British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Perton Wolf

Jason Doyle

History says that when a senior rider says "Do XYZ or I won't race in Britain", the promoters don't respond favourably.

Perhaps a diplomatically composed private letter would have been more appropriate. He could always publish it later.

I'm pleased for Jason that he is in a position to now pick and choose who he rides with and in which country.

• Like 1

Totally agree,fixed race nights Monday and Thursday if that's what they agree on.And again i'm like you and want a home match every week.Fans get into a routine,once that is broken many don't bother.

Do you reckon Doyle could trust himself if he could ride against himself :shock:

I've noticed one common theme lately,the Aussies don't half whinge a lot.

I almost put this in my original post - despite some valid points, it is a recurring theme!

• Like 1

If they dont go to Monday and Thursday next year, I wont be riding in Britain its as simple as that

I tell you what, we'll run on Wednesday and Friday Edited by False dawn
  • Like 1

Though in 2016 his title chance was blown by a rider who shouldn't have been in the Grand Prix's as he wasn't good enough!

Any rider that's in the GP these days are good enough. :neutral:

He has a point. The whole thing needs to be sorted out. Can't see Wednesday or Friday due to Denmark and GP practice!

Monday and Thursday= one week you are home on a Wed and away on Monday and then Vice Versa next week! Simple just needs someone to sit down and plan it. Starting to look like it's going to happen!

If 3 teams have said they want fixed night and one being a Monday Wolves will also join as will BV.

Though in 2016 his title chance was blown by a rider who shouldn't have been in the Grand Prix's as he wasn't good enough!

Funny that no one asks why Jason was behind "This rider that shouldn't have been in the Grand Prix's".

Can't see Wednesday or Friday due to Denmark and GP practice!

I think you missed the sarcasm smiley (btw it's invisible) :P
  • Like 1

Mr Doyle seems to have ignored the fact that young riders do not ride in Sweden and Poland and therefore have to get their experience and perhaps more importantly money in the UK. Fixed nights might well suit the top riders but surely they would limit the number of meetings young riders could participate in. Especially if fixed nights result in some clubs closing or going NL standard.

Still I doubt he's worried about that now.

• Like 3

Mr Doyle seems to have ignored the fact that young riders do not ride in Sweden and Poland and therefore have to get their experience and perhaps more importantly money in the UK. Fixed nights might well suit the top riders but surely they would limit the number of meetings young riders could participate in. Especially if fixed nights result in some clubs closing or going NL standard.

How do you work that out? Fixed race nights would allow younger riders to double-up without the clashes experienced today - therefore riding in more meetings, not fewer?

Exactly SL...

When coming up through the ranks the likes of Doyle would want to race EVERY night to improve...

When they then reach World Class their priorities (naturally) will change...

Time for Britain to realize it cannot compete with Poland, therefore will always be an 'after thought' for the really top riders and go it alone...

If the top lads want to come on board under British Speedways terms then great. If they don't, so be it...

Exactly SL...

When coming up through the ranks the likes of Doyle would want to race EVERY night to improve...

When they then reach World Class their priorities (naturally) will change...

Time for Britain to realize it cannot compete with Poland, therefore will always be an 'after thought' for the really top riders and go it alone...

If the top lads want to come on board under British Speedways terms then great. If they don't, so be it...

So we should continue with the complete and utter shambles of this season where there are not enough riders to sustain two leagues of largely similar standard without most of them riding in both leagues and countless fixture clashes where teams from both leagues have to resort guests to fill unavailable rider's slots? Just because a top foreign rider has suggested that it would be probably be a better idea for the leagues to have separate race nights, allowing the doubling up to continue without fixture clashes.

Classic speedway fan logic. Always blaming the tip of the iceberg, ignoring everything that has led to that point.

• Like 2

Sorry but dont the fans come first.Im one of a number of floating fans,when i can get time off work ill see what matches are on that day,and if i think it will be A GOOD RACE MEETING,i will go.How the hell are we going to race with the pool of riders we have at the moment with double uppers etc.Its a farce now but what will it be like with everyone scrambling for riders on the same night?!!.Im sorry but Jason gets a good leaving out of the sport,hes down very well over the last couple of years mainly going from a second string to a world class rider. Only race experience got him there,but now he wants to change the system for himself.Sorry hes bang out of order with his comments.

• Like 1

Who exactly are these dangerous riders that are causing accidents every night of the week?

Way more accidents, injuries and deaths occur on Polish tracks as all the riders are riding like nutters chasing the big money they get promised and occasionally paid.

• Like 6

Sorry but dont the fans come first.Im one of a number of floating fans,when i can get time off work ill see what matches are on that day,and if i think it will be A GOOD RACE MEETING,i will go.How the hell are we going to race with the pool of riders we have at the moment with double uppers etc.Its a farce now but what will it be like with everyone scrambling for riders on the same night?!!.Im sorry but Jason gets a good leaving out of the sport,hes down very well over the last couple of years mainly going from a second string to a world class rider. Only race experience got him there,but now he wants to change the system for himself.Sorry hes bang out of order with his comments.

The whole point of fixed race nights is that fewer riders are missing due to doubling-up and other race commitments. Of course, there will be always be injuries, but this will be a much smaller volumes than we have today.

• Like 2

Assuming there will be tv coverage next season,if all teams ride on the same night do you think fans would stay at home and watch the tv meeting instead of going to their local track?, I can't see many negatives other than that and in my opinion it should have been done before, no team struggles to ride on Mondays when the BT cameras are there

Still we are brought back to the question of what happens to Sheffield, Ipswich and Redcar. They either have to join the top flight, or discard long established race nights and destroy their business.

The Championship must be in danger of collapse as it is what with Peterborough's self inflicted woes, Scunthorpe and Worky fighting for their lives and ownership issues at another club.

• Like 1