British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Peterborough 02/09/17 7:00pm Champ

great coming from a glasgow fan , or are you .?

Deluded and desperate your talents continue to impress.

Maybe impress isn't the right word but deluded and desperate are

Nichols no longer guesting as Harris average has changed....

RR for Holder

Roynon guesting for BWD

Starke

Ully

Boxall guesting for Harris

Lambert

Bacon

62-28

RR for Holder

Roynon guesting for BWD

Starke

Ully

Lambert

Bacon

62-28

Is this for real

Guests are very sparse due to amount of teams riding. Club even asked for special dispensation to allow Nicholls to guest!

Guests are very sparse due to amount of teams riding. Club even asked for special dispensation to allow Nicholls to guest!

😂😂

There are eight weeks of the season left, for christs sake, why not wait until October when most riders should be available. Forget the play-offs, neither side is going to make them. Yes, you can ride until October 31st, even the the British Stupid Prats Association think everything ends in September.

I won't be going tonight now, I wouldn't even pay £10 for this

• Like 2

Maybe not Peterboroughs fault entirely but this does not help attract the crowds to Workington, once again Speedeay shoots itself in the foot.

• Like 1

Maybe not Peterboroughs fault entirely but this does not help attract the crowds to Workington, once again Speedeay shoots itself in the foot.

Especially when Thursday's message was:

"I hope I speak for us all, riders, management and supporters alike when I say we need a big push to motivate us on to enjoy the remainder of the season. Crowds, leaving in their droves does not help the situation at all. Ending the season on a negative note could be detrimental to decisions being made regarding next season."

Day of the meeting and no preview on the club website doesn't encourage the crowd does it?

• Like 3

Sad to say but speedway is like water going down the plug hole at the moment.

And it goes faster as the sink gets more empty.

• Like 1

RR for Holder

Roynon guesting for BWD

Starke

Ully

Lambert

Bacon

62-28

Thats pathetic,Peterborough should be fined for understrenghted team,this sport is a total joke nowadays ,

Thats pathetic,Peterborough should be fined for understrenghted team,this sport is a total joke nowadays ,

Sometimes i think it would be better all round if it was just put out of its misery as it stumbles from one balls up to the next.

Then when i look at tonight's fixture at Glasgow in front of a packed house , under the floodlights with two top teams it doesn't feel too bad until the next balls up that is.

• Like 2

"I hope I speak for us all, riders, management and supporters alike when I say we need a big push to motivate us on to enjoy the remainder of the season. Crowds, leaving in their droves does not help the situation at all. Ending the season on a negative note could be detrimental to decisions being made regarding next season."

Day of the meeting and no preview on the club website doesn't encourage the crowd does it?

I suspect that part of the reason for that is that they have no wish to boast about just how poor that Peterborough team is.

I was due to go today but for a couple reasons I can't now. Having seen that Panthers line up - and this is absolutely no fault of Workington's whatsoever - I am not unhappy about it.

Its extremely difficult to believe that they couldn't get someone better than Boxall, especially taking into account that he rode at Plymouth last night.

That sort of utter selfishness and the lack of concern about another club's fortunes is one of the principle reasons why speedway is on its knees.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

Sometimes i think it would be better all round if it was just put out of its misery as it stumbles from one balls up to the next.

Then when i look at tonight's fixture at Glasgow in front of a packed house , under the floodlights with two top teams it doesn't feel too bad until the next balls up that is.

The fixture list planning this season is absolute bonkers,a primary school kid must have been involved.
  • Like 1

I suspect that part of the reason for that is that they have no wish to boast about just how poor that Peterborough team is.

I was due to go today but for a couple reasons I can't now. Having seen that Panthers line up - and this is absolutely no fault of Workington's whatsoever - I am not unhappy about it.

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.3189