British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Belle Vue V Rye House 30 Aug 2017

Just goes to show how Rye House are the new Lakeside of the top flight. Dynamite at home but non existent on the road.

Don't deserve top 4 imo.

Nicholls must really hate the NSS.

Rye appeared to enjoy Wimborne Road though.

I didn't expect that to be so easy. Jack Smith was superb and showed in the way he passed Robson in heat 2 and later beat Nicholls the potential he has, well done. Perks also rode well,a much different rider than during his spell with Wolves. Bjerre clearly showed his problems last weekend were down to his engine problems, Cook continued with his good form, Tungate again showed what a good signing he has been and Lasse Bjerre was a good replacement for Worrall.

Rye House were lacklustre. Barker, Wells and particularly Nicholls have all performed better at the NSS, KK rode hard but didn't manage to win a race, Robson had his moments and Morley probably did as expected. Harris would have scored more than r/r but not many more with the form the Aces were in and not enough to gain any league points.

The good news is that we're back. Add Fricke and Bewley and on this form we will give anyone a run for their money.

Edited by Aces51

After the last two nights that was all very disappointing. Only Barker and Robson emerging with any credit.

Scotty should be ashamed of himself.

I'm sure he is but a very rare bad score from a usually very reliable top performer.

Who knows if it was a bike problem or something else affecting him on the night ? He has never been that poor at the NSS before.

• Like 2

Just goes to show how Rye House are the new Lakeside of the top flight. Dynamite at home but non existent on the road.

Don't deserve top 4 imo.Nicholls must really hate the NSS.

they weren't non existent at your place they thumped you by 30 points! So if they don't deserve top 4 how do Poole who clearly aren't any better??

You do write some tosh at times

• Like 1

they weren't non existent at your place they thumped you by 30 points! So if they don't deserve top 4 how do Poole who clearly aren't any better??

You do write some tosh at times

1 meeting what about the other 9 on the road?

You would know all about that wouldn't you

Was at BV last night as a neutral supporting Rye House (had a few quid on them). Have to say that it was a right hammering and BV outclassed Rye. Bjerre was never getting beat last night and I was surprised when Cook was to be honest. Tungate is/was very good at NSS also.

Barker did well and Robson, KK + Ricky Wells tried hard but Nicholls for whatever reason was poor, just never looked like he had any speed. Morley understandably struggled.

Not that it would have made any difference in the end, but why KK wasn't used as the tactical was beyond me. The top rider they have and paid for these moments (admittedly failed to score in his first heat) and Barker is given the Black/White. Team managers don't have much to do nowadays and just as well.

Well done BV, but still hoping Rye make the play offs.

KK looked dreadful in his first heat whereas Barker looked fast. I'd have given the T/R to Barker as well! As it was, KK was a little silly in not conceding to Barker for the additional point coming off the 3rd/4th bend.

• Like 1

KK looked dreadful in his first heat whereas Barker looked fast. I'd have given the T/R to Barker as well! As it was, KK was a little silly in not conceding to Barker for the additional point coming off the 3rd/4th bend.

Just my opinion and I'd have put KK's first ride down as a blip at the time and as I say he is the main man, again my opinion. Agree he should have let BB through.

Last night showed how much we are missing Fricke.

RR scored a reasonable 6 points but the first time RH came to Belle Vue in a much closer meeting (RH were two points up going into heat 10!) Fricke scored 13!

Does anyone know who was practising after the meeting last night? I think Stoney's lad did a few laps but who was the rider with the no.27 on his kevlars?

Jaimon lidsey, a young Aussie rider who's over for the u21s at weekend