British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarB123

Newcastle V Redcar 3/9/17

Well done Diamond expect complaints from Bears promotion about r/r but surely nobody blame but themselves on the lose. Onlyriding against 4 man team and Robbo was poor so 3 and half really. Well done to Ashley and Steve and Ludvig was flying that move in heat 15 was excellent in such pressure race.

Edited by Big Diamond
  • Like 1

Well done Diamond expect complaints from Bears promotion about r/r but surely nobody blame but themselves on the lose. Onlyriding against 4 man team and Robbo was poor so 3 and half really. Well done to Ashley and Steve and Ludvig was flying that move in heat 15 was excellent in such pressure race.

There was me thinking Newcastle had 6 riders + the R/R facility and before you say anymore i'm neutral to both sides on this.

There was me thinking Newcastle had 6 riders + the R/R facility and before you say anymore i'm neutral to both sides on this.

Any team riding against top heavy Diamonds team without Lambert covered by 4-6 pointers, with Robbo having bike problems and struggling reserves getting 1 point against opposition should win. Bears had fantastic opportunity get 3/4 points very surprised they didn't take it.

Edited by Big Diamond

Polish meeting on = NL guest.

Polish meeting off = R/R.

Please, without bias just think about it.

How can this sport be taken seriously?

Polish meeting on = NL guest.

Polish meeting off = R/R.

Please, without bias just think about it.

How can this sport be taken seriously?

I agree the rules need very detailed scrutiny. However, any revisions should fall on the side of what happened tonight. i.e don't short change the paying punters by denying a facility, because without the paying punters, there is no CL Speedway.

I don't think the Bears can complain about the Rain Replacement as they were fighting for victory until heat 15 and even then picked up a useful and deserved away point

• Like 1

This is what happens with stupid rules that don't make sense, and every team would have taking advantage of the loop hole its clear as day and Diamonds must have been giving permission. Easy way to avoid this in the future is have no 24-7 or strict rules about riders in foreign league that everybody understands should have been done years ago. That also includes sorting out doubling up and other things.

Edited by Big Diamond

To be fair quite how or why the BSPA could get told that a British rider has to ride abroad rather than for his British club is frankly ludicrous.

Spot on. ..

And because these things happen we end up with ludicrous half arsed supplementary regulation after supplementary regulation to try and cover for every eventuality...

Which then brings the resultant s**t storm and incessant ridicule of those who run the Sport as whatever rule they come up with will simply lack any credibilty..

Instead of having to spend what must be hours 'making up' supplementary regulations for every conceivable anomaly, just, instead, run the bloody sport properly..

Clear, simple, 'take it or leave it', one rider one team, available every meeting, rules...

• Like 1

With Robert riding 12+

RR for Robert 9

Embleton riding instead of Robert 0.

I can see Redcar feel aggrieved, how a facility was given is beyond me.

• Like 2

Over many years I would expect nothing else from Newcastle, rules made to be broken..

• Like 1

Over many years I would expect nothing else from Newcastle, rules made to be broken..

Norfolk enchants

At least give some examples to back up your opinion. I left wondering here.

• Like 1

With Robert riding 12+

RR for Robert 9

;) Edited by ruffdiamond

You may recall an instance last year where Sam Masters was sat in the Craven Suite at Belle Vue watching Wolves operate R/R for himself after there had been an early rain-off of the Edinburgh fixture.

There was an outcry on the BSF over this - ludicrous everyone said.

So this year we have seen the practice change and there have been examples of riders slotting back into their original riding position after rain-offs elsewhere.

Yesterday's Lambert decision seems consistent with that. Yes Newcastle were 'lucky' that Lambert was rained-off, but

if Embelton had ridden I'm sure Redcar would happily have taken the 3/4 points without focusing on how 'lucky' they were to catch Newcastle without a facility for Lambert.

The issue here is (given Perks got back) how did we get to the point where Lambert gives priority to Poland over Newcastle (and how can Diamonds fans complain about Holder's absence for Peterborough last month with a straight face).

• Like 2

The issue here is (given Perks got back) how did we get to the point where Lambert gives priority to Poland over Newcastle (and how can Diamonds fans complain about Holder's absence for Peterborough last month with a straight face).

but Lambert didn't give priority to Poland, he was forced into it, under duress,,,

but your right and we can all laugh about it now.

With Robert riding 12+

RR for Robert 9

Possibly because that's the rules at the moment whether you like it or not, serious question to all the whingers would your club have done the same as Newcastle did last night or say "tell you what we'll stick with the nl guest" and short change the public.

And just how many of the teams had their top four riders ?

Only one without valid reasons, and permission.

The one that was breaking the rules!

• Like 1