British Speedway Forum

It's his last EL average Ian. They were used for Musielak and Lahti signing for Swindon and Poole this year so can't see the case being different for Linus.

The start of the season all the top riders has their averages amended to a higher figure.

There is no guarantee any rider racing in the top flight in 2018 will start on their last attained average.

The start of the season all the top riders has their averages amended to a higher figure.

There is no guarantee any rider racing in the top flight in 2018 will start on their last attained average.

Also the 2 returners mentioned did have 2016 averages

How many years is it now since Sundstrom ride in Britain? Would need to be reassessed IMO.

How many years is it now since Sundstrom ride in Britain? Would need to be reassessed IMO.

I think any rider who has a complete season out of the UK leagues needs to be reassessed for fairness.

Sundstrom is a better rider than last time he was here, that's for sure.

He would make a weak number one however IMHO.

The team that we finished the season was potent and with one measly point extra I firmly believe we would now be champions, in short I don't need improvement just the same please will do.

I agree about KK though four maxs in such a short time with us and as I was at Poole and home to Swindon those two performances with compete with almost any memories I have in 47 years of following the Rockets.

There's one rider from the team that finished the season that will realistically raise his average next year and that is KK. Standing still because the team finished strongly (but not strongly enough) is not wise. If we start with the same team we finished this year with we won't be near the play-offs.

No, all riders who had EL averages only had their figures amended because the old EL race format gave them unrealistic averages. Anything can happen at the AGM of course but the point of the average amending last year was to give riders weighted figures with regard to their actual ability. It doesn't need to happen again.

No they didn't, Lahti last rode in the EL in 2014, Musielak in 2015.

Sundstrom last rode here in 2013. Przedpelski came to Leicester on an assessed seven point average this year so if Linus was reassessed I'd say it should be to no more than that. Therefore his actual figure is probably a fair one for him to be signed on.

There's one rider from the team that finished the season that will realistically raise his average next year and that is KK. Standing still because the team finished strongly (but not strongly enough) is not wise. If we start with the same team we finished this year with we won't be near the play-offs.

No, all riders who had EL averages only had their figures amended because the old EL race format gave them unrealistic averages. Anything can happen at the AGM of course but the point of the average amending last year was to give riders weighted figures with regard to their actual ability. It doesn't need to happen again.

No they didn't, Lahti last rode in the EL in 2014, Musielak in 2015.

Sundstrom last rode here in 2013. Przedpelski came to Leicester on an assessed seven point average this year so if Linus was reassessed I'd say it should be to no more than that. Therefore his actual figure is probably a fair one for him to be signed on.

So it will be FIVE years out of date - no way it should be used IMO.

That said I didnt indicate I thought it should go up......

So it will be FIVE years out of date - no way it should be used IMO.

That said I didnt indicate I thought it should go up......

Averages more than a year old should be reassessed IMO. But if old figures are being used, as has been the case in the recent past, then we may as well take advantage as other teams have and will (I'm sure Poole would baulk at Kacper Woryna being reassessed to a seven rather than his last EL average of 4.65).

When we signed Andrew Silver for the Premier League team in 2009 his average was assessed at 4.00 despite him not having ridden competitively for over 15 years so nothing would surprise me.

No, all riders who had EL averages only had their figures amended because the old EL race format gave them unrealistic averages. Anything can happen at the AGM of course but the point of the average amending last year was to give riders weighted figures with regard to their actual ability.

Which is what I said.

The unrealistic averages where amended with totally unrealistic ones!

Out of curiosity, what average would people give Sundstrom? Hed be a 7 or 7.5 IMO so 7.22 seems fair.

Out of curiosity, what average would people give Sundstrom? Hed be a 7 or 7.5 IMO so 7.22 seems fair.

Must admit I havent tracked his scores elsewhere enough in order to give a judgement. My point was simply that using a 2013 average without question is wrong.

7.22 may well be about right but that should be the case due to a true assessment of his current ability and not just because what he acheived 5 years ago

• Like 2

What's the feeling on race nights?

I've heard that there will be no more Saturday racing, using Monday or Wednesday instead.

How's that going to work for most of the supporters? I can't make during the week due to work.

Madness, just to placate a few greedy second rate GP riders (bet you wont see Dudek, Zmarzlik, Syfutidinov, and Woffinden).

Mondays and Wednesdays/Thursdays are just great fro people who can only go at weekends or have children.

Madness, just to placate a few greedy second rate GP riders (bet you wont see Dudek, Zmarzlik, Syfutidinov, and Woffinden).

Mondays and Wednesdays/Thursdays are just great fro people who can only go at weekends or have children.

It's mainly to solve doubling up issues not to attract gp riders

• Like 3

It's mainly to solve doubling up issues not to attract gp riders

So its to assist riders to earn more money than to assist fans, point proven

So its to assist riders to earn more money than to assist fans, point proven

Err, no. It will assist fans by removing same night fixtures for the PL and the CL, meaning that your team’s doubling up riders are available to ride for your team rather than having to ride for their Championship team. A massive improvement.

• Like 3

Err, no. It will assist fans by removing same night fixtures for the PL and the CL, meaning that your teams doubling up riders are available to ride for your team rather than having to ride for their Championship team. A massive improvement.

+ No clashes with foreign leagues = Full teams & regular fixtures

• Like 2