few meetings for sure

Ok I will be wearing my Clive Hitch rosette.

And your purple Chinos ?

No need Bradley and Mitchell Davey will be at reserve

Would be happy with M Davey but the guest rulings may screw using him for all the playoff meetings, which is why I am wondering who might replace Zach for one of them. We might have to have the first semi at Swindon to get round that, unless they change the date of the final 2nd leg which is a wed which will allow us to race away first. This of course is if we win the semi.

• Like 1

Its called banter :rolleyes:

• Like 3