British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PHILIPRISING

Smolinski And Pussies

ONE of the first things I was taught when setting out on a journalistic career was to create a talking point. Often try and do that on the bfs. More often than not enjoy the discussions although some get out of hand.

Would take one issue with you Grand Central. Not all ex-riders, or indeed current ones, are 'geriatric pit-dwellers.' And, in my experience, frequently offer an insight into certain incidents that I couldn't achieve even after decades watching guys ride round in almost circles.

ONE of the first things I was taught when setting out on a journalistic career was to create a talking point. Often try and do that on the bfs. More often than not enjoy the discussions although some get out of hand.

Would take one issue with you Grand Central. Not all ex-riders, or indeed current ones, are 'geriatric pit-dwellers.' And, in my experience, frequently offer an insight into certain incidents that I couldn't achieve even after decades watching guys ride round in almost circles.

I think it is fair to say that current riders and ex riders as a collective display the general variation in intelligence and ability to analyse their own opinions in exactly the same way as the rest of the 'normal' population.

In my experience some are quite astute.

But many are as thick as two short planks.

Just like us all.

I just get decidedly irritated by their views being taken as being better than others. Just 'because they ride'.

As an almost statement of fact.

It just smacks of the 'My Dad is bigger than your Dad' way of settling a discussion.

Ok well getting back to the Original subject... Was a controversial exclusion. Smolly definitely not popular in the GP pits only got to see some of the riders past and present on Twitter comment on him to realize that. On the flip side Pawlicki does hit the deck a lot... Be interesting to see how it plays out the rest of the series.

same place as you got the Aussie hater about me . every time you post an opinion from this day forward ,i shall make a comment about you being a german hater , see how you like having unthruths attributed to you and your opinion wrtitten off because you are a german hater ,, not nice is it ?german hater

YOUR contempt for Australian riders has manifested itself on the bfs on many occasions. It's hardly a state secret.

When have I ever stated a personal opinion about any German rider? For the record, why would I hate Smolinski. I was stating a well known fact that he is not popular amongst his SGP peers and calling Pawlicki a 'pussy' would not have gone down well. During his season in the SGP, when I was Asst Race Director, he was difficult to deal with at times but that's his nature.

Many Germans, especially from Bavaria, come across as arrogant, often with good reason. Does not mean they are hated, except when taking penalties against England in soccer internationals.

You can call me what you like, if it provides you with some form of perverted satisfaction, but for a change at least try and get your facts right.

I think it is fair to say that current riders and ex riders as a collective display the general variation in intelligence and ability to analyse their own opinions in exactly the same way as the rest of the 'normal' population.

In my experience some are quite astute.

But many are as thick as two short planks.

Just like us all.

I just get decidedly irritated by their views being taken as being better than others. Just 'because they ride'.

As an almost statement of fact.

It just smacks of the 'My Dad is bigger than your Dad' way of settling a discussion.

Your dad analogy is not one of your best. I have never ridden a speedway bike, have no idea how it fells when you are about to have a collision. I never said nor meant that anyone's view is necessarily better than someone else's but I do believe that those who have been in that situation, probably more times than they can remember, probably have a better idea of what was actually going on than do I. Does it make them right and me wrong? No because there will be others of similar experience who think the opposite, as no doubt there was on Saturday.

more german hating

Hard to say More when there was none the first time and again none the second time.

Thats a sketchy definition of a Winner, but as you wish Sir.

makes no difference whether there is any actual hating or not , I have made my mind up Phillip Rising is a German hater ,that's good enough ,I can call him german hater as often as I wish , any time he expresses opinion on anything he will be accused of german hating , and eventually ,a few of the sheep on BSF will start to believe it , and quote him as a German Hater ,................winner

Have you by chance heard of the concept of libel?

WHY ... referee wasn't Polish and plenty of people including former riders (whose views I always think have a better perspective) thought the decision was correct.

suprised said riders didn't blame nicki pedersen for the crash

I would agree with Phil in that Smoli is outspoken and also not that popular with some people in the sport.On the other side he does actually go out and want to entertain the fans.The people who count.He is very approachable and in a number of meetings i have seen him in goes that extra mile to pull wheelies or donuts and just give something back.

I quite liked it that he seemed to have riled the Monster duo of Holder and Ward when he rode that GP season

• Like 5

I would agree with Phil in that Smoli is outspoken and also not that popular with some people in the sport.On the other side he does actually go out and want to entertain the fans.The people who count.He is very approachable and in a number of meetings i have seen him in goes that extra mile to pull wheelies or donuts and just give something back.

I quite liked it that he seemed to have riled the Monster duo of Holder and Ward when he rode that GP season

WOULDN'T argue with that.

So will next weeks headline be Pawlicki Goes Down? Easily and/or Often?

SOUNDS a bit naughty :party:

WOULDN'T argue with that.

SOUNDS a bit naughty :party:

In for a penny in for a pound, why not bring back readers wives, there were some crackers in those 70's editions.

As for Smolinski, I like it when he's included in a meeting, you never know what you will get with him and it's clear he doesn't mind mixing it with anyone on the track, as per Kildemand.

• Like 1

In for a penny in for a pound, why not bring back readers wives, there were some crackers in those 70's editions.

As for Smolinski, I like it when he's included in a meeting, you never know what you will get with him and it's clear he doesn't mind mixing it with anyone on the track, as per Kildemand.

THE Angus Kix glamour league ... oh, the memories. What makes you think they were their wives!!!

makes no difference whether there is any actual hating or not , I have made my mind up Phillip Rising is a German hater ,that's good enough ,I can call him german hater as often as I wish , any time he expresses opinion on anything he will be accused of german hating , and eventually ,a few of the sheep on BSF will start to believe it , and quote him as a German Hater ,................winner

No they won't, the only person's reputation you will tarnish is your own, although that's pretty well shot to pieces.

You're known as an Aussie hater because of your continued rantings about them. There are quite literally hundreds of xenophobic posts from yourself regarding Australians and other foreign riders.

yes i have .i researched it when i got accused of being a homophobe a racist ,and an Aussie hater ,so I know all the gory details

And no doubt realised, it wasn't libel as you have made your views very clear over the years.

• Like 2