British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marko

Hammers Vs Stoke 3/9

I know where I'd want to watch my speedway too - Lakeside, since that's the team I support. I never have understood people who can support one team, and then just switch allegiance. I'll be glad to leave the NL, though.

• Like 1

The hammers lost money at EL level last season. With the risk of no TV money and the loss of a Friday race night, I can't see how top flight racing is viable at arena.

I know where I'd want to watch my speedway too - Lakeside, since that's the team I support. I never have understood people who can support one team, and then just switch allegiance. I'll be glad to leave the NL, though.

I agree on all points. NL racing has never worked for me either. Each to his own I suppose, but to my mind the difference between the top heatleaders and reserves at NL level is too great to be conducive to good racing. I have enjoyed seeing the young riders coming on, especially riders like Jack Parkinson Blackburn and Tom Bacon but overall the standard is not good enough to keep me going. A team built round Kim Nilsson would be ideal.

The hammers lost money at EL level last season. With the risk of no TV money and the loss of a Friday race night, I can't see how top flight racing is viable at arena.

I don't think the current Premiership could be described as top,flight any more. The wage bills must be considerably less without riders like AJ on the payroll. The problem now though, is that having lost fans by dropping down a couple of divisions, whether they can attract them back.

• Like 1

I have enjoyed the national league a lot more than I thought but would obviously love the club to move up to championship or premiership. Iam sure any true Lakeside supporter who did go to Rye would come back and support there local team.

When is Jason Edwards going to get an opportunity?

I'd be happy with a return at any level next season. It certainly has been a struggle at lakeside for the last couple of years.

I thought Cook mentioned Edwards coming in at Buxton if he wants it...Personally i would prefer Championship racing next year ,,many more meetings and the riders of a similar standard throughout which could make for better racing

I thought Cook mentioned Edwards coming in at Buxton if he wants it...Personally i would prefer Championship racing next year ,,many more meetings and the riders of a similar standard throughout which could make for better racing

I agree I would prefer championship aswell. I hope Edwards does ride at Buxton I have enjoyed watching his progress and he has had some cracking races with Nathan Ablitt before the main meetings this season, I think it's Nathan Ablitt anyway lol.

Maybe it isn't a choice between the top flight and amateur level; what about Championship Speedway (with half decent/some Premier riders) and a SECOND HALF of National League teams doing battle?

Whoooooops, sorry. Promoters these days giving people better value for money than 15 minutes worth of entertainment?

What in hell was I thinking.

• Like 1

The "Voice of Reason" seems to think that a second half with teams from the National League would be free of charge to the promoter.

Far from the case...ALL riders are at the very least semi-professional, so need paying. I note he refers to the current level as "amateur"

How naive is that ? Does he think that Paul, Zach and Ben ride for nothing ?

• Like 1

must agree not a great meeting yesterday but as the saying goes you

can only beat whats put in front of you. the crowd was the lowest or very close to

I have seen over the arena the crowds have dwindled over the last few meetings

so I can understand why jon says its not viable things must be bad if we cant pay

the £3/400 for the sound system. on a happier note just glad we are carrying on next

season in whatever format as I was worried this year would be the last. and jons interview

yesterday there is still a glimmer of hope on our own stadium. but I do feel there needs to be

better communication at what is going on as the loyal fans like myself seem to be left out

in the cold.

• Like 1

There is a very long winter to negotiate first, probably one of the most important in the history of the sport.

There is a very long winter to negotiate first, probably one of the most important in the history of the sport.

All it needs is for the National League to declare UDI

• Like 1

All it needs is for the National League to declare UDI

that would suit me. It's already partly detached from the madness suffocating the sport.

El Addio: "The problem now though, is that having lost fans by dropping down a couple of divisions, whether they can attract them back."

We were talking about this yesterday, but as someone said, when we dropped to the NL (or equivalent) last time, with Peter Thorogood, the crowds were probably even worse, and they did come back once we went back up to a higher level.