British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OveFundinFan

Rossi Breaks A Leg

Just read the news Rossi could be out of action for 6 weeks (if he listens to doctors) with a broken leg sustained whilst training on his enduro bike.

Means he will have no real chance of being MotoGP champion this year - he is 26 behind the leader, Dovitiozo, with Vinhales and Marquez still in the frame.

I would really like to see Dovi do the business and lift the title this year.

I agree, hes been at it long enough, stuck with the Ducati and this years its paying off.

Now Rossi is out of the title chase, its got to be Dovi for me.

Its 3 weeks, or a little less, since he broke his leg and he is going to have a go in the Free Practice tomorrow.

He has done some testing on a circuit in Italy, done a fair few laps, but it was not on a GP bike, it was a lower powered road bike. A GP bike will be a beast of a machine by comparison.

Hope he is sensible about this, and withdraws he is not comfortable enough.

• Like 1

Not only did Rossi ride in the 4 free practice sessions - he then went a qualified in 3rd place which puts him on the front row.

Qualifying is not one of Rossis best assets, think he needed to qualify high so he doesnt get into any problems on the first turns which could bump his broken leg.

Funny enough, as the Fri and Sat free practice sessions wet by he seemed to be walking better on his leg. Commentators said that racing a bike puts a lot of pressure on the legs and it would be like a weeks physio done in one practice session.

Remember, he broke his leg 3 weeks ago.

No wonder they call him the "G.o.a.t"

• Like 1

Just watched the race, amazingly Rossi held 2nd place for half of the race then slowly slipped back to 5th. Not a bad result with a broken leg.

Alas Marquez won the race to extend the lead he had.

• Like 1

Got up real early to watch the GP racing from Phillip Island, Australia. Have always rated this place for the fast flowing track and fantastic racing it produces, the fantastic scenery is an added bonus. Moto 3 and Moto 2 were as ones come to expect with riders so close, its amazing there are not more accidents than there are. Approaching corners 3 abreast, flat out is pure madness. But that's the name of the game. It gives the riders a good grounding for when they elevate to the top level. the MOTO GP.

Having watched motorbike racing for many years, I have often thought the actual racing was becoming more manic, where riders have no respect for each other or their past. Its now more like dog eat dog. Stock Cars racing on bikes..!!! Being old hand, I don't know if I prefer this, because you see lesser riders doing better for their Jung-Ho attitude, rather than their ability to race sensibly. Marquez , is a prime example of this, and will put people at risk, in his determination to win. Don,t get me wrong, he has immense talent, and would win without this '**' attitude. Rossi is respected as god, for all he has achieved in the sport . The reason being he has done it fairly without this endangering others. Whatever Marquez achieves in the sport, he will never reach the heights of Rossi, because people remember the dangerous tricks he pulls...

The MotoGP turned out just like the others with 7,8 riders contesting for the podium. Fantastic racing, thoroughly enjoyed watching my first love. The early start of the day wasn't a problem. To think I've still got Premier league football, followed by Formula1 to make this a really good Sunday...... :t::t:

For those who like Moto GP but missed yesterday GP from Philip Island, Aussie, on TV tonight at 7pm channel 5 (or 4 cant remember but think 5)

It was an amazing race, an Aussie leading the race for the first third of the laps (no not Casey Stoner), then, as Stars says, 7 or 8 battling it out. It was close racing at its best.

So close that Rossi got a tyre mark on his left shoulder from Marques front wheel - amazing stuff.

Commentators remarked it was the "best race ever". Really a "must watch"

• Like 2

For those who like Moto GP but missed yesterday GP from Philip Island, Aussie, on TV tonight at 7pm channel 5 (or 4 cant remember but think 5)

It was an amazing race, an Aussie leading the race for the first third of the laps (no not Casey Stoner), then, as Stars says, 7 or 8 battling it out. It was close racing at its best.

So close that Rossi got a tyre mark on his left shoulder from Marques front wheel - amazing stuff.

Commentators remarked it was the "best race ever". Really a "must watch"

Watched the race tonight, it was superb. What a star Valentino is, 38 years old seen & done it all, but still very competitive. He is brilliant in interviews and is very obviously still enjoying his racing. A one off... :lol:

• Like 3

It would be good to have someone with that personality in speedway, particularly if he was British..... but then again, Rossi is a one off as you say. Moto GP will be very much the poorer when he retires - and they know it. He is the ultimate publicity machine, any manufacturer will show sales of their machines are v.good when he is/was in their team ie Yamaha,Ducati, Honda.

• Like 1

Having watched motorbike racing for many years, I have often thought the actual racing was becoming more manic, where riders have no respect for each other or their past. Its now more like dog eat dog. Stock Cars racing on bikes..!!! Being old hand, I don't know if I prefer this, because you see lesser riders doing better for their Jung-Ho attitude, rather than their ability to race sensibly. Marquez , is a prime example of this, and will put people at risk, in his determination to win. Don,t get me wrong, he has immense talent, and would win without this '**' attitude. Rossi is respected as god, for all he has achieved in the sport . The reason being he has done it fairly without this endangering others. Whatever Marquez achieves in the sport, he will never reach the heights of Rossi, because people remember the dangerous tricks he pulls

Rossi wasnt adverse to making a few lunges: His duels with Gibernau, Stoner & Lorenzo could be viewed as over the limit. Great races & great entertainment IMHO

I love watching Rossi, but Marquez style of being on the limit into every corner is just sensational to watch

Watched the race tonight, it was superb. What a star Valentino is, 38 years old seen & done it all, but still very competitive. He is brilliant in interviews and is very obviously still enjoying his racing. A one off... :lol:

great interview from Valetino you can see why he carries on racing having " done it all" very refreshing and no moaning from him.
  • Like 1

Just got round to watching the Phillip island race, unbelievable . What a race

• Like 1