British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Belle Vue V Rye House 30 Aug 2017

Makes the situation even more stupid.

The regs dont allow the pussycats to give permission for Bomber to ride at BV but apparently have no power to stop such permission for a rider to go off to Poland

Will be completely farcical when it is called off at Peterborough (99% chance with weather forecast) and Bomber even if he has time to travel wont be allowed to take his place as R/R has been announced

Tonight's meeting is a perfect example of why the Play Offs were designed in that instead of it being a 'dead rubber' late in the Season which could result in a poor crowd, it now becomes almost 'pivotal' as to who gets those important second and fourth places. A meeting that actually 'means something' and one which can be marketed as such...

So what do the Promoters of the Sport do?

Render it alongside other farces by allowing key members of both teams to miss this 'pivotal' meeting to ride elsewhere...

Its a simple conclusion to reach therefore that says if 'they' don't see a meeting such as this 'important enough' to run 'properly' then why should the fans treat it as 'important enough' to attend?

I truly now believe that (in this Country) the Promoters have simply 'given up', and accepted that years and years of leaderless, no direction, make it up as you go along, decision making has rendered the Sport 'beyond repair' and now just 'wing it' the best they can on a daily basis to (hopefully with a good wind) complete a ridiculously disjointed fixture list..,

Hope they can find a couple of guests for me and my lad tonight to replace the cash I would have spent....

Or maybe a FR (Fan Replacement) Facilty will be granted...😉😲

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 7

The regs dont allow the pussycats to give permission for Bomber to ride at BV but apparently have no power to stop such permission for a rider to go off to Poland

Will be completely farcical when it is called off at Peterborough (99% chance with weather forecast) and Bomber even if he has time to travel wont be allowed to take his place as R/R has been announced

I'm sure there has been instances where a rider rode for his other team after a postponement.

• Like 1

SpeedwayGB website this morning says Lasse Bjerre guesting for Belle Vue and not Charles Wright. RR for Fricke & Harris.

Pity it's not full teams but should be a close match.

mikebv wrote" I truly now believe that (in this Country) the Promoters have simply 'given up', and accepted that years and years of leaderless, no direction, make it up as you go along, decision making has rendered the Sport 'beyond repair' and now just 'wing it' the best they can on a daily basis to (hopefully with a good wind) complete a ridiculously disjointed fixture list"

​And that is how I also see it and is why I am about to walk away from the sport live in the stadium and settle for watching it much more cheaply ( not quite free ) live at home on TV. The GP is still truly competitive and well worth watching but the Premier League matches are 75% dross and FTG "races". The promoters will continue to "wing it" until there is no-on left on the terraces to watch it.

• Like 4

Does it say in the rules that if R/R is announced Harris cannot subsequently ride if Peterborough is rained off...

Bewley and Smith were available to ride for The Colts at Birmingham once Poole was called off.

Brummies subsequently got rained off but I think it can and should be allowed.

The only times there's an issue is if a guest has been booked and it's unfair on them to ditch them at the last minute.

I remember Sam Masters enjoying a free meal at NSS whilst watching his guest replacement.

Does it say in the rules that if R/R is announced Harris cannot subsequently ride if Peterborough is rained off...

I am sure that on previous occasions that a d/u rider has suddenly changed who he rides for if one meeting is rained off but not sure if second club had announced guest or r/r.

Edited by A ORLOV

If Peterborough is off then hopefully Worrall and Harris will ride. I'm sure supporters of both teams would prefer to see their own riders.

Could go either way tonight. Rye doing exceptionally well and Aces with question marks over Kenneth Bjerre's recent poor performances, Tungate who had two falls in Sweden last night, he says he is feeling sh*t but hoping to be OK for tonight and Bewley who has a groin injury. If our guest is now Lasse Bjerre, he was tremendous for Leicester on their recent visit so let's hope he can repeat that performance as we need the top 4 to do well to get a decent score from Fricke's rides.

I'm an optimist so Bjerre's new engines will see him back to his best, Tungate and Bewley will not suffer any ill affects from their injuries and whichever guest we have, Wright or Bjerre will cover Worrall's usual score or, even better, Worral will ride.

48-41 to the Aces.

Edited by Aces51

So is it Lasse Bjerre or Charles Wright guesting??

So is it Lasse Bjerre or Charles Wright guesting??

???? Belle Vue Website says Wright. SpeedwayGB website says Bjerre. Top notch as usual!

???? Belle Vue Website says Wright. SpeedwayGB website says Bjerre. Top notch as usual!

Belle vue deleted there tweet saying it was Wright so assume it's deffo bjerre

Still says Wright on their website meeting preview?!

So if Peterborough is rained off....

and Rye can't go back on their announcement to use RR...

can Chris Harris guest for BV?

• Like 5

Peterboro gave up in theyre league for cash and cash only.

Bomber should ride for the rockets tonight as theyve more to ride for

• Like 1

What appears to be overlooked was that as the Peterborough vs Newcastle fixture was already logged before the Belle Vue vs Rye House fixture, you would assume that both BV & Rye were fully aware of this and that Worrall & Harris would be engaged elsewhere.

If you intend going to Awalton tonight, would you just accept that messrs Harris & Worrall would be missing, despite this fixture having priority for their services over the Belle Vue fixture?