British Speedway Forum

One meeting, shouldn't be signing riders off the back of that.

Still only averaged five in the second tier.

Mark Riss only achieved just over a 4 in 2016 and is much improved in 2017 and is doing well in the top flight too.

I'd go on his end of season form which indicates he is much improved.

He was like a junior in his first 2 rides,terrible to watch really.That's what you get with KK though.Sometimes he looks unbeatable then other times it's like it is his first time on a bike.

Ditto his career in the UK.

If there is one league with two conference riders at reserve

1 Harris

2 Barker/Robbo

3 Wells

4 KK

5 Nicholls

6 Jenkins

7 Thomas

Mark Riss only achieved just over a 4 in 2016 and is much improved in 2017 and is doing well in the top flight too.

I'd go on his end of season form which indicates he is much improved.

Plenty of riders improve at the end of the season to ensure employment for the following year then revert to type. He's not the sort of rider we should be looking at if we want to win things. Edited by Ben91

Plenty of riders improve at the end of the season to ensure employment for the following year then refer to type. He's not the sort of rider we should be looking at if we want to win things.

Some do yea.

Some improve as the season moves on and is a good indicator to me of potential.

Plenty of riders improve at the end of the season to ensure employment for the following year then revert to type

Probably a few who's form dips towards the end of the season for the same reason

• Like 1

At the last two meetings of 2017 at Rye House it was mentioned that the Kings Lynn meeting would not be the last meeting of the season and we should look out for news of the last meeting. Still no news which makes me wonder if the idea has been dropped. If it has I can understand why but it would be nice to have confirmation or is that expecting too much?

That was what I thought but I always live in hope!

Think there will be but usual story it is the availability of riders which does not help. Think the re -arranging of champ riders meeting on a Sat does not help things

I hope there is another meeting but only if it is midweek like meetings have been for the last few months. If they revert to Saturday I will not be able to be there. I was very pleased when the meetings in August and September were mid week as it meant I could see more meetings.

Lack of communication from the club regarding whether this is happening or not is poor. There'll have been no speedway at Rye for over a month by the time it rolls around, if indeed it does. Just another part of a disjointed season of racing at Rye. A Raiders side is needed for next year to keep the fixtures coming regularly.

Lack of communication from the club regarding whether this is happening or not is poor. There'll have been no speedway at Rye for over a month by the time it rolls around, if indeed it does. Just another part of a disjointed season of racing at Rye. A Raiders side is needed for next year to keep the fixtures coming regularly.

Totally agree with regard to the Raiders, continuity of fixtures keeps the interest.

Can't see it happening though.

I would agree that from a fan point of view then a Raiders team is a great idea but sadly I suspect most of us have seen how few of our fellow fans will watch a Premiership/Championship team and also watch a National League team at the same track on a regular basis. I have seen the size of crowds over the years at National League meetings at tracks that have a team in one of the higher leagues and with that knowledge I can understand why promoters do not want to run two teams at many tracks. What is needed is fixture lists that give a full programme of fixtures in the league of choice then tracks could run a full programme with just one team.

Rye House has been the track I have visited the most in the last year and this season they ran/planned home meetings as follows:-

April - 4 Saturday night

May- 2 Saturday night (1 rained off), 1 Bank Holiday afternoon, 1 Junior on a Sunday afternoon

June - 1 Wednesday night, 1 Junior on a Sunday afternoon

July - 1 Saturday night

August - 4 Wednesday night (2 rained off), 1 Saturday night, 1 Bank Holiday night, 1 Tuesday night

September - 1 Friday night, 1 Monday night

Just shows how uneven a fixture list Rye House landed up with. Two senior meetings in two months during the middle of the season with four meetings in eight days at the end of the season. I would agree a Raiders side could have filled some of the blank dates but would they have broken even, let alone made a small profit? The questions we really need to find an answers to are how does a track run a season with regular meetings that will be supported by the fans? Are we willing to have a meeting once a fortnight or do we want weekly meetings? Do we want to watch racing in two leagues or will we only support the team in the higher league?

Personally, I am happy to watch racing in all three leagues given the chance but find weekday meetings much easier to attend due to other committments at weekends.

I would agree that from a fan point of view then a Raiders team is a great idea but sadly I suspect most of us have seen how few of our fellow fans will watch a Premiership/Championship team and also watch a National League team at the same track on a regular basis. I have seen the size of crowds over the years at National League meetings at tracks that have a team in one of the higher leagues and with that knowledge I can understand why promoters do not want to run two teams at many tracks. What is needed is fixture lists that give a full programme of fixtures in the league of choice then tracks could run a full programme with just one team.

Rye House has been the track I have visited the most in the last year and this season they ran/planned home meetings as follows:-

April - 4 Saturday night

May- 2 Saturday night (1 rained off), 1 Bank Holiday afternoon, 1 Junior on a Sunday afternoon

June - 1 Wednesday night, 1 Junior on a Sunday afternoon

July - 1 Saturday night

August - 4 Wednesday night (2 rained off), 1 Saturday night, 1 Bank Holiday night, 1 Tuesday night

September - 1 Friday night, 1 Monday night

Just shows how uneven a fixture list Rye House landed up with. Two senior meetings in two months during the middle of the season with four meetings in eight days at the end of the season. I would agree a Raiders side could have filled some of the blank dates but would they have broken even, let alone made a small profit? The questions we really need to find an answers to are how does a track run a season with regular meetings that will be supported by the fans? Are we willing to have a meeting once a fortnight or do we want weekly meetings? Do we want to watch racing in two leagues or will we only support the team in the higher league?

Personally, I am happy to watch racing in all three leagues given the chance but find weekday meetings much easier to attend due to other committments at weekends.

I attended every meeting that was on a Saturday but can't make weekdays meetings due to time restraints/work. I felt a bit short changed after supporting them every week until about June, then only seeing 1 more meeting

How were the crowds for the weekday meetings, anything like the Saturday crowds?

If I'm honest I wouldn't travel to Rye to watch National league with both Kent and Lakeside closer

I attended every meeting that was on a Saturday but can't make weekdays meetings due to time restraints/work. I felt a bit short changed after supporting them every week until about June, then only seeing 1 more meeting

How were the crowds for the weekday meetings, anything like the Saturday crowds?

If I'm honest I wouldn't travel to Rye to watch National league with both Kent and Lakeside closer

I only got to a couple of Saturday meetings but based on those I got the impression that the crowds were nearly the same midweek as they were on Saturdays.