British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarB123

Newcastle V Redcar 3/9/17

What's changed now for the Diamonds to have R/R? Make your mind up BSPA.

Only a guess but maybe Lambert`s postponement in Poland today a made a difference.

R/R stands for rain replacement according to the new rules.

Oh hang on, apparently it's changed again.

• Like 2

So if the rider missing is foreign, Newcastle would have got a facility according to the rules. Yet because he's British then Newcastle get no facility.

What an effing joke. And they wonder why the sport is on its arse. Robert HAS to ride in Poland but no facility is allowed. Had he been German, French, Swedish etc then it would be claimed his FMN had recalled him in line with the international fixture list and a guest would be allowed.

Only in British Speedway can you punish British riders and clubs that sign British riders

couple of points here why does he HAVE to ride in poland

and also does lambert ride on uk license i thought he rode on a german 1

Only a guess but maybe Lambert`s postponement in Poland today a made a difference.

As I see it, you get 24 hours grace on either side of an FIM event in which you are allowed to miss meetings. Your team gets a facility. If he's had a rain-off then that effectively puts him into that situation.

Had he ridden in a meeting then the facility would have been lost, you are not allowed to do that.

As I see it, you get 24 hours grace on either side of an FIM event in which you are allowed to miss meetings. Your team gets a facility. If he's had a rain-off then that effectively puts him into that situation.

Had he ridden in a meeting then the facility would have been lost, you are not allowed to do that.

The second day rain off facility would only be for the Under-21 event Lambert rode in yesterday, not for a Polish play off meeting that he was due to ride in today. Though in a weird way because of yesterday`s meeting, and today`s rained off league meeting Newcastle have ended up running R/R.

After all that with RR they are not weakened at all with their home strength

great night - well done Diamonds. Sorry I know I'm going to get crucified but its still awful to see experienced blokes struggle round the corners.

great night - well done Diamonds. Sorry I know I'm going to get crucified but its still awful to see experienced blokes struggle round the corners.

The very reason I don't like speedway tracks which are inside greyhound tracks

Great advert for speedway from both sides tonight both teams giving it everything hard close racing must admit thought we had blown it but pulled it out of the fire in last two heats. Wasn't it great to see saw many Redcar fans coming up you would think they had a decent side this year, sorry couldn't resist lol.

well sometimes there's no choice but I wish they'd shorten the straights a bit. Its a nice stadium, a good facility but I've always disliked the track, although its certainly better than it was

Great advert for speedway from both sides tonight both teams giving it everything hard close racing must admit thought we had blown it but pulled it out of the fire in last two heats. Wasn't it great to see saw many Redcar fans coming up you would think they had a decent side this year, sorry couldn't resist lol.

mad to think Ben Hopwoods 1 point prob won it haha. Well done - good night all in all - home fans happy which I like to see even as a bear

• Like 1

That your top 4 riders comprise your team for the four team finals

And just how many of the teams had their top four riders ?

What is the point of having a rule book if you can drive a coach and horses through it!

Newcastle had to use an NL guest as Lambert was riding in Poland. The meeting got rainedfoff and Lambert couldn't or wouldn't get back in time for the Diamonds meeting so they get to use r/r! Why?

Regardless of what happened in Poland he was down to ride there.

How does the weather in Poland have a bearing on Newcastles team makeup and use of a facility? Unbelievable, you just couldn't make this up.

I've returned to British speedway this year after a 2 year sabbatical due to disillusionment. I can't believe some of the decisions the BSPA and Chapman have made this year. They should hang their heads in shame.

JOKE SPORT!

• Like 3

What is the point of having a rule book if you can drive a coach and horses through it!

Newcastle had to use an NL guest as Lambert was riding in Poland. The meeting got rainedfoff and Lambert couldn't or wouldn't get back in time for the Diamonds meeting so they get to use r/r! Why?

Regardless of what happened in Poland he was down to ride there.

How does the weather in Poland have a bearing on Newcastles team makeup and use of a facility? Unbelievable, you just couldn't make this up.

I've returned to British speedway this year after a 2 year sabbatical due to disillusionment. I can't believe some of the decisions the BSPA and Chapman have made this year. They should hang their heads in shame.

JOKE SPORT!

Would you be saying the same if your lot had won, cause you will say that you would have, I've got my doubts..

Would you be saying the same if your lot had won, cause you will say that you would have, I've got my doubts..

To be fair quite how or why the BSPA could get told that a British rider has to ride abroad rather than for his British club is frankly ludicrous.

• Like 3

My lot? As an Edinburgh supporter it was a good result for me.

What I find sad is the total unprofessional attitude of the BSPA. Was this ruling made up this morning?

How can a rain storm in Poland effect the score of a British meeting? Absolutely farcical and yet another nail in British speedways coffin!

• Like 1