British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I might be having a senior moment, but I seem to remember John Davis owning his own contract.

I believe you are right. A few looked to do it and soon the avenue was closed

Didnt take the clubs long to realise the future impact and put a stop to it

Yawn

shall we start a new Rye House 2018 thread  or better still discuss contracts, Poole rider negotiations etc etc elsewhere like say in a thread of there own. God this forum can be boring when a thread is hijacked

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, westhamboy66 said:

Yawn

shall we start a new Rye House 2018 thread  or better still discuss contracts, Poole rider negotiations etc etc elsewhere like say in a thread of there own. God this forum can be boring when a thread is hijacked

Not as boring as when a post neither adds anything to the ongoing discussion nor offers a new dimension or direction :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I might be having a senior moment, but I seem to remember John Davis owning his own contract.

JD wasn’t the only rider to own his own  contract at that time there was another rider who also owned their own contract, but for the life of me I cannot remember who it was.

2 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

Can't someone just make up a rumour about what's going on with RH's last rider?:D

John Davis? :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

John Davis? :D

Especially with the new starting regs, we used to call him yo yo ....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, westhamboy66 said:

Yawn

Sure but I doubt if there'd be many contributions to judge by how quiet it's been lately.

It's us lot who are keeping it ticking over till something happens to make you lot wake up!

• Like 1

I guess the wait for announcing the last/first rider has a lot to do with Polands decision to relax/or not the 2 country ruling, this would clearly engulf KK

13 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

I guess the wait for announcing the last/first rider has a lot to do with Polands decision to relax/or not the 2 country ruling, this would clearly engulf KK

Fords being a nob

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1

Fixtures are up on the BSPA and Rye House web sites. Interesting that the Rye House site says that fixtures will take place on Saturday evenings at 7pm and some Monday and Wednesday evenings at 7.30pm! I think someone needs to stop cutting and pasting from last year and actually read what they are publishing!

Can Rye house fans answer something. 

Before christmas your promoter was on the Talk Speedway podcast talking about how he wants to make the sport better. 

But he seems useless. Rye house have awful social media presence. A team which doesn’t really excite many. I can see why he wanted GP riders shared. He can’t sign any. 

Im just a bit confused that someone who talked such game doesn’t actually seem to want to follow it up.

Just want to know what Rye fans think?