British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sings4Speedway

Play Off Run In

With things poised to be one of the most open and interesting Pay Off run ins for a few years what are everyone thoughts on who will make the cut?

Im guessing 41+ points will be required and high likelihood of points for/against to decide the 4th place position ?

Any slip up at this stage could cost a team a chance and some big head to head meetings with Mildenhall vs Cradley looking vital for both sides.

Any rain offs could prove hugely costly with such little time to re-arrange and with IOW, Stoke & Plymouth facing so many of the chasing teams over the next month their performances will have a say on the final outcome.

Im going to poke my head over the parapet and say the finishing order will be:

Eastbourne 49pts

Belle Vue 48pts

Mildenhall 42 pts

Kent & Lakeside 41 pts

Brum 40 pts

Cradley 35pts

• Like 1

Belle Vue 48

Eastbourne 48

Kent 41

Mildenhall 41

----------------------------

Birmingham 39

Cradley 38

Lakeside 37

Is how I've got it, so even with an optimistic 3 points for the Brummies at Plymouth with Mildenhall picking up nothing there it still wouldn't be enough. Fen Tigers and Kent both have more away's than home to fit in but with both going to Stoke and then a visit to IOW and Buxton respectively should be favourable enough for them to pick up the necessary wins to make it. As mentioned their biggest enemy is probably going to be the weather, but it does seem to be improving on that front.

Definitely the closest play-off chasing battle for a while.

BV and Eastie are in with Cradley out imo. If Kent and Mildenhall can pick up another away win (which they're capable of) then they are in strong positions seeing as Brum dropped vital home points this week. But then Lakeside should get 4 points at Buxton which I think will sneak them above one of Kent or Mildenhall.

I can't see lakeside winning at buxton if both clegg and Williamson are there

Williamson will be missing.

Lakeside could well take it then if there too 3 perform and bottom end do something