British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I agree with you on most things but not this.

After seeing the pathetic way Chris Holder conducted himself last season im surprised any side would want him. Has the ability but the ego is way to high and he is on the downgrade and somehow kept his gp place.

KK is not exactly Mr role model either but after his performances for Rye last season i can 100% understand why the Rye fans would want him over Holder.

Half a season completely dire, half a season more improved. I see it too but a full season? ?? Good luck.

At least Holder has been fully committed to the top flight until this season. 

Personally wouldn't really want either on those averages but if it had to be Holder I could live with it. 

Holders a t0sser, wouldn't want him.

KK enjoyed riding a properly prepared track, riding with good blokes & under a management that like to build a good spirit.

Couldn't fault his attitude at all at the end of last season & should be a no brainer to claim the last spot on his average.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chris said:

KK enjoyed riding a properly prepared track, riding with good blokes & under a management that like to build a good spirit.

Couldn't fault his attitude at all at the end of last season & should be a no brainer to claim the last spot on his average.

Rose tinted glasses i think.

Junior

13 hours ago, junior fan said:

Rose tinted glasses i think.

Junior

Same as you until Rye realised how crap your boy was and got rid.

18 hours ago, Chris said:

Do love the properly prepared track comment.

Sure same guy does Poole and Rye House.

• Like 1

^This wally trying to patronise, but just making itself look silly. Bless.

So what the same guy does the track. Completely irrelevant. One is billiard table smooth, the other a motocross track.

For a so called glamour club, the track at Poole is an absolute embarrassment. It's like Man City having to play on a Hackney Marshes pitch at the Etihad.

Ford can't be bothered to invest in it. Clear to see. Must be a massive reason that crowds have dropped alarmingly over the years at Poole.

How many times does it have to be said that Pooles track was smoothed out last season?

17 minutes ago, Chris said:

^This wally trying to patronise, but just making itself look silly. Bless.

So what the same guy does the track. Completely irrelevant. One is billiard table smooth, the other a motocross track.

For a so called glamour club, the track at Poole is an absolute embarrassment. It's like Man City having to play on a Hackney Marshes pitch at the Etihad.

Ford can't be bothered to invest in it. Clear to see. Must be a massive reason that crowds have dropped alarmingly over the years at Poole.

And you are not talking facts just opinion.

40 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How many times does it have to be said that Pooles track was smoothed out last season?

..and Rye House loved it on 10th August. I know, I was there.

• Like 1

I find it funny how people come in here and defend the Poole track, yet everytime it’s on tv it’s awful but it’s labelled a one off.

The Poole track is an embarrassment every week everyone knows it 

• Like 1

I dont go to Poole and havent since the Mark Loram farewell. I was there at the world cup when Havvy and Rempala had that race and Jonsson was unreal.

The track everytime on tv is just awful and the riders dont like it thats facts not opinion.

It was once very good and is now poor unless its good for the non televised stuff.

That said the track at my club Ipswich doesnt lend itself to great racing either

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And seemingly failed.

32 minutes ago, therefused said:

I find it funny how people come in here and defend the Poole track, yet everytime it’s on tv it’s awful but it’s labelled a one off.

The Poole track is an embarrassment every week everyone knows it 

Point well made.

It's been dreadful everytime it's been on TV the past few seasons.

Shame,  I used to look forward to my visits to watch racing there. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shame they used a plough to do it with!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tocha said:

..and Rye House loved it on 10th August. I know, I was there.

I was also there and whilst I agree matches on the TV have looked really bumpy, it must be said that it was completely smooth the night we were there.