British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Belle Vue V Rye House 30 Aug 2017

What appears to be overlooked was that as the Peterborough vs Newcastle fixture was already logged before the Belle Vue vs Rye House fixture, you would assume that both BV & Rye were fully aware of this and that Worrall & Harris would be engaged elsewhere.

If you intend going to Awalton tonight, would you just accept that messrs Harris & Worrall would be missing, despite this fixture having priority for their services over the Belle Vue fixture?

Rye and BV fans will just have to accept it and get in with what they have. You don't hear Poole fans bleating about Starke, who is also missing.

Perhaps rye fans have something in common with the Aussie riders. Bunch of whingers!

Rye and BV fans will just have to accept it and get in with what they have. You don't hear Poole fans bleating about Starke, who is also missing.

Perhaps rye fans have something in common with the Aussie riders. Bunch of whingers!

Pathetic comment and clearly struck a nerve Harris happens to Rye's number one -Stark r/r makes Poole stronger!

I hope Kurtz and Holder are not on speaking terms with you cos I doubt they will be any longer.

Quite how this sport allows a lower league team to have say over who rides where when Rye have every opertunity to

reach the play offs is beyond belief.

Yeah but Starke has been awful and its a blessing that we are going with R/R tbh.

I think Rye are stronger without Harris. Chris has never pulled up any tress around the NSS.

• Like 1

What appears to be overlooked was that as the Peterborough vs Newcastle fixture was already logged before the Belle Vue vs Rye House fixture, you would assume that both BV & Rye were fully aware of this and that Worrall & Harris would be engaged elsewhere.

If you intend going to Awalton tonight, would you just accept that messrs Harris & Worrall would be missing, despite this fixture having priority for their services over the Belle Vue fixture?

Be that as it may, Harris was declared in the Rye House team from day one. And why, as a Rye fan should I not be bothered about him riding for a team that will allow their riders to miss meetings to ride in Poland but want Harris even though the situation in which Holder was released for meetings is the same. Holder was allowed to ride for Torun depending on how they did in the league, Rye House could miss out on the play-offs from Bomber's lost points tonight. What's the difference?

I said at the time of the Jack / Torun affair that Peterborough had set a very bad precedent that may come back to bite them (and others). To release a rider from one meeting where he is supposed to ride to go and ride somewhere else is the thin end of the wedge. Much as I would like to see common sense prevail and Chris Harris be allowed to ride at BV tonight, from a Peterborough management and fan point of view I might be saying, "Why should we release him?". And of course the chorus of responses would be, "Well you've done it before".

I take it that means you won't want Chris back next year then?

• Like 4

I am sorry Steve you haven't understood the issue, We want Chris to ride for us because he is a part of our team (and he want to as well) not because we are a win at allcosts club. To prove this point I believe Belle Vue missing Steve Worrall is a bigger loss that Chris for Rye House but I still would rather bother teams be at full strength tonight even if it lessens our chances of winning.

Its not a dig but if Holder is missing your match at Somerset so he can get his best bikes abroad for an individual competition then I think the Poole fans are being short changed big time.

Charles Wright is back as a guest

I am sorry Steve you haven't understood the issue, We want Chris to ride for us because he is a part of our team (and he want to as well) not because we are a win at allcosts club. To prove this point I believe Belle Vue missing Steve Worrall is a bigger loss that Chris for Rye House but I still would rather bother teams be at full strength tonight even if it lessens our chances of winning.

Its not a dig but if Holder is missing your match at Somerset so he can get his best bikes abroad for an individual competition then I think the Poole fans are being short changed big time.

It's not some mickey mouse meeting in Poland- it's the final of the World U21 team final !!!!

Peterborough still could be rained off.

BV attempt to engage Bomber as their guest.

Bomber refuses to ride against his own club, quite right too.

Bomber banned for 28 days for withholding his services.

Oh come on Fd, you're in the realms of fantasy now. But there is a vacancy at the BSPA coming up if you're interested.

• Like 1

It's seems they accepted Holder being missing.

It's not some mickey mouse meeting in Poland- it's the final of the World U21 team final !!!!

And how long has that fixture been in the calendar?

Perhaps Somerset and Poole should have considered the clash of dates before they arranged to meet.

Sauce for the goose....

Edited by False dawn

Charles Wright is back as a guest

What is going on.Maybe Bjerre is going to guest for Harris at Peterborough,and Harris heads to Belle Vue for Rye.You never know in speedway.

Is Brady Kurtz in the same meeting and is he also riding at Somerset on Friday?

I take it that means you won't want Chris back next year then?

No. Time to move on. CH was a good servant to Poole but no point in looking back. Time for a new number one.

No. Time to move on. CH was a good servant to Poole but no point in looking back. Time for a new number one.

Don't say that lol.

CH would be a 3rd HL.

Janowski, B. Kurtz and C. Holder as a top 3.