British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Somerset Rebels Vs Poole Pirates 01//09/17

Morning Gavan.

You was quiet last night.

You give it large when Poole lose and when Poole win you click the sign out button.

You can't say anything about me and Shovlar.

Remember this.

You said Middlo is like Wenger (He isn't a good manager). You said Middlo has only been this successful because of the teams we've had down the years.

The team this year were down and out and if it was a boxing match we would've lost by TKO. But Matt and Middlo motivated the team and we managed to get 4th. Our No.1 threw a strop from the get go this year and yet we still made the play-offs.

The last few nights proves how great Matt and Middlo are. Neither of them let our riders heads drop. MF sent a rocket up there backsides and the riders responded all 7 of them. Any other promoter wouldn't have done that. They would've just sat there and remained quiet no matter how bad it got.

Now we are dangerous. Yes we have the weakest team on paper but we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Personally I think we've got a great chance against Swindon.

Cant see past Wolves for the title though.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic
  • Like 1

I think that Swindon will be quite happy with the results last night.

Find me the post where i said Swindon would win......you wont.

I said Rye were not the certainties that you said they were....how could they be against a team that had won 17 in a row..

Its not about reacting..i get on well with a majority of Poole fans on here. Why you feel the need to troll about meetings i have no idea, you always put up a different opinion to everyone else just to get reactions...you surely cant believe everything you write. I dont think your an idiot , i believe you are intellectual unlike Starman and Gater1. So it would be nice if for once you simply just didnt troll for reactions.

I dont do stress, i was in a coma for 3 weeks back in November 2013 after contracting strep a pneumonia, via tonsilitis from my youngest daughter. My wife was called up to say goodbye twice in those 3 weeks. It was also the time when my work colleagues (who once they knew i was getting better) changed my avatar to Lily Savage and posted a thread about speedway needing more corners! I live each day now and am thankful for it. A speedway forum certainly does not make me stressed

But you did say because Swindon won at Rye before and they were on a unbeaten run, they were clear favourites to win.

Also we scraped a win last night, Josh G had bike problems in heat 15, if he hadn't we most likely wouldn't have won and you intimated the win for Poole was nailed on.

In normal circumstances I would think Swindon may well have picked Belle Vue (ie a track that pleases JD) but with the Robins meeting the Aces twice in the KO cup on 13th and 14th September, I can't see that happening!

I expect Rosco to pick Poole and as others have said - its all to play for with Poole simply happy to be in the play-offs!! ;-) ;-)

• Like 2

In normal circumstances I would think Swindon may well have picked Belle Vue (ie a track that pleases JD) but with the Robins meeting the Aces twice in the KO cup on 13th and 14th September, I can't see that happening!

I expect Rosco to pick Poole and as others have said - its all to play for with Poole simply happy to be in the play-offs!! ;-) ;-)

Do you think we will play on the 11th or 18th? I suspect we will be at home for the first leg.

Edited by foreverblue

Whilst not specifically written in the rules, it's generally accepted that a rider isn't excluded for causing his team mate to fall. Where two team mates come together and one falls, it is always the fallen rider who is excluded.

Whilst there is no mention of this particular situation in any of the rules, those relating to exclusions state that 'The referee shall disqualify the rider, who in his/her opinion is the primary cause of the stoppage, has indulged in foul, unfair, dangerous or reckless conduct that’s jeopardised the fair chance of an opponent.'

​The pertinent part of that rule are the final seven words (underlined above), so as the riders in this situation are team mates, the so called guilty rider, can't be excluded, and he has not jeopardised the fair chance of an opponent, therefore the primary cause of the stoppage is the fallen rider, and not the team mate who may have caused him to fall.

I have never yet seen a rider excluded for knocking off his team mate, but I've seen plenty of 'fallen team mates' excluded, in fact every time.

well I take it you don't get out much then :neutral:

as ive seen plenty of riders excluded for taking there team mate off :t:

• Like 1

Gavan, you're the only troll on here. I've never known a non-Poole fan come on Poole threads so much!!

that`s the biggest load of tosh I have read in a long time- you should have put " primary cause of the stoppage" in bold - because team mate or not has nothing whatsoever to do with it !!!! You have a short memory as the Riss exclusion when Przedpelski went through the fence was exactly the situation you have never seen.- Next time you are able to talk to a referee - just ask him or her.

I'll take that from you R&R, as I respect your opinion, and know you speak from a position of vast speedway knowledge.

In my defence, I have to say that is the way I have always interpreted that rule, and in the past when I have asked for clarification, that's how it was explained to me.

You are correct in assuming that I didn't see the Riss incident, as I wasn't there, and haven't read the reports from those that were. Put that alongside the fact that I truly have never seen a rider excluded for knocking of his team mate, having seen many such incidents, where the fallen team mate was excluded, and that is where my posting came from.

Unlike some on here, I have no problems with being put right, as we all have holes in our knowledge to fill, and yes I will seek the chance to speak to a referee for their take.

Thank you for your reply.

Edited by womble53
  • Like 3

Do you think we will play on the 11th or 18th? I suspect we will be at home for the first leg.

I very much suspect we will be

Morning Gavan.

You was quiet last night.

You give it large when Poole lose and when Poole win you click the sign out button.

You can't say anything about me and Shovlar.

Remember this.

You said Middlo is like Wenger (He isn't a good manager). You said Middlo has only been this successful because of the teams we've had down the years.

The team this year were down and out and if it was a boxing match we would've lost by TKO. But Matt and Middlo motivated the team and we managed to get 4th. Our No.1 threw a strop from the get go this year and yet we still made the play-offs.

The last few nights proves how great Matt and Middlo are. Neither of them let our riders heads drop. MF sent a rocket up there backsides and the riders responded all 7 of them. Any other promoter wouldn't have done that. They would've just sat there and remained quiet no matter how bad it got.

Now we are dangerous. Yes we have the weakest team on paper but we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Personally I think we've got a great chance against Swindon.

Cant see past Wolves for the title though.

If we stay free of injury no team will want us.

Shame, on me olidays in Poole on the 18th.

Shame, on me olidays in Poole on the 18th.

You will either have to find a tv or if really desperate get a seat on the Poole coach or on the back of Starmans bike.

• Like 1

You will either have to find a tv or if really desperate get a seat on the Poole coach or on the back of Starmans bike.

I dont have a bike Alexander.

Erm yes they will.

All 3 teams in the play offs would pick Poole as first choice.

Erm yes they will.

All 3 teams in the play offs would pick Poole as first choice.

I agree with Gavin. Why would you not want us? They have all either won or been within 2 points at Wimborne road!

Yes, we have nothing to lose and will have a large home crowd but no way are we the team to avoid! The only person who worries me is Starke, if he gets some rest more than anything else he hopefully will be fine. Shanes will hopefully be the trump card is probs the best of the number 7 and Swindons choice of guest at 7 will be interesting. Could make a big difference!

Except Swindon who will pick you meaning that they do want you