British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Peterborough 02/09/17 7:00pm Champ

Especially when Thursday's message was:

"I hope I speak for us all, riders, management and supporters alike when I say we need a big push to motivate us on to enjoy the remainder of the season. Crowds, leaving in their droves does not help the situation at all. Ending the season on a negative note could be detrimental to decisions being made regarding next season."

Day of the meeting and no preview on the club website doesn't encourage the crowd does it?

They have blamed everything and everyone as to why the terraces are empty...truth is they dropped Roynon , I undertstand that he was garbage, replace him with Sargeant , the worst signing ever to be made, had 2points to play with before averages changed earlier in season and bloody kept him !!! A Website that's been down months. Folk getting shouted down for having an opinion , as for jeering at Sargeant , he was bloody useless last week, don't tell me for one minute he's trying , he only completed 2 laps all night , then they wonder why people lose it , it's called frustration !!! For once they should have held their hands up and said "Hey we got it wrong " and now the same ending as the last 3 years ...we might not be running next season . Speedway is an expensive sport these days especially for a family but they are not going to come and watch a losing team at home , its that simple,

On another note , Peterborough may look weak on paper tonight but this speedway take nothing for granted , with Sargeant tootling round at the back, Lambert is very capable of riding the Workington Track, surprised Roynon is showing his face back at DP again after all the tripe on Facebook about his Testimonial

i can believe that this is the Peterborough team . although i will not be going due to family commitments .

you know when a club is in crisis when their website does not show teams for coming fixtures peterborough and dare i say it , workington . no info at all . looks like they are

hoping that fans from both teams will turn up , no matter what .i can see a crowd of 300 or even less to watch this lot .

if the team is correct , its a big welcome back to adam roynon . do your stuff adam . we know you can do it . show them what they are missing .

ged rathbone , a guy in meltdown now showing his true colours to all .

one really bad decision is costing peterborough fans their enjoyment from the sport .

will the riding order change for workington today , lets see . . but i wont hold my breath .

although the borrowers are weakened , i still see them getting 40 points or just a touch less .

god save the world of speedway , only he can and of course donald trump can put us all out of our misery ! ! !

if ged marrowbone had ANY backbone to him , he would have pushed the workington management for another day/date to run this meeting.

looks like ged cant wait to get finished this season . in ged we trust , as some p/borrow fans USED to say .

Edited by jenga

Nichols no longer guesting as Harris average has changed....

But Nicholls could still guest for Harris in the PL (if they weren't in the same team!) - crazy

Word I have is that that is absolutely untrue and that Michael Palm Toft is ready to load his van up as a guest for Wilson-Dean or Harris.

Despite the fact that that would undoubtedly make them stronger on track, they have chosen to include Roynon even though they are well aware of the acrimonious state of affairs between Roynon and the Workington promotion.

This could have serious consequences and, if so, that will be entirely down to Peterborough.

Word I have is that that is absolutely untrue and that Michael Palm Toft is ready to load his van up as a guest for Wilson-Dean or Harris.

Despite the fact that that would undoubtedly make them stronger on track, they have chosen to include Roynon even though they are well aware of the acrimonious state of affairs between Roynon and the Workington promotion.

This could have serious consequences and, if so, that will be entirely down to Peterborough.

I heard that MPT agreed to ride yesterday but 'Boro would prefer to bring Roynon, the whole thing smacks of immaturity and spite. Are 'Boro pursuing a scorched earth policy? Are Ged and Trevor just using Roynon to unnecessarily stir it up when Palmtoft is willing to travel today?

Edited by Byker Biker
  • Like 1

I heard that MPT agreed to ride yesterday but 'Boro would prefer to bring Roynon, the whole thing smacks of immaturity and spite. Are 'Boro pursuing a scorched earth policy? Are Ged and Trevor just using Roynon to unnecessarily stir it up when Palmtoft is willing to travel today?

Beyond criticism if that is true. Whatever the situation with Ged Rathbone and whether you agree with BSPA/SCB actions where he is concerned, to then deliberately sabotage another club's - and one which has only recently indicated their financial difficulties - chances of pulling in a paying attendance is both vicious and repugnant.

Whatever has happened n British speedway this season, for me this is a new low and, if it can be found that Peterborough are tracking a team that is weaker than that that would be available, they should be heavily fined.

• Like 5

i would say to p/borrow fans . , DONT GO TO HOME MEETINGS there will be another local team to support rather than this scumbag .

Why..what happened with Roynan and Workington then..other than he got dropped? To be fair Boxhall and Roynan are the kind of riders that I would be looking at for next season (at reserve)...should we still be running.

Why..what happened with Roynan and Workington then..other than he got dropped? To be fair Boxhall and Roynan are the kind of riders that I would be looking at for next season (at reserve)...should we still be running.

His departure wasn't exactly on good terms.

I trust that isn't an attempt to justify the selection of Boxall for Harris because it doesn't cut it at all.

• Like 1

You never know, this could turn into a very good meeting?? ;)

just been on the official peterborough panthers website and surprise ,surprise . guess who whon one of the draws at peterborough .v newcastle .?

yes , ged rathbone won £125.00 and no mention of putting it back into the funds .. well fixed ... you couldnt make it up ...

You never know, this could turn into a very good meeting?? ;)

if it turns into a good meeting , we are really cr4p .

• Like 1

just been on the official peterborough panthers website and surprise ,surprise . guess who whon one of the draws at peterborough .v newcastle .?

yes , ged rathbone won £125.00 and no mention of putting it back into the funds .. well fixed ... you couldnt make it up ...

if it turns into a good meeting , we are really cr4p .

lollol very nice

i can believe that this is the Peterborough team . although i will not be going due to family commitments .

you know when a club is in crisis when their website does not show teams for coming fixtures peterborough and dare i say it , workington . no info at all . looks like they are

hoping that fans from both teams will turn up , no matter what .i can see a crowd of 300 or even less to watch this lot .

if the team is correct , its a big welcome back to adam roynon . do your stuff adam . we know you can do it . show them what they are missing .

ged rathbone , a guy in meltdown now showing his true colours to all .

one really bad decision is costing peterborough fans their enjoyment from the sport .

will the riding order change for workington today , lets see . . but i wont hold my breath .

although the borrowers are weakened , i still see them getting 40 points or just a touch less .

god save the world of speedway , only he can and of course donald trump can put us all out of our misery ! ! !

if ged marrowbone had ANY backbone to him , he would have pushed the workington management for another day/date to run this meeting.

looks like ged cant wait to get finished this season . in ged we trust , as some p/borrow fans USED to say .

Your so full of rubbish , do yourself a favour and get a job at a sewerage farm .

Edited by New era Panthers