British Speedway Forum

I was brought up as a child going to Wimbledon on a Monday night. When I was working in the City of London I used to go to midweek meetings regularly. Now as a pensioner I am busy nearly every Saturday evening so if the racing is mid week then it suits me fine but I understand others may disagree but personally I am praying they don't race on a Saturday.

Why cant they have a just few Saturdays such as an off night for GPs so no one is excluded

Because Saturdays will be Championship only night

Forget Saturdays, we did at Lynn after years of Saturday speedway..

Fixed race nights are years overdue, complete no brainer to keep away from championship fixtures and therefore eliminate doubling up clashes.

• Like 4

If fixed race nights leads to regular 1-7 line ups then that's a good thing. One of the biggest gripes has been the use of rider replacement and guests for absent riders.

• Like 2

Looking at the GSA's on the BSPA website, if Sundstrom is 7.2ish, Harris or Nicholls around the same plus Kasprzak on 6.9ish wouldn't be a bad start to team building plans. Solid engine room.

• Like 2

If fixed race nights leads to regular 1-7 line ups then that's a good thing. One of the biggest gripes has been the use of rider replacement and guests for absent riders.

It is but has there been any research into what nights fans will attend? The sport needs a younger audience to grow and you may not get many kids attending on school nights. The Monday night tv matches are not a good indication to attendances as they were discounted.

It is but has there been any research into what nights fans will attend? The sport needs a younger audience to grow and you may not get many kids attending on school nights. The Monday night tv matches are not a good indication to attendances as they were discounted.

There are only two options which are apparently the two nights on the table

Speedway as a family sport appears to be on the wain since the advent of computer games!

There are only two options which are apparently the two nights on the table

Yeah but these seem to have been picked because they don't clash with Poland & Sweden. I haven't seen anything about whether these days actually work for fans. With no big money tv deal, no big sponsor, the fans money might be the difference between clubs surviving or closing.

Yeah but these seem to have been picked because they don't clash with Poland & Sweden. I haven't seen anything about whether these days actually work for fans. With no big money tv deal, no big sponsor, the fans money might be the difference between clubs surviving or closing.

The aim is to not clash with other leagues so we dont have riders missing all the time.. if you ask fans what they want you will end up with a thousand different answers.. fans want different things you cant please everyone

• Like 1

Set race nights should see less guests and R/R. That improves the product and that can only be a good thing. For me personally, moving to midweek would be better because I live within walking distance of the track and like to go out at the weekend. The only issue I can see is there won't be as many away fans attending meetings anywhere with midweek race nights. But then what clubs have a huge away following these days anyway?

One thing that has to be improved upon however is the time it takes to complete a meeting. Tapes up should be say 7.30 for a midweek meeting and finish no later than 9.00pm barring injuries. Not having to endure meetings with R/R and back to back rides should help with this too. At least this way people who have an hour or so to travel could get to and from the track in a reasonable amount of time.

We have to progress as a sport, we can't stick to our set race night (not that we have anyway this year) because that's the way it's always been. We won't attract new fans and more existing fans would be alienated ultimately. The set race night needs to happen, it's needed to happen for as long as I've followed the sport tbh.

• Like 1