British Speedway Forum

The vibes I got from that interview was he's too expensive

Speculate to accumulate

He did say he was hoping to have a GP rider at Rye House this year, though.

May as well get the Top Boy then

Speculate to accumulate

It's very easy spending someone else's money

He did say he was hoping to have a GP rider at Rye House this year, though.

That’s probably KK.

That’s probably KK.

agree prob will be KK but there will ALSO be a gp rider as KK IS NOT ONE.

I don't go along with this School/kids out late, I was at Old Trafford last night to see Utd beat Moscow, there were plenty of parents with 1...2... and more children with them, the match finished at roughly the same time, but the journey home would of been a fair bit longer as getting out of the stadium and traffic jams are far worse than any speedway match over here.

The bottom line is, if the kids want to go to the speedway, the parents will still take them.

fully agree years ago my kids always went to midweek away matches (oxford Crayford etc) - the proviso was that they had to get up and go to school the next day - what was the outcome?? - well now 40 years on they still go to speedway (and take their own children as well) - don't see the problem myself if anyone is determined and organised enough they can always fit things in (the reverse side is the children I used to know who did swimming training 5 days a week at 6am - no problem).

• Like 1

Whilst listening to the podcast & Steve Jensen interview, it came across that Warren Scott & BMR's success in their touring car operation was to get the best possible people around them by getting formula one engineers & mechanics as well as the best drivers in Colin Turkington, Jason Plato & Ash Sutton. Obviously Warren & Steve know that for the Rockets to be the best they have to get the best. So don't be surprised that the World Champion could be the man to lead them this coming season whatever the cost. The BMR promotion have done a great job in the 3 years they have been in charge & everyone is looking forward for the season to start.

• Like 2

Whilst listening to the podcast & Steve Jensen interview, it came across that Warren Scott & BMR's success in their touring car operation was to get the best possible people around them by getting formula one engineers & mechanics as well as the best drivers in Colin Turkington, Jason Plato & Ash Sutton. Obviously Warren & Steve know that for the Rockets to be the best they have to get the best. So don't be surprised that the World Champion could be the man to lead them this coming season whatever the cost. The BMR promotion have done a great job in the 3 years they have been in charge & everyone is looking forward for the season to start.

yes fully agree well done BMR and I think we all know that what ever they do it will be for the good of the club

• Like 2

Tweet from Scott Nicholls saying unfair that the BSPA wont allow him and Kennett to double up and jeopodising his income.

Sounds like they have signed to a Championship club so maybe holding up the Rye team announcement.

GWC, on 07 Dec 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

Tweet from Scott Nicholls saying unfair that the BSPA wont allow him and Kennett to double up and jeopodising his income.

Sounds like they have signed to a Championship club so maybe holding up the Rye team announcement.

What valid reason is there for not allowing Scotty & Eddy to double up? Does this also apply to Bomber & all other riders? Although riders are paid by a club, technically they are classed as self employed so is this not a case of restraint of trade.

What valid reason is there for not allowing Scotty & Eddy to double up? Does this also apply to Bomber & all other riders? Although riders are paid by a club, technically they are classed as self employed so is this not a case of restraint of trade.

The regulation stopping riders with a 1st division average over 6 has been in existence for years and at one time it was 8. Last year it was removed and added to the problems of doubling up. Having implemented fixed race nights to make doubling up easier, they've decided to bring back the rule and stop those that didn't get a CL average this year from doing so now.

• Like 1

In honesty riders such as Harris, Nicholls and Cook are too good to ride in the second tier. The trouble with doubling up is that it became a free for all where riders picked up two or three clubs out of necessity to make their racing pay. Who suffered when riders were unavailable? The fans simply.

Speedway isn't a big enough sport in Britain anymore for anyone but the top riders (those who also race abroad) to do it as a full time job. Riders should have one team and if they can't make their racing pay solely find another way to earn too. Nobody is owed a living from the sport.

Moves have been made to start improving the product with set race nights. Eradicating doubling up has to be part of the mid-long term plan too, the only people it truly benefits are the riders, as fans we get shafted by it.

There will always be people willing to race, there won't always be people willing to watch.

I disagree. Doubling up is good for the sport as long as the leagues have different race nights. It obviously saves costs for as many British riders as possible to ride in both leagues and will draw more young riders through because they can see they can make a proper living from speedway.

stupid rule, riders have to make a living, and riding in the Prem only will not pay for most riders.

Having said that doubling up is good for the sport, I would prefer one big league with no doubling up! With the draft system and 2 point NL riders in the Premier League and reducing or no TV income to prop up the PL, the time has come.

• Like 1