British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Perton Wolf

Jason Doyle

Cant see Mondays being a set night.

Will the top boys do Poland, England, Sweden, Denmark in that order.

Then will they want to do Thursdays over her just before gp weekends?

Face facts the UK league is bottom of the riders agenda and will always stay that way.

Only Cook and possibly Lindgren will be here next season.................oh and Magic lol

Who exactly are these dangerous riders that are causing accidents every night of the week?

Way more accidents, injuries and deaths occur on Polish tracks as all the riders are riding like nutters chasing the big money they get promised and occasionally paid.

The disparity in talent is a thing – this was openly acknowledged in recent years with an altered race format. It is a problem when riders are competing with others who are better than them, I don’t see why that particular statement is such an issue – there is validity in it.

This would only become a greater issue in a league where riders don’t have the chance to double up/down and have little chance of income against riders who are not just a bit better than them, but in a theoretical one league system, far greater.

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

The disparity in talent is a thing this was openly acknowledged in recent years with an altered race format. It is a problem when riders are competing with others who are better than them, I dont see why that particular statement is such an issue there is validity in it.

This would only become a greater issue in a league where riders dont have the chance to double up/down and have little chance of income against riders who are not just a bit better than them, but in a theoretical one league system, far greater.

I don't think disparity of talent causes incidents. Doyle is unlikely to get injured by a Greaves or a Smith because they will never be anywhere near him on the track except at the start line.

British Speedway has always had this disparity. Wayne Broadhurst was never a threat to the health of Hans Nielsen 30 years ago.

We've never had the strength in our teams that Poles and Swedes have now, mainly because when the BL was in its prime there were three times the number of clubs they have in those leagues now I guess.

• Like 2

I don't think disparity of talent causes incidents. Doyle is unlikely to get injured by a Greaves or a Smith because they will never be anywhere near him on the track except at the start line.

British Speedway has always had this disparity. Wayne Broadhurst was never a threat to the health of Hans Nielsen 30 years ago.

We've never had the strength in our teams that Poles and Swedes have now, mainly because when the BL was in its prime there were three times the number of clubs they have in those leagues now I guess.

On occasion it does, riders do override – while Doyle as an example is indefinitely better than those riders you mention it doesn’t mean he doesn’t ever at any stage of a season encounter them, and on occasion encounter them overriding and desperate on what he feels are poorly prepared tracks….I can see why that would be a cause for concern to be honest.

On occasion it does, riders do override while Doyle as an example is indefinitely better than those riders you mention it doesnt mean he doesnt ever at any stage of a season encounter them, and on occasion encounter them overriding and desperate on what he feels are poorly prepared tracks.I can see why that would be a cause for concern to be honest.

I'm obviously failing to see the point. Can't remember any recent examples of a junior overriding and injuring a superstar, except in Poland.

Also, Doyle has been one of the most dangerous riders out there in recent years, so it just seems a bit rich.

• Like 4

Imagine this.

Fixed Premiership race nights (Monday and Thursday) with no Championship fixtures taking place on those nights.

Each team meets each other once at home and once away instead of twice at home and twice away to try and tempt some big name riders back to the UK.

Scrap Cup fixtures as well.

I'm obviously failing to see the point. Can't remember any recent examples of a junior overriding and injuring a superstar, except in Poland.

Also, Doyle has been one of the most dangerous riders out there in recent years, so it just seems a bit rich.

I don’t think it has to correlate to “injury” – it is possible the better riders take evasive action as a result of the talents of lesser riders.

Imagine this.

Fixed Premiership race nights (Monday and Thursday) with no Championship fixtures taking place on those nights.

Each team meets each other once at home and once away instead of twice at home and twice away to try and tempt some big name riders back to the UK.

The only way to tempt big name riders back is £££££s.Which is what our clubs don't have.

Doyle still does override himself a bit.Like he did at Lynn a month or so ago.He nearly fenced Jorgensen but ended up burying himself in the fence.That was so close to what could have been a bad accident for Jorgensen.Maybe because Doyle was getting beat by a lesser rider he felt he had to override himself.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/6036/

The article speaks for itself but basically he's not riding here next year if we don't move to Monday and Thursday set nights apparently. Not sure if he is on a VISA or anything, maybe one of the Swindon fans know?

Also calls British Speedway a lot more dangerous than Polish Speedway because the standard is dropping. But I was wondering how many deaths and really serious injuries there has been in Poland in comparison to GB? I'd guess that there has been more in the former rather than the latter.

Then goes on to criticise how poorly tracks are prepared in Britain compared to Sweden and Poland.

Raises some valid points to be fair, Buster Chapman in particular should be singled out for the farce he has overseen at Kings Lynn this season which has badly damaged the reputation of British Speedway. The sport needs new direction and a new person to lead it (a CEO type figure)

I suggest he doesn't race here then!

• Like 2

The only way to tempt big name riders back is £££££s.Which is what our clubs don't have.

Doyle still does override himself a bit.Like he did at Lynn a month or so ago.He nearly fenced Jorgensen but ended up burying himself in the fence.That was so close to what could have been a bad accident for Jorgensen.Maybe because Doyle was getting beat by a lesser rider he felt he had to override himself.

But if their was less fixtures then promoters wouldn't be paying as much on rider wages.

Imagine this.

Brilliant. 7 whole home fixtures to get your teeth into.

Wouldn't that be amazing for the people that actually go to meetings?

• Like 2

Imagine this.

7 home meetings a season with 8 teams in the league what we going to do for rest of the summer then ?
  • Like 1

Imagine this.

and exactly how do you suggest clubs pay the rent for the weeks when they don't have a meeting. Landlords will not be happy to rent the stadia for a mere 7 or 8 weeks a year. But hey ho the top name riders will be happy so sod all the clubs that can't bow down to their demands.

• Like 2

7 home meetings a season with 8 teams in the league what we going to do for rest of the summer then ?

Get wet and cold somewhere else.

• Like 1

Brilliant. 7 whole home fixtures to get your teeth into.

Wouldn't that be amazing for the people that actually go to meetings?

you beat me to it