British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarB123

Newcastle V Redcar 3/9/17

Redcar / Middlesbrough isn't in North Yorkshire for starters! Geography not a strong point?

Not wanting to get involved in the mud slinging and "my dad's bigger than your Dad" name calling from earlier posts but Redcar/Middlesbrough are definitely both in North Yorkshire.

Carry on.....

• Like 3

Wow. Someones got too much time or no life!

Your research will have also shown that i have posted very little anywhere for years.

What grates me is the way the sport is being run in this country and this Lambert issue is yet another low point hence why I posted on your precious Newcastle thread!

I am an Edinburgh supporter, get over it!

Not everyone supports their local team, look at football!

Redcar / Middlesbrough isn't in North Yorkshire for starters! Geography not a strong point?

Ive got loads of down time when im at work yeah.... I agree with you about the Lambert issue also, and the thread isnt precious? But you could try posting without bias goggles on.

Had this been diamonds v monarchs you wouldnt have posted would you? No you wouldnt because your previous shows you wouldnt.... got any more skeletons you want to share😜😂😂

Not wanting to get involved in the mud slinging and "my dad's bigger than your Dad" name calling from earlier posts but Redcar/Middlesbrough are definitely both in North Yorkshire.

Carry on.....

so is Edinburgh

Carry on.....

thats a shame really, it lowers the tone of a half decent shire ;)

Wow. Someones got too much time or no life!

Your research will have also shown that i have posted very little anywhere for years.

What grates me is the way the sport is being run in this country and this Lambert issue is yet another low point hence why I posted on your precious Newcastle thread!

I am an Edinburgh supporter, get over it!

Not everyone supports their local team, look at football!

:rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Bellend lives up to his name once again.

• Like 4

Carry on.....

What map are you looking at? One from the 60s? I think you will find they aren't.

What map are you looking at? One from the 60s? I think you will find they aren't.

I agree that in the 1960's both Middlesbrough and Redcar were in Yorkshire.

In 1968 they both became part of the County Borough of Teesside which was absorbed into the non Metropolitan County of Cleveland in 1974.

The county was abolished in 1996 with its boroughs becoming unitary authorities and the Tees re-established as the border between North Yorkshire and County Durham for ceremonial purposes only. If you go on the visit Yorkshire website they are both on there.

They may not be covered by NYCC but if you had to put a county on an address you would put North Yorkshire as they are both south of the Tees.

Bit of geography there - plus I've managed to reply without resorting to name calling and personal abuse which some on this thread haven't been able to do. Sadly.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2

I agree that in the 1960's both Middlesbrough and Redcar were in Yorkshire.

In 1968 they both became part of the County Borough of Teesside which was absorbed into the non Metropolitan County of Cleveland in 1974.

The county was abolished in 1996 with its boroughs becoming unitary authorities and the Tees re-established as the border between North Yorkshire and County Durham for ceremonial purposes only. If you go on the visit Yorkshire website they are both on there.

They may not be covered by NYCC but if you had to put a county on an address you would put North Yorkshire as they are both south of the Tees.

I don't know of anyone in Middlesbrough who uses the county of North Yorhsire as the postal address.

I work in Middlesbrough and the office address is not North Yorshire. Just googled the boundry (I cant seem to post the picture on here unless someone can explain to me how to).

The closest settlements to Middlesbrough that are in North Yorkshire are Seamer and Great Ayton.

Bit of geography there - plus I've managed to reply without resorting to name calling and personal abuse which some on this thread haven't been able to do. Sadly.

Ceremonial County as I said - not covered as part of NYCC which is the map you were referring to.

Lots of people still use Cleveland on their address but that doesn't exist any more. Tour of Yorkshire went through Middlesbrough the other year.

Redcar has road signs that say "Redcar & Cleveland in the Tees Valley, part of the historic North Riding of Yorkshire". See, perfectly clear :D

Anyway I'm sure everyone is finding this discussion fascinating!

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with a bit of culture :t::t:

659796-1-1JPG.jpg

Thought this might help the debate

• Like 4

rules need clearing up massively redcar have huge grounds to appeal

the joke glasgow fan mcgregors decision to allow r/r for lambert,who regardless was never going to be at that council tip in newcastle either on sunday or in the following week

Newcastle did nothing wrong. Neither did McGregor. They both applied the rules as they are written. They are clear.

Whether they are fundamentally right or not is a different question all together.

• Like 3

659796-1-1JPG.jpg

Thought this might help the debate

is that bit sorted out yet,,,, question now, 'is it grim or not' ?

is that bit sorted out yet,,,, question now, 'is it grim or not' ?

That parts much easier to sort out - some parts are and some parts aren't. Bit like every large town or city in the UK.

Glad to be of help.

• Like 2