British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Speedway Star `publishers Notice` Pages 2 And 3 This Week.

Great article that sums up Speedways Problems.

Diminishing attendances,continuity in fixtures,guests,R/R,doubling up etc.

Says that people that get out of the habit may be lost to SS and Speedway.

I have only been to a handful of meetings this year due to above and other reasons.

I have seen some cracking meetings in the SGP and SWC.

Shows that Speedway can be great if run properly.

If Speedway does not act very soon,I and many will be lost to the sport. :o

• Like 4

The piece really does bring home the true state we are in now.

i imagine that keeping The Star Ship afloat, whilst the promoters systematically torpedo the vessel from all sides, is quite soul destroying for those involved.

I have always been open in criticisng some of the reporting and editorial policy over the years. And still will.

But I would be quite lost without my weekly fix.

It really is a great magazine and needs to be supported.

At the moment it sounds to be suffering .

I now have my subscription online, and after years of collecting hard copies, I just love the exact editions version. With the back catalogue instantly available for reference. The idea to odd to that with more online pages is an excellent idea. I hope that increases online subs to add to the coffers.

I know no one listens to a word I say on here.

But for once I hope people will listen and respond..

If you haven't got one already buy an online sub to The Star.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 5

Not so much speedways problems but "British Speedway" problems.

Speedway is a great sport, just not in this country anymore thanks to those that attempt to run it.

Fortunately we have the grand prix's which continue to be good viewing most of the time and the Swedish and Polish league's make good viewing too.

Stuff the BSPA I don't need you to get my speedway fix anymore but without me and others your businesses will die! who needs who more?

• Like 2

Speedway is a great sport, just not in this country anymore thanks to those that attempt to run it.

Fortunately we have the grand prix's which continue to be good viewing most of the time and the Swedish and Polish league's make good viewing too.

Stuff the BSPA I don't need you to get my speedway fix anymore but without me and others your businesses will die! who needs who more?

fortunately we have the GP for good viewing , and league speedway in this country and others props it up at it's own expense , shame the leagues can't muster the balls to say , league or GP ? see how many think they can earn a living from GP racing only , when they all come flocking back for their bread and butter , speedway will benefit from not being blackmailed , it all seems pretty simple , and needs doing before speedway gets killed off like road racing has , all the road racing tracks are blackmailed by series like BSB , and riders get creamed off to that and Moto GP , with the tracks left to stage national level meetings and struggle on week by week losing money

• Like 2

And the same page has yet another rider pointing the finger at everyone and everything else as being the root of the issue. Riders really need to wake up and start looking in the mirror at the big part they've played in the mess the sport finds itself in.

Sweden is in a right mess too. Looks like more clubs closing over there after this season.

• Like 1

I'll be subscribing to the Star again without question.

I'm one of the people who has stopped going because of the number of guests, doubling up, lack of team identity, double point jokers, etc. etc. but I continue to buy the Star because it keeps me in touch with the sport that I hope will one day recover.

However, on the same page, the man in charge wants more and more guests, leaving the sport open to more ridicule and the loss of more fans.

Thank you Speedway Star for raising these issues and for the people in charge of the sport, for God's sake, get a grip.

• Like 8

I'll be subscribing to the Star again without question.

I'm one of the people who has stopped going because of the number of guests, doubling up, lack of team identity, double point jokers, etc. etc. but I continue to buy the Star because it keeps me in touch with the sport that I hope will one day recover.

However, on the same page, the man in charge wants more and more guests, leaving the sport open to more ridicule and the loss of more fans.

Thank you Speedway Star for raising these issues and for the people in charge of the sport, for God's sake, get a grip.

My situation precisely. Chapman's comments are so off the mark it's pitiful.

• Like 3

Mainly due to the ineptitude of the people running speedway the sport is in such a mess. What with ridiculous rule changes and nothing to entice the fans in. I didn't really think it was possible but this season has just sunk to new depths and the powers that be don't seem to see this unfortunately.

Hope the speedway star keeps on being produced been buying it every week since 1997 and still look forward to every Thursday for this weeks edition.

• Like 2

Mainly due to the ineptitude of the people running speedway the sport is in such a mess. What with ridiculous rule changes and nothing to entice the fans in. I didn't really think it was possible but this season has just sunk to new depths and the powers that be don't seem to see this unfortunately.

Hope the speedway star keeps on being produced been buying it every week since 1997 and still look forward to every Thursday for this weeks edition.

THANKS for the comments ... we do read and appreciate them.

I have bought Speedway Star since the sixties and now have it on subscription. Received my renewal letter this week and am seriously thinking whether I should bother. Will the sport in this country survive another twelve months?

I have bought Speedway Star since the sixties and now have it on subscription. Received my renewal letter this week and am seriously thinking whether I should bother. Will the sport in this country survive another twelve months?

GO on, give it a go

• Like 3

Previously I used to get the Star semi-regularly from my local Sainsbury's. Now, apparently, they are no longer going to stock it.

I don't go to my local track because, in my opinion, the racing and track prep are very poor. It seems the only way i could get the SS now is via subscription...

I've only been to 2 live meetings this year, one Belle Vue, one Poole.

As a fan since the early 80's, I've now become an armchair fan getting my fix mainly from the GPs, a sad state of affairs indeed.

Previously I used to get the Star semi-regularly from my local Sainsbury's. Now, apparently, they are no longer going to stock it.

I don't go to my local track because, in my opinion, the racing and track prep are very poor. It seems the only way i could get the SS now is via subscription...

I've only been to 2 live meetings this year, one Belle Vue, one Poole.

As a fan since the early 80's, I've now become an armchair fan getting my fix mainly from the GPs, a sad state of affairs indeed.

SUBSCRIPTION saves you money ... £36. a year

• Like 1

I do get the star every week for as long as I can rembember ,well i have been in it enough times I feel I owe it to them 😉It's the only magazine or newspaper I read

The SS is excellent value for money, I'm amazed they can produce it even at the new increased price. I've been getting it since the mid 50's and still look forward to the post arriving on Thursdays. I've been keeping them and all my programmes since the early 60's, they keep my loft insulated so not only can you enjoy reading them but they can also save you money. I can see the add campaign now.

Like others I find it astounding that in this weeks issue Chapman wants clubs to be able to have guests "for any missing riders that are on official duty elsewhere, or for whatever reason." Yet more evidence of how out of touch he is with what fans want.

• Like 1