British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Sheffield Tigers Cl Sat 2nd Sept 2017 @7pm

From Simon Stead on Sheffield Tigers Twitter this morning:-

If the transfer window was still open I'd be dusting my kevlars off for tonight! 3 riders out & no available riders wanting a guest booking.

• Like 1

Well, "new J Corbyn Fan", you've given wrong information, at least not entirely accurate.

Here's the correct info:

Worrall 9.13 ave (Home 9.60, Away 8.68)

Lawson 9.06 ave (Home 10.38, Away 7.68)

Summers 8.96 ave (Home 9.89, away 8.07)

3 nine point average riders and you're complaining.

"Very disappointing" my a"se!!!

Incidentally, away averages are usually that bit less than a riders overall average, and conversely the home average tends to be that bit higher than the overall average. That's just how speedway works. So for a nine point ave rider to have an away average of around 8 is.... normal!!

While not disagreeing with your facts and figures averages are not all there cracked up to be,what I would say is Lawson and Summers to an extent are " going missing "in the important races at the end of meetings away from home.averages told tell the effort put in by a rider lMO.

From Simon Stead on Sheffield Tigers Twitter this morning:-

If the transfer window was still open I'd be dusting my kevlars off for tonight! 3 riders out & no available riders wanting a guest booking.

We also have 2 missing nothing you can do about injuries but 5 missing riders from both teams is almost half the field not ideal.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Highlights the TOTAL STUPIDITY of the BSPA decision to have the transfer deadline so early in the season.

And how can the sport have any credibility when the head honcho goes by the name of Buster?

Sounds like what he is doing to British speedway.

And did he fully recover from the "heart attack" he had at Armadiddle?

The sport if you can call it that has hit an all time low in this country under Chapmans watch.

Reading through the various threads it really makes for depressing reading, how the sport recovers from this shambolic season is anyone's guess, but with fans voting with there feet across the country it wont be easy.

• Like 5

What is the Sheffield line-up tonight and is it a7.00pm start.

Kerr in for Bates no word on guest for Bjerre rider replacement for Kurtz.

Edited by Gazc

Kev Whelan has been on Facebook looking for a mechanic for a guest booking at Glasgow tonight so presume he is j the Sheffield line-up somewhere

• Like 1

What is the Sheffield line-up tonight and is it a7.00pm start.

Yes 7pm start

• Like 1