British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Somerset Rebels Vs Poole Pirates 01//09/17

Last fixture of the season for the Pirates at the Oak tree Arena tonight where Poole need a result to claim 4th spot for the playoffs.

The Rebels will want to finish thier first season in the Premiership with a win.

Poole will be without both Jack Holder and James Shanes.

Georgie Wood guesting for Shanes and r/r for Holder.

Thoughts?

Shame we don't have a full team, might cost us in the end. We really need Lahti to be on it again tonight as he'll probably be having 7 rides. Fingers crossed we can do it anyway.

with the form of hans brady and timo we must be in with a shout of what we need onward and upwards

Shame we don't have a full team, might cost us in the end. We really need Lahti to be on it again tonight as he'll probably be having 7 rides. Fingers crossed we can do it anyway.

shame for you

looks like somerset are going with 2 doubtfuls and r/r, mind you on saying that its more of a team than we have had most meetings lately

shame for you

looks like somerset are going with 2 doubtfuls and r/r, mind you on saying that its more of a team than we have had most meetings lately

Okay, i didn't realise Somerset don't have a full team either! That changes things. So who is r/r for?

The race for 4th will be over this evening.

Poole going to a patched up Somerset so should be able to pick up at least the 2 points they need to get 4th

If somehow they dont manage that then they will still be fine as Rye need to get something at home to a side that have won 17 on the trot and beat them by 16 points less than a month ago.

Surely Poole cant throw it away now?

Okay, i didn't realise Somerset don't have a full team either! That changes things. So who is r/r for?

r/r for heeps

and the doubtful Mr allen has pulled and kev doolan comes in as a guest

select side again

Going to be a very big ask for us to get anything out of tonight.

No Shanes and with respect Woods isn't goong to get near a point. No Holder which is the reason we could come up short. The Somerset team are very good around the oak tree and we could easily come away with nothing tonight. If that is the case Rye will take 4th imo.

Still, I will be there cheering on the Pirates. We have certainly improved quite dramatically since our mid season slump and if we get 4th will not be a walk over whoever we meet.

Somerset Rebels: Josh Grajczonek [c] (7.63), Richard Lawson (6.96), Patrick Hougaard (6.63), Charles Wright (6.53), Rider replacement for Cameron Heeps (5.49), Kevin Doolan, Lewis Kerr (5.17); Team Manager: Garry May

Poole Pirates: Brady Kurtz (8.41), Hans Andersen [c] (7.74), Edward Kennett (6.39), Rider replacement for Jack Holder (5.69), Paul Starke (5.29), Timo Lahti (4.44); Georgie Wood [g] (2.65) Team Manager: Neil Middleditch

No Shanes and with respect Woods isn't goong to get near a point. No Holder which is the reason we could come up short. The Somerset team are very good around the oak tree and we could easily come away with nothing tonight. If that is the case Rye will take 4th imo.

Still, I will be there cheering on the Pirates. We have certainly improved quite dramatically since our mid season slump and if we get 4th will not be a walk over whoever we meet.

Somerset Rebels: Josh Grajczonek [c] (7.63), Richard Lawson (6.96), Patrick Hougaard (6.63), Charles Wright (6.53), Rider replacement for Cameron Heeps (5.49), Kevin Doolan, Lewis Kerr (5.17); Team Manager: Garry May

Poole Pirates: Brady Kurtz (8.41), Hans Andersen [c] (7.74), Edward Kennett (6.39), Rider replacement for Jack Holder (5.69), Paul Starke (5.29), Timo Lahti (4.44); Georgie Wood [g] (2.65) Team Manager: Neil Middleditch

lol

yet ANOTHER post playing down Pooles chances of actually getting anything out of a meeting.........isnt it about time you tried another tactic?? Have a little look on the Swindon thread where everyone is having a moan or taking the mickey out of you, its great reading to be honest.

So on this meeting tonight where in your world Poole will be lucky to get anything:

R/R for Heeps clearly weakens Somerset

Doolan in for Allen clearly weakens Somerset (5 rides, 0 points last night at Redcar)

You have R/R for Holder who only got 5 last time and isnt exactly in form right now. With a flying Lahti, r/r strengthens you if anything.

And yes Woods isnt as good as Shanes.................but he only scored 1 last time so even if Woods gets 0 not a great loss.

So obvious to the normal speedway fan that the changes tonight favor Poole more.

Oh and Rye have to ride against a team who have won 17 on the trot and thumped them by 16 less than a month ago........!

So as it has always been that 4th is in Pooles hands.................

Tough meeting Lahti 7 rides which judging on last night is a big bonus although he may be knackered! Somerset is not a bad team and all their riders go well at their track although Hougaard isn't at his best at the moment. Missing Jack Holder may not hurt us too much and all our riders should go well too but to win the meeting may be beyond us.

Tough meeting Lahti 7 rides which judging on last night is a big bonus although he may be knackered! Somerset is not a bad team and all their riders go well at their track although Hougaard isn't at his best at the moment. Missing Jack Holder may not hurt us too much and all our riders should go well too but to win the meeting may be beyond us.

nice to see a well thought out reply unlike others that post tripe lol

Exactly as I said, though I think we will miss Jack. We are asking a lot of Lahti and as we have both said Somerset are a good team on their own patch. Starke is clr\early struggly and his pairing with Eddie is a big worry.

Agree the meeting will possibly be beyond us. We need the win as I expect Rye House to win their remaining meetings.

Exactly as I said, though I think we will miss Jack. We are asking a lot of Lahti and as we have both said Somerset are a good team on their own patch. Starke is clr\early struggly and his pairing with Eddie is a big worry.

Agree the meeting will possibly be beyond us. We need the win as I expect Rye House to win their remaining meetings.

Why is it beyond you??

Somerset are far weaker than Poole with riders missing.............Holder and Shanes managed 6 between them last time.

Rye are taking on Swindon......you know the team that havent lost in 17 matches yet you believe Rye are nailed on to beat them!

Why do you always play down Pooles chances when everyone else can clearly see what you do?

Edited by Gavan

The race for 4th will be over this evening.

Poole going to a patched up Somerset so should be able to pick up at least the 2 points they need to get 4th

If somehow they dont manage that then they will still be fine as Rye need to get something at home to a side that have won 17 on the trot and beat them by 16 points less than a month ago.

Surely Poole cant throw it away now?

I think Poole need 3 pts to be mathematically certain of 4th place!

Popped on the forum to see what was going on...completely forgot about this fixture.

I started the season enthusiastically...but as it's progressed, have become seriously underwhelmed.

Have witnessed some fine racing on occasion, but the whole situation of doubling up, RR's, Guests, so many riders missing, so many injuries, rain offs etc have pretty much killed it for me.

Probably my least enjoyable season of watching racing since starting to watch the Rebels.

Good luck to Swindon....hope they win the league title. They deserve it.

Just a shame the whole season has been blighted by what it seems like, watching the same old riders over and over again.

I'll make a decision about 2pm as to whether to bother or not. At least there are 6 extra races tonight with a small Junior Individual meeting.

• Like 1