British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Rye House V King's Lynn - Tuesday 29th August.

Yes it was as a precaution. No medic withdraws a rider for no reason

A medic will issue a certificate based on what the rider tells him. Given that X-ray facilities are not available, the medic has no choice but to believe what is being said.

I would suggest that comments made at the time with reference to the track and subsequent events i.e. the guest appearance the next day had a lot to do with Buster's decision.

• Like 4

I just love the Kings Lynn match preview and I quote " The only current absentee is Nicklas Porsing (concussion) with regular stand in Simon Lambert stepping into the breach at reserve"

Porsing top scored for Rospiggarna tonight scoring 13+1, not bad for someone with concussion.

Then he should be treated the same as Batchelor, and be shown the door. But then I guess he's not bothered as its almost the end of the season. No doubt there will be lots of explanations, as to why he rode in Sweden, but it doesn't wash with me, like several others he is letting the club down, and I for one wouldn't want him back in Stars colours.

I just love the Kings Lynn match preview and I quote " The only current absentee is Nicklas Porsing (concussion) with regular stand in Simon Lambert stepping into the breach at reserve"

Porsing top scored for Rospiggarna tonight scoring 13+1, not bad for someone with concussion.

Then he should be treated the same as Batchelor, and be shown the door. But then I guess he's not bothered as its almost the end of the season. No doubt there will be lots of explanations, as to why he rode in Sweden, but it doesn't wash with me, like several others he is letting the club down, and I for one wouldn't want him back in Stars colours.

He rode in Sweden because the Elitserian fixture has been in the diary from the beginning of their season.

Obviously you are one, who speaks without being aware of the facts; Sweden and Britain race to different rules. In UK Porsing is not allowed to ride within 9 day period of getting concussion, whereas in Sweden they have no such rule. Who is right and who is wrong is debatable. But I would have thought all these safety rules should be the same for every country and governed by FIM....

• Like 1

Porsing rode in Sweden because their rules regarding concussion are not as strict as those in the UK. Porsing fell last week, banging his head and withdrawing from the meeting with yet another concussion (he has been out for quite a while with the after effects of an earlier concussion). In the UK that is a mandatory 9 day suspension. Quire rightly so IMHO (I personally think for a 2nd and subsequent concussion it should be longer but hey ho).

Therefore it matters not one iota when the Swedish match was programmed he would not have been allowed to ride in the UK, and I believe his manager said that ban finishes on Thursday.

EDIT

Beat me to it GRW. I do agree all countries should have the same rules but if others do not take concussion issues seriously (and they don't appear to) the UK should go it alone on this one.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

Obviously you are one, who speaks without being aware of the facts; Sweden and Britain race to different rules. In UK Porsing is not allowed to ride within 9 day period of getting concussion, whereas in Sweden they have no such rule. Who is right and who is wrong is debatable. But I would have thought all these safety rules should be the same for every country and governed by FIM....

I'm fully aware of the differences between the UK and Swedish rules regarding concussion, but I would have thought that it was in Nicklas's own interest to take the full break from racing to allow himself time to heal. What if he had suffered another severe bang to the head when racing in Sweden, the result of which may have been too terrible to contemplate?

I'm fully aware of the differences between the UK and Swedish rules regarding concussion, but I would have thought that it was in Nicklas's own interest to take the full break from racing to allow himself time to heal. What if he had suffered another severe bang to the head when racing in Sweden, the result of which may have been too terrible to contemplate?

By the looks of your other post what GRW123 quoted on i 'm not sure you were fully aware of the rules on concussion.

To me it sounded like you were getting a bit upset/frustrated because he was riding for Rospiggarna and not Lynn last night.Where as now you know he couldn't have rode for Lynn so have now come out with a different approach on the matter.

• Like 1

don't think it matters who was riding for Lynn at Rye .... if Ove Fundin had scored 15 we'd have still lost ..... :cry:

But if Michael Lee and Ove Fundin had been riding along side Robert Lambert it might have been a draw.

• Like 1