British Speedway Forum
bruno

How Many Definately Starters Next Year

Just looking through all the teams most seem to have a cloud of some sort hanging over them for next year. How many DEFINATES do we reckon will be running next year. I think this could be interesting

Just looking through all the teams most seem to have a cloud of some sort hanging over them for next year. How many DEFINATES do we reckon will be running next year. I think this could be interesting

TROUBLE is, none of us know. Much will depend on the actual league(s) structure in 2018.

TROUBLE is, none of us know. Much will depend on the actual league(s) structure in 2018.

Well I, for one, hope they don't scrap the Championship or screw it over.

It is my preferred League.

I'm guessing obviously but I reckon just over half are definates for next year with the rest having a ? next to them. Most will proberly survive but it can't continue the way it is surely

• Like 1

Got to be honest I thought this was a good topic and would get some interesting comments and debates, oh well

Is it Mildenhall who have already announced their first signing for 2018...so I guess that unless the bailiffs come round to pick up on that court award that went against the club, the Fen Tigers will still be around next year.

Is it Mildenhall who have already announced their first signing for 2018...so I guess that unless the bailiffs come round to pick up on that court award that went against the club, the Fen Tigers will still be around next year.

I sincerely hope so.

The thought of that Court Judgement still angers me.

I sincerely hope so.

The thought of that Court Judgement still angers me.

Isn't there a complexity in regard to the court order? I think the present occupants of the venue Spedeworth Motorsport have absolution from the court order. This was, as I seem to recall, part of the deal when they moved there with the previous occupants of the venue continuing to be the victims of the court order.

For my part, I believe that to be the case - I cannot visualise an organisation like Spedeworth Motorsport taking over a venue and also the burden of the court order. Aside from that I have no idea what the complexities in regard to Mildenhall are. But I have read that Spedeworth Motorsport are already planning their 2018 actives at Mildenhall, and continue to be supportive of the activities of their speedway tenants.

Besides oval car racing and speedway, Mildenhall also hosts greyhound racing.

Edited by Guest

Workington very much in doubt , not helped by poor fixture planning, rider availability etc.

i think poor fixtiure planning for most clubs kills off supporters big style , we need it to be a WEEKLY thing and not as and when .

so yes , workington may be doubtful unless we run with 7 james sarjeant,s that will kill the crowd off ....

Far too early to say if X, Y or Z are definitely running - or not. Until the Powers That Be unveil their master plan for the revival of the sport in the UK ( again ) very, very few promoters can say definitely - "we are running in 2018". They have no idea yet, of what they might be putting a team together for or in what kind of league.

Edited by waytogo28
  • Like 2

Isn't there a complexity in regard to the court order? I think the present occupants of the venue Spedeworth Motorsport have absolution from the court order. This was, as I seem to recall, part of the deal when they moved there with the previous occupants of the venue continuing to be the victims of the court order.

For my part, I believe that to be the case - I cannot visualise an organisation like Spedeworth Motorsport taking over a venue and also the burden of the court order. Aside from that I have no idea what the complexities in regard to Mildenhall are. But I have read that Spedeworth Motorsport are already planning their 2018 actives at Mildenhall, and continue to be supportive of the activities of their speedway tenants.

Besides oval car racing and speedway, Mildenhall also hosts greyhound racing.

I don't see how the costs of the legal battle would be associated with the stadium, as opposed to the previous owners.