British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarB123

Newcastle V Redcar 3/9/17

It would be nice to be able to see it, if the race is as good as yous say :)

I don't know if its still on there but at one point that whole meeting was available to watch on YouTube, I hope that helps.

is that bit sorted out yet,,,, question now, 'is it grim or not' ?

Historic as the sign says, not current. Some people close to the border or in the former part of North Yorkshire wish they were still part of it! Just like those good folk of Yearby who actually live in the borough of Redcar and Cleveland but form part of the 'ceremonial county' of North Yorkshire! Not actually official or meaning of anything. Just a hark back to the past.

Anything to do with house prices maybe? ;)

is that bit sorted out yet,,,, question now, 'is it grim or not' ?

Yes its grim!

Edited by Bellers101

Historic as the sign says, not current. Some people close to the border or in the former part of North Yorkshire wish they were still part of it! Just like those good folk of Yearby who actually live in the borough of Redcar and Cleveland but form part of the 'ceremonial county' of North Yorkshire! Not actually official or meaning of anything. Just a hark back to the past.

Anything to do with house prices maybe? ;)

I do live in the Borough of Redcar and Cleveland. Correct. Although not many people put much stock in who their "unitary authority" is.

Redcar in Yorkshire - the north part of it.

As I'm not selling up, it's not grim here, I'm not worried about the house prices.

So,,, we have established that it is within the shire or York, some of its grim and some of its not.

Is the STMP bit, in a grim/not grim area, or is that down to opinion.

So,,, we have established that it is within the shire or York, some of its grim and some of its not.

It's all down to opinion!!

• Like 1

Unfortunately due to the nature of the sport, most tracks are situated in "grim" parts, this is to lessen impact on nearby residents. Industrial sites, or even out in the wilds come to mind, it can be a positive in that some of these tracks are then able to develop facilities more easily and have the use of the track on most days for training/practice or rearranging fixtures.

Those tracks in "nice" areas are also prone to being targets for development (housing/supermarkets etc)

Personally if I visit an area to attend a speedway meeting I'm concerned about what I see on the track, not the factories/pretty green fields/expensive or inexpensive houses surrounding the stadium!

Lets be fair this all started with opposing fans trying to score points by throwing insults at each other, and their teams and now facilities/locations - sadly a number then can't resist the opportunity to bite and retaliate which drags the whole debate down and degenerates the thread! Full marks to those who post sensible responses without lowering themselves to the immature level, there are others who you expect better from . (rant over - thank you!)

• Like 8

i think its fair to say STMP is in a less salubrious area. Can't see houses going up roundabouts - i think its safe for the foreseeable!

The STMP is a motor sport facility , the speedway is part out with karting motor cross etc next door, a great facility overall .

All separately run .