British Speedway Forum
bruno

How Many Definately Starters Next Year

Worrying times really as flicking through the tables i would say 50% of the teams per league have question marks hanging over the regarding their participation next year for various reasons and that is ignoring those teams who may compete but at a different level. Obviously i am keeping my fingers crossed but it will be an uncomfortable winter for many.

Taking into account owners/leagues and general knowledge of each team, looking at new season -

Premiership

Swindon - Stadium under threat? Should be a Starter

Wolves - Banker, Starter

Belle Vue - New promotion, Starter

Poole - Banker, Starter

Rye House - Under good promotion, Starter

Somerset - Solid club, Starter

Kings Lynn - Big announcement next week, Possible Championship/Non Starter?

Leicester - Promotion/Relegation possible? Is that still happening? Starter

Championship

Sheffield - Under good promotion team, Starter

Glasgow - Under good promotion team, Starter

Ipswich - Solid promotion team and sponsors, Starter

Edinburgh - Solid promotion team, Starter

Redcar - New'ish promoters, Starter

Newcastle - Didn't they sign a new lease for the stadium for another 5 years last season? Starter

Peterborough - If Ged is still happy to carry on, Starter

Workington - Sounds worrying, Possible Non-Starter

Scunthorpe - Again sounds worrying, attendances the issue? Possible Non-Starter

Berwick - New promotion team, Starter

By that, I'm guessing 3-4 teams are not guaranteed for next season... Worrying to see.

I'm sure they'll be plenty of twists and turns over the winter, and some of these may be in better/worse state than made aware of, but thought I'd give my opinion on it for what it's worth.

I do hope that this winter is positive and a proper plan can be set out by the BSPA for the next few seasons. Regular race nights that suit each club, a system to in-cooperate DU riders, a suitable rule for guests and a proper marketing plan to move Speedway into the 21st century. (I know, shoot my down, I'm hoping for miracles here!)

Edited by Bostonian

If they are going one leagues some of the bigger national league clubs may figure, Cook has recently stated that lakeside will look to move back up. I imagine Kent and Eastbourne possibly interested and able to step up too. With Horton implying bees may ride NL at a track share and the possibility of a Sprockets side too. But I think all the runners at NL will be tracking teams again in 2018.

If one big leauge and then the conference leauge teams, the top flight should be a maximun of 18(16 would be better(but 18 teams in top 2 divisions this season))

If one big leauge and then the conference leauge teams, the top flight should be a maximun of 18(16 would be better(but 18 teams in top 2 divisions this season))

Don't say that.

The Promoters will wreck the Championship if they do that. That may not bother you - but it would certainly bother Championship Supporters who are, by and large, fed up with the Premiership/Elite being kept going at our expense.

I doubt the National League would be that happy either.

Remember, Speedway, is as much as anything, about Supporters as well as Riders and Promoters and I believe it is a two way thing. Without the Riders and Promoters Speedway would not exist - but also without Supporters it would, in all probability, not exist either.

What I am saying is that Supporters, (those who pay for the Sport) need to be considered too.

Don't say that.

The Promoters will wreck the Championship if they do that. That may not bother you - but it would certainly bother Championship Supporters who are, by and large, fed up with the Premiership/Elite being kept going at our expense.

I doubt the National League would be that happy either.

Remember, Speedway, is as much as anything, about Supporters as well as Riders and Promoters and I believe it is a two way thing. Without the Riders and Promoters Speedway would not exist - but also without Supporters it would, in all probability, not exist either.

What I am saying is that Supporters, (those who pay for the Sport) need to be considered too.

So on that premise can you understand why no one would take your views over the Double Points rule seriously?

So on that premise can you understand why no one would take your views over the Double Points rule seriously?

Yes - I can actually see where some might say, he doesn't attend so what has any of this to do with him..

However, as a prospective and concerned Customer/Supporter - who would definitely return to the Sport - if Double Points was dropped, I am entitled to my views.

You do not have to agree with me, that is your prerogative, but I have my views and will express them.

Yes - I can actually see where some might say, he doesn't attend so what has any of this to do with him..

However, as a prospective and concerned Customer/Supporter - who would definitely return to the Sport - if Double Points was dropped, I am entitled to my views.

You do not have to agree with me, that is your prerogative, but I have my views and will express them.

But by your own definition they aren’t really credible, that’s fair. :t:

But by your own definition they aren’t really credible, that’s fair. :t:

They are not - hence my none attendance.

I am trying to make a principled stand - you and others think I am wrong - that's fine, I respect your view. I just ask you to respect mine. :t::)