British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick V Newcastle 02/09/2017 @ 7pm

Tomorrow night sees our nearest and dearest pay us a visit, sadly they will be without their top man who is away racing in the World Under-21 Team Championship. Ricky Wells comes into guest while news is awaited on Berwick`s guest to cover Lee Payne, teams as follows.

Berwick

1 Nick Morris

2 R/R

3 Jye Etheridge

4 Kevin Doolan

5 David Howe

6 Danny Gappmaier

Newcastle

1 Ricky Wells

2 Ashley Morris

3 Stuart Robson

4 Ludvig Lindgren

5 Steve Worrall

6 Ben Hopwood

7 Alfie Bowtell

Edited by screm

This has all the makings of another close match, Berwick are probably in their best form of the season, while Newcastle have three heat leaders who all go very well around Shielfield. Pity that Robert Lambert is missing, but Ricky Wells is an able guest. Stuart Robson could be the key for me, he always scores well up here. Forecast is good, hopefully a bit more dirt on the track this week and a good travelling support to make an atmosphere.

And don't forget after the main meeting, there is a NJL meeting second half between the Border Raiders and the Gems.

Will the Gems get their first win at Berwick, be there to see it.

Can anyone confirm who is taking the No7 position for Berwick, official site says they intend using Jack Parkinson Blackburn but are waiting on an injury update as Jack fell in a meeting in Prague during the week, update site has the No7 position as TBC.

well done bandits now stuff them at rough park the morn mmmmmmm very nice

Is that supposed to be English!!!!

well done bandits now stuff them at rough park the morn mmmmmmm very nice

Newcastle are racing Redcar tomorrow night #oops

Decent meeting and a good result for Berwick. Four wins in a row, things coming together, just too late in the season. Thought it would have been a bit closer, I expected bigger scores from Steve Worrall and Stuart Robson. Racing was better than last week, the track was still quite slick, but it's been baking hot here today and they have to work around the football.

Good crowd tonight, a few visitors always helps. Cracking to see all the riders in the crowd after the meeting posing for photos and signing autographs. Great to see with all the kids. Also good to see al the crowd staying behind to watch the NJL meeting. Luke Harrison has a great style for such a young lad.

Bandits still unbeaten at home since I moved up here 😉

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

This has all the makings of another close match, Berwick are probably in their best form of the season, while Newcastle have three heat leaders who all go very well around Shielfield. Pity that Robert Lambert is missing, but Ricky Wells is an able guest. Stuart Robson could be the key for me, he always scores well up here. Forecast is good, hopefully a bit more dirt on the track this week and a good travelling support to make an atmosphere.

I think the ref was trying to add to the atmosphere by warning Nick in heat 15 (terrible decision). :drink:

I wasn't quite sure how last nights meeting was going to go , I'd expected a stiffer challenge from The Diamonds. Having Kelsey at reserve instead of JPB didn't really affect us that much as the performance of both Hopwood & Bowtell cancelled him out . Robbo has had better nights at Shielfield guess his recent busy schedule might have caught up with both man and machine and it took Steve Worrall to ht 15 before he picked up a win . Ricky Wells picked some early practice for next Saturday night and will be looking to continue in a similar vein. For Berwick it was another good solid performance with everyone except Jye picking up a win , hopefully we can continue next weekend, but there's a tough looking visit to Foxhall Heath to come first.