2 Scott Nicholls 7.48

3 Krzysztof Kasprzak 6.86

4 Edward Kennett 6.39

5 Stuart Robson 5.72

6 Paul Starke 5.08

7 Ellis Perks 3.33

Total 42.49

• Like 1

I agree with redandyellow, SJ comes across as a very decent guy. Rye House fans are fortunate to have him (and Warren Scott) backing the sport at Hoddesdon. In relation to that podcast, one question I would like to have been put to him would have been - is he planning any further improvement to the 'stadium' before next season? He seems very focussed on improving the racing product - but can any more be done in terms of improving seating/viewing areas?

RYE HOUSE ?

1 Chris Harris 7.63

2 Scott Nicholls 7.48

3 Krzysztof Kasprzak 6.86

4 Edward Kennett 6.39

5 Stuart Robson 5.72

6 Paul Starke 5.08

7 Ellis Perks 3.33

Total 42.49

No Ricky Wells??? Fair enough, we'll have him back then

Rye supporters, and anyone else who might be interested, should have a listen to the podcast mentioned above featuring Steve Jenson it's very interesting, it's about 45 minutes long but well worth it, I thought so anyway. Personally I agree with many of the points Steve made.

Re fixed night racing unfortunately I think it will be difficult for children who have school next day and I hope it doesn't mean an end to the junior racing we had last year before most meetings although I fear it might. Perhaps it would be worth thinking about starting meetings at 7.45 instead of 7.30, although I don't expect that to be a popular idea with many it might help people who work during the week in getting to meetings, but I know that idea definitely won't help the youngsters.

I just hope fans turn up in enough numbers as the Rye promotion seem to be putting in a lot of time and effort to help the sport survive.

Rye supporters, and anyone else who might be interested, should have a listen to the podcast mentioned above featuring Steve Jenson it's very interesting, it's about 45 minutes long but well worth it, I thought so anyway. Personally I agree with many of the points Steve made.

Re fixed night racing unfortunately I think it will be difficult for children who have school next day and I hope it doesn't mean an end to the junior racing we had last year before most meetings although I fear it might. Perhaps it would be worth thinking about starting meetings at 7.45 instead of 7.30, although I don't expect that to be a popular idea with many it might help people who work during the week in getting to meetings, but I know that idea definitely won't help the youngsters.

I just hope fans turn up in enough numbers as the Rye promotion seem to be putting in a lot of time and effort to help the sport survive.

Unfortunately I'm unable to make midweek meetings, which is a shame as I really enjoyed it last season.

Suspect it may be the case for a few others.

I agree with redandyellow, SJ comes across as a very decent guy. Rye House fans are fortunate to have him (and Warren Scott) backing the sport at Hoddesdon. In relation to that podcast, one question I would like to have been put to him would have been - is he planning any further improvement to the 'stadium' before next season? He seems very focussed on improving the racing product - but can any more be done in terms of improving seating/viewing areas?

Ive spoke to him a number of times , although new to sport he gets it on whats needed to promote sport and the club and pretty impressive . Hope some news coming out soon including more improvements to the stadium , they need a out and out number one as a priority , AJ would be a great signing and track would suit him down to the ground and attract Lakeside's former and present fans.

I don't go along with this School/kids out late, I was at Old Trafford last night to see Utd beat Moscow, there were plenty of parents with 1...2... and more children with them, the match finished at roughly the same time, but the journey home would of been a fair bit longer as getting out of the stadium and traffic jams are far worse than any speedway match over here.

The bottom line is, if the kids want to go to the speedway, the parents will still take them.

• Like 6

I don't go along with this School/kids out late, I was at Old Trafford last night to see Utd beat Moscow, there were plenty of parents with 1...2... and more children with them, the match finished at roughly the same time, but the journey home would of been a fair bit longer as getting out of the stadium and traffic jams are far worse than any speedway match over here.

The bottom line is, if the kids want to go to the speedway, the parents will still take them.

I agree with this. I have 3 kids the youngest two 4 and 5 and it wouldn't put me off taking them (If Bees were at Brandon of course). I've taken them to evening football matches and it was more than fine for them.

• Like 4

Ive spoke to him a number of times , although new to sport he gets it on whats needed to promote sport and the club and pretty impressive . Hope some news coming out soon including more improvements to the stadium , they need a out and out number one as a priority , AJ would be a great signing and track would suit him down to the ground and attract Lakeside's former and present fans.

A press release should have been put out following the AGM. We were told there would be one when he got back from Tenerife (the internet works in Spain the last time I was there). The first we've heard from our promotion is on an obscure podcast almost three weeks after the event. I'd say he "gets it" in some ways but in others there's room for improvement.

Agreed. There are also plenty who profess to being regulars at Rye but won't be now we're racing midweek, we had more midweek meetings than on Saturday nights this season. Personally I'll be attending more because we're racing midweek as long as the team is worth going to watch. Two sides to every coin.

I think Rye ended having more meetings mid week than on Saturdays last season which suits me fine as I am busy most Saturday evenings. When I was young I was taken to Wimbledon who at that time raced on a Monday and it was never a problem. The junior riders raced at all the meetings so mid week will not stop them. My only concern is that if the start was put back to 7.45 it would mean I would arrive home later and living near Wimbledon the train journey takes nearly two hours so my vote would be for sticking to a 7.30 start but maybe advertise the parade at 7.30 and tapes up for heat one at 7.45 which is what really happened last year but would mean those who had to work and then get to the racing would know they had an extra 15 minutes to do so without missing any racing.

Travelling from Kent as I do its pot luck sometimes with the tunnel and the M25 as to what time you will arrive!

After listening to the interview online, what about Doyle coming to Rye House? I wouldn't rule it out completely.

After listening to the interview online, what about Doyle coming to Rye House? I wouldn't rule it out completely.

The vibes I got from that interview was he's too expensive

The vibes I got from that interview was he's too expensive

He did say he was hoping to have a GP rider at Rye House this year, though.