British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marko

Hammers Vs Stoke 3/9

I see the Hammers have booked Luke Bowen for Zach and Mattie Bates for Alfie, is that allowed? I thought you could only have a guest for your number one unless two or more riders were injured in which case it would be a guest and R/R?

They are both in a higher league riding is my guess therefore a guest can be used for both?

Would expect Bowen and Morley to go through the card but there is a race on with the big weather system coming in from the West and from the radar its speed whilst slow will probably reach the area before 3pm, if the meeting starts they will really have to push it through to get a result.

According to the BBC weather site for Chafford Hundred there is no rain expected until after 7pm. Either way I don't think we'll have much of a crowd for this one.

If the band of rain maintains its current momentum and intensity i predict it will hit the area by 2:30 even if its just light rain to start with.

I see the Hammers have booked Luke Bowen for Zach and Mattie Bates for Alfie, is that allowed? I thought you could only have a guest for your number one unless two or more riders were injured in which case it would be a guest and R/R?

You can have a guest for a missing No 1 (Zach)and for any rider already booked in a higher league (Alfie is riding for Newcastle today).

Poor meeting ,,stroll in the park for Morley Hurry and guest Bowen,,good effort from Couzins,....Cook hinting of higher grade racing next year,,for now lets hope we make the play offs

Poor meeting ,,stroll in the park for Morley Hurry and guest Bowen,,good effort from Couzins,....Cook hinting of higher grade racing next year,,for now lets hope we make the play offs

Championship?

Having seen today's attendance something has to be done as it must be losing money even in the NL, obviously the Lakeside fans have not taken to the NL,hope JC can get it in a higher league as that's the only way forward

That was indeed a dire meeting. Congrats to Luke Bowen on setting a new NL track record.

Jon Cook's remarks were interesting. Very happy to hear of an impending debut for Jason Edwards. Suggested renewed rivalry with Rye House clearly suggests a return to the top division.

Perhaps most significant was the fact that he took to the mic at all, for the 2nd meeting in a row. This after months of silence suggests a renewed interest on his behalf?

Trouble is, who was there to hear it?

It would be interesting to know how many have switched their allegiance to Rye House. And let's be honest, I know which of the two stadia I'd now want to watch Speedway.

Cookie said no NL next season, because lakeside are intending a return to the top flight. This will Depend on a satisfactory deal with the landlords. If the fixed race nights are Mondays and Thursdays. That means going up against Kent or being lumbered with a midweek slot, that was ditched by the hammers years ago!.

• Like 1

Having been to Rye House 3 times in the last couple of weeks, I can say that whilst there are a few people wearing Lakeside colours, there aren't a noticeably large number. However, there's no way of telling how many of Rye's new fans are former Arena regulars in cognito as it were. Certainly I'd think it no coincidence that their crowds have improved whilst ours have halved. I agree that in terms of facilities there's no comparison; Rye House being streets ahead of Lakeside in that regard.