British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Autographs

Recently came across my old ones.Is it still as popular as it was in the 70/80s ?

I remember waiting ages to catch a rider.

Recently came across my old ones.Is it still as popular as it was in the 70/80s ?

I remember waiting ages to catch a rider.

Oh my goodness, the lads at Ipswich are always signing autographs, they were tonight as a matter of fact, obviously the selfie/photo is very popular too

I sat and watched Kevin Doolan, Dany Gappmaier and David Howe signing loads of autographs tonight after the meeting. And kids taking selfies with them on iPads and phones. Have to say the Berwick riders do really well with young fans after meetings. The kids love it.

The last time I got an autograph for myself was at white city in 1977. I did get a few for my kids before they grew up and come to their senses.

The last time I got an autograph for myself was at white city in 1977. I did get a few for my kids before they grew up and come to their senses.

1981 was me, Bruce penhall.

I still get them now and my wife and two lads crucify me for it really take the mickey only banter though.But i have a pretty decent collection and at Swindon it is still quite popular before the start of the meeting Anders Michanek was always a hard one to get and Charlie Monk.

How many times did you get Anders Michanek's - surely you only need it once!

Remember attempting to get Hasse Holmqvist's autograph as he was rushing around the pits after the meeting about to take a shower...if I recall he was signing autographs thru' the window of the changing room.

I used to get Hans Nielsen to sign each of my personalised programme boards that I used to paint.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

Can remember getting the great Briggo's autograph at Swindon, when you could go into the pits, too shy to say anything though.

Riders should be interacting with the fans and its not just kids who want them, I do!

At Swindon the riders went into crowd at the end, but its not a regular thing.

I've got loads from back in the day, even have Jonnie Hoskins and Frank Varey. The last one I asked for was Jason Crump but I do have cards off all The Aces for my last two big birthdays.

Mike Patrick's last book featured a different rider on each page so I got that signed by most of those featured, which is a nice keepsake. I even had Mike sign it for me as well.

• Like 1

I have,,,

Rol Stobart

Eric Chitty

Tiger Stevenson

Gus Kuhn

Arthur Atkinson

Billy Lamont

Bronco Dixson

Minny Wahn

Stan Greatrex

Tommy Croombs

Fay Taylour

Ken Brett

Charlie Spinks

Mick Murphy

Kid Curtis

• Like 1

How many times did you get Anders Michanek's - surely you only need it once!

Are you trying to be clever or not ?? you said OLSEN could not team ride ?"?.i tend to DIFFER ask Moleneux ,Shirra,Stancl, Busk, Miller, Nicholaijsen,Guglielmi if they agree with you did you go to Brandon with your eyes closed. ??😜😂 Edited by Sidney the robin

Only you could turn a thread about autgraphs into a barneySid!!! :o

I have a few rarities i guess.Some of the old Ruskies like Korneev and Gordeev and some of the Poles including Jerzy the world champ.Think i even have Mike Bast,the would be world champ :P

Are you trying to be clever or not ?? you said OLSEN could not team ride ?"?.i tend to DIFFER ask Moleneux ,Shirra,Stancl, Busk, Miller, Nicholaijsen,Guglielmi if they agree with you did you go to Brandon with your eyes closed. ??

Hey mate, you forgot Tom Ledbitter off your list, lost count the amount of times ive watched Olsen team ride him home to a 5/1 at Wolves!

• Like 1

Hey mate, you forgot Tom Ledbitter off your list, lost count the amount of times ive watched Olsen team ride him home to a 5/1 at Wolves!

Good old Tom Leadbitter...remember him well! Got a feeling that he was involved in the 'squabble' at Hyde Road between Belle Vue and Leicester...didn't he right hook someone?