British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Somerset Rebels Vs Poole Pirates 01//09/17

But why bother?? If you don't like something normally you just ignore it, don't look at it or pay any interest in it. Every poole thread I ever look at, goes exactly the same way.

• Like 2

Popped on the forum to see what was going on...completely forgot about this fixture.

I started the season enthusiastically...but as it's progressed, have become seriously underwhelmed.

Have witnessed some fine racing on occasion, but the whole situation of doubling up, RR's, Guests, so many riders missing, so many injuries, rain offs etc have pretty much killed it for me.

Probably my least enjoyable season of watching racing since starting to watch the Rebels.

Good luck to Swindon....hope they win the league title. They deserve it.

Just a shame the whole season has been blighted by what it seems like, watching the same old riders over and over again.

I'll make a decision about 2pm as to whether to bother or not. At least there are 6 extra races tonight with a small Junior Individual meeting.

Have to agree with you, unsure whether I am going to bother tonight. I have missed more home fixtures this season and to be honest I am completely losing interest.

• Like 1

Jack Holders last 3 meetings at Somerset:

5 points

11 points (only one win and a double pointer in that score)

4 points.

Thats an average of 6.66 a meeting not exactly flys around there.

Paul Starke rode for Somerset

Kennett last season scored 14 (from 4 rides inc. 6 pointer) and 11+2 (5 rides)

So hardly think they are weaker than Holder around Somerset.

You think that Kerr and Doolan would score better than Heeps? Strange.

Is Shanes a better rider than Doolan? Not around Somerset for sure! Shanes 1 point last time and Doolan 8+1 from Number One.

You are one of only 2 people on here who think Poole are worse off than Somerset.........just waiting for the third member of the trio to turn up!

You are using scores from a previous season or season's. When the 2nd tier was called the Premier League.

Paul Starke also got sacked from Somerset because he couldn't cut it in the 1-5. FACT! Paul Starke guested at Somerset last week and didn't do anything. FACT!

Ed Kennett got sacked from Rye House because he had a 3.00 away average. FACT!

Why are you saying Kerr and Doolan. Don't forget about Wright. Heeps has a home average of (Excluding BP's 6.24) or (Including BP's 7.68).

Wright's home average (Excluding BP's 7.38) or (Including BP's 7.92). Kerr is on fire and he can also take 2 R/R rides. Somerset aren't weakened at all.

Regarding Doolan. Once again you are using scores from last year or years gone by. Get up to date Gavan.

Doolan scored nothing last night when guesting for your lot.

You hate Poole and that's that. You base your entire life around Poole and you need to get out more or maybe you should seek professional help from somebody.

You are using scores from a previous season or season's. When the 2nd tier was called the Premier League.

Paul Starke also got sacked from Somerset because he couldn't cut it in the 1-5. FACT! Paul Starke guested at Somerset last week and didn't do anything. FACT!

Ed Kennett got sacked from Rye House because he had a 3.00 away average. FACT!

Why are you saying Kerr and Doolan. Don't forget about Wright. Heeps has a home average of (Excluding BP's 6.24) or (Including BP's 7.68).

Wright's home average (Excluding BP's 7.38) or (Including BP's 7.92). Kerr is on fire and he can also take 2 R/R rides. Somerset aren't weakened at all.

Regarding Doolan. Once again you are using scores from last year or years gone by. Get up to date Gavan.

Doolan scored nothing last night when guesting for your lot.

You hate Poole and that's that. You base your entire life around Poole and you need to get out more or maybe you should seek professional help from somebody.

oops touched a nerve

Find me somebody on this thread (apart from Shovlar) who feel that Somerset are stronger than Poole tonight

Doolan will score less than Allen (which you proved by saying he got zero last night).

Doolan is still a better rider than James Shanes...........impossible i know but if Doolan was your number 7 not Shanes his average would be much higher.

Heeps regularly gets 7-8 points at home....if r/r beats that then you have a point.

As ive said please find me a non biased poster who thinks Somerset are favorites

Edited by Gavan

oops touched a nerve

Find me somebody on this thread (apart from Shovlar) who feel that Somerset are stronger than Poole tonight

Doolan will score less than Allen (which you proved by saying he got zero last night).

Doolan is still a better rider than James Shanes...........impossible i know but if Doolan was your number 7 not Shanes his average would be much higher.

Heeps regularly gets 7-8 points at home....if r/r beats that then you have a point.

As ive said please find me a non biased poster who thinks Somerset are favorites

Bet 365 do - Poole are +4 on the handicap

Bet 365 do - Poole are +4 on the handicap

As with all betting firms probably think its a full 1-7 and no idea what the teams are.

Worth a punt

Popped on the forum to see what was going on...completely forgot about this fixture.

I started the season enthusiastically...but as it's progressed, have become seriously underwhelmed.

Have witnessed some fine racing on occasion, but the whole situation of doubling up, RR's, Guests, so many riders missing, so many injuries, rain offs etc have pretty much killed it for me.

Probably my least enjoyable season of watching racing since starting to watch the Rebels.

Good luck to Swindon....hope they win the league title. They deserve it.

Just a shame the whole season has been blighted by what it seems like, watching the same old riders over and over again.

I'll make a decision about 2pm as to whether to bother or not. At least there are 6 extra races tonight with a small Junior Individual meeting.

seems im not the only one who has been very disheartened by the goings on this season. very disappointed with the so called step up and the promise by the promotion of seeing top top riders week in and week out.

and lets face it we have seen possibly 3 and that is ment to no offence to anyone who jumps on a bike and stays on for 4 laps

the only thing I can see has come out of this season has been the price hike on everything, and yet getting as good as the same product we have had for years

got to the stage where I pick my meetings to attend, as I don't really think I miss it when the season has finished and that will be a first for me

• Like 1

As with all betting firms probably think its a full 1-7 and no idea what the teams are.

Worth a punt

I have to take that bet especially with Lahti at reserve.

Nothing against Poole (well as a Bees fan, I do, but that aside) I hope they don't get the necessary 3 points tonight to be certain of 4th place. It will add extra spice to the remaining fixtures.

oops touched a nerve

ME.Go away leave our thread alone. Troll

Edited by Starman2006

I do not mind if Poole win because if it gets them in 4th place in the playoffs they will be cannon fodder, whereas Rye could be more of a problem.