British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Polish Licencing Rules

An interesting text written by the former Poole rider, Krzysztof Cegielski, appeared in sportowefakty.pl

Below is my translation of it

From the new season, the contract signing rates and the point scoring rates in the Polish 2nd and 3rd speedway leagues have been lowered.

So far, the riders competing in the Polish 2nd tier of competition could get a maximum of 80 thousand zlotys (around £17’500.00) just for signing a contract. From the new season this amount will decrease to 60 thousand (around £13K). Instead of 1200 zł (£260) per point, there will be 1100 zł £240). Riders competing in the lowest (3rd ) league will also be affected because the signature under the contract will earn no longer 25 thousand zl (£5.500), but 20 thousand zlotys (£4.350). All this was confirmed at the last meeting by the club’s chairmen, which took place in Grudziądz. Scandal? No. Reason for a strong reaction? also no..

Just a few years ago, I was so excited about this kind of topic. With time, emotions regarding this subject have dropped. I just know that these new decisions are just written records, and the reality is most often different altogether.

We are coming to the point where speedway ( in Poland) for lower division riders does not pay enough for living. The “interesting” thing is that clubs - in a sense - created a problem for themselves. I am convinced that the club’s CEOs are setting up something, then go home, and later some of them will propose to riders something completely different, i.e. better conditions.

I also know exactly why the CEOs are creating such a problem. Each reduction in official quotes is a security for them. All funds that go beyond the contract are not subject to the licensing process. Written rules are just written rules and what the riders earnings are going to be will be decided by the rules of the free market.

Nothing will stop this, because in every club there are and always were ways to bypass the rules. Earnings are made up by the sponsor’s payment, and a man who directly manages the whole business.

Cheating on each other will continue. Unfortunately, we will still continue to strive for pathology and pretend that we (in Poland) have a genuine licensing process. There is nothing to stop it. Such a mechanism was invented by the governors, and the riders are agreeing with this. The arguments on this matter have long since ceased to make sense.

• Like 1