British Speedway Forum

38 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Very much doubt he was ever an option

I understand there was a serious enquiry - hence the delay in announcing Harris/Nicholls despite deals being initially agreed many weeks ago

21 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

The new Lakeside of the top flight imo.

Awesome at home. Poor on the road.

Unfortunately that's what you get with a team full of Brit's... inconsistency. 

21 hours ago, Chris said:

Very uninspiring. Not sure why Jenson hasn't learnt the lessons from last season. The side with a fading Harris at number one will never ever win enough heats away from home to be competitive. KK will have to return to former glories if this side is to do anything.

Its a 5th/6th place side again. Very strong at home but crap away. It only takes a couple of lacklustre home performances or a wet track & the season is done. Reminds me of the Lakeside EL sides who were strong at home but dire away & done nothing once the play offs came around.

Jenson constantly speaks of attracting and using GP riders, so why has he not tried to get Doyle, Lindgren or Iversen in? Would've thought Rye pay better than Somerset & have much bigger crowds. Where's the ambition? Use Barker or Robsons points on a genuine number one.

Whats happening with the stadium improvements as well? Gone very quiet.

Good to see yet another positive post 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, startline sid said:

Good to see yet another positive post

is holder or kk signing

I can see why people are saying about the age of the team but that's just a number.. Look around at other teams?  Your going to wolves without Lindgren , Swindon without Doyle ?  

What you have is solid  base to start the season, we know how it works and it won't be the team that finishes it. Full of entertainers and a good British core, a team that fans can relate to and use last year as a base to work on. Not in their prime but no means over the hill with Bomber,  Barker and  Nicholls you are going to see some brilliant racing at home week in, week out. 

If say the Poole deal goes sour and you end up with Holder that would be amazing (if he fits average wise) KK is a risk but on that average  one very much worth taking as you treat him right and he gets on well with bomber then you have a few who can mix it with Morris, Thorsell and co. 

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Coventry_Bee said:

I can see why people are saying about the age of the team but that's just a number.. Look around at other teams?  Your going to wolves without Lindgren , Swindon without Doyle ?  

What you have is solid  base to start the season, we know how it works and it won't be the team that finishes it. Full of entertainers and a good British core, a team that fans can relate to and use last year as a base to work on. Not in their prime but no means over the hill with Bomber,  Barker and  Nicholls you are going to see some brilliant racing at home week in, week out. 

If say the Poole deal goes sour and you end up with Holder that would be amazing (if he fits average wise) KK is a risk but on that average  one very much worth taking as you treat him right and he gets on well with bomber then you have a few who can mix it with Morris, Thorsell and co. 

I'd rather have Kasprzak than Holder. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben91 said:

If I was Holder and reading this I would be tempted to:-

1) Give up drinking?

2) Take up drinking?

3) Sign for Poole?

3 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Said no fans ever. :t:

5 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Holder! No thanks

16 hours ago, Lefty said:

If I was Holder and reading this I would be tempted to:-

1) Give up drinking?

2) Take up drinking?

3) Sign for Poole?

Why would he be reading the speedway forum? 

15 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Said no fans ever. :t:

You just quoted me saying it. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

You just quoted me saying it. :rolleyes:

Sense of humour bypass I guess. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Sense of humour bypass I guess. :rolleyes:

Sorry didn't realise you'd been ill.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

Sorry didn't realise you'd been ill.

No worries,  it must be lonely in a one man club.  The 'I want KK' club.

I'd prefer illness. 

17 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

No worries,  it must be lonely in a one man club.  The 'I want KK' club.

I'd prefer illness. 

I agree with you on most things but not this.

After seeing the pathetic way Chris Holder conducted himself last season im surprised any side would want him. Has the ability but the ego is way to high and he is on the downgrade and somehow kept his gp place.

KK is not exactly Mr role model either but after his performances for Rye last season i can 100% understand why the Rye fans would want him over Holder.