British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GBM

Torun 2018

Hello,

Hope this is the correct section, if it is not I’m sure someone will kindly move it for me.

Ok, looking to make my first visit to see the Torun GP next year as I understand that this is one of the very best venues of the GP. I would therefore love some information please.

Firstly, I know they do speedway tours but as I plan to go out there for about a week this is not applicable.

So, what I would like to know please are the following question.

· Where do I buy genuine tickets?

· How far in advance do they usually go on sale?

· How do I receive my tickets?

· Are the best seats those in the RED AREA adjacent the starting gate?

· I believe Bydgoszcz in the nearest airport, is this correct?

· Any other information will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

GBM

SURE you will get all the answers you need but Torun's SGP is certainly up there with the best and the town is good, too. Bydgoszcz is the nearest airport but Gdansk is only an hour away on relatively new toll motorway. Very easy journey.

This year they started selling in June - which is around the norm for the Gp. You will need to register on the Torun /kup bilet ticket sales so that you will be able to buy as soon as they start selling in 2018. They are e tickets you print at home As for seats i would personally avoid the most expensive and go the the cheaper options ie run- up to 1st bend or 1st/2nd bend. You get a really decent view from all parts. Bydgoszcz is certainly the nearest airport however as Philip says Gdansk and poznan are decent alternatives.

Edited by racers and royals

Going to this GP, (2017) my first visit to Polish Speedway , really looking forward to it.

Flying in to Bydgoszcz from Glasgow.

Edited by topaz325

Going to this GP, my first visit to Polish Speedway

The fans are bonkers. You'll love it.
  • Like 2

Well first of all I would like to thank everyone who took the time to reply with such valuable information.

Just one small point please. I want into the Speedway Gp website, clicks on the Torun Gp, clicked on but tickets that directed me to the Torun Stadium site. There they asked me to register and one of the requirements is to give my passport number. So is the correct site I need and is it perfectly safe to do this. Sorry to rattle on and I really do appreciate your help.

Thank you.

You're in for a treat, great track & stadium. Viewing fine wherever you sit. I usually go in yellow block, top tier on the 3rd bend, only 90zl ish too.

Give Kuranty Bar a visit in the Old Square. Does great pierogi & a decent pint of Guinness. Loads of British fans & ex riders can be found there, plenty of friendly faces to chat speedway with.

Edited by mikec
  • Like 1

You're in for a treat, great track & stadium. Viewing fine wherever you sit. I usually go in yellow block, top tier on the 3rd bend, only 90zl ish too.

Give Kuranty Bar a visit in the Old Square. Does great pierogi & a decent pint of Guinness. Loads of British fans & ex riders can be found there, plenty of friendly faces to chat speedway with.

Cheers.

Hello,

Thanks again for all the really useful answers.

Just wanted to re-post my enquire re the Torun Website asking for my passport number to register. Just wondered if this is perfectly safe to do.

Thanks again really appreciate your help.

GBM

Hello,

Just wanted to re-post my enquire re the Torun Website asking for my passport number to register. Just wondered if this is perfectly safe to do.

GBM

Pretty normal when buying tickets for Polish events, nothing to worry about.

Hello,

GBM

Yes it is the correct site and it is fine.

Very few tickets left for this year

Edited by severnsider

Just wanted to Thank everyone for their help and input, really appreciated. Thank you!

GBM