British Speedway Forum

He talks a good game but there isn't much substance.

Stadium still a mess after nearly 3 years & promised improvements haven't been spoken about in a long time.

Social media side is embarrassing. Think his wife does occasional Twitter updates but only posting links to the official site.

The team signed this year lacks any sort of ambition. He's kept banging on about signing GP riders then signs dads army again. That didn't work last season. He's general knowledge of riders, particularly foreign riders, is virtually nil. Would doubt he's ever heard the name Woryna. 

Seems like he has good intentions but it's all a bit too much for him. He has no speedway bank ground at all as he's admitted. He's still learning and is a bit naive.

Seems Ford is trying to take the piss already over KK. He'll probably be realising what he's got himself into now dealing with the likes of Ford and the BSPA in the top league.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chris said:

He talks a good game but there isn't much substance.

Stadium still a mess after nearly 3 years & promised improvements haven't been spoken about in a long time.

Social media side is embarrassing. Think his wife does occasional Twitter updates but only posting links to the official site.

The team signed this year lacks any sort of ambition. He's kept banging on about signing GP riders then signs dads army again. That didn't work last season. He's general knowledge of riders, particularly foreign riders, is virtually nil. Would doubt he's ever heard the name Woryna. 

Seems like he has good intentions but it's all a bit too much for him. He has no speedway bank ground at all as he's admitted. He's still learning and is a bit naive.

Seems Ford is trying to take the piss already over KK. He'll probably be realising what he's got himself into now dealing with the likes of Ford and the BSPA in the top league.

It just seems shocking and I’m a bit embrassed for you as a club. How on earth are you meant to attract fans when the most entertaining rider is in the final 5 years of his career. 

Ive heard KK is being sold for the 10-15K region have no idea if that is correct? Anyone know? 

The social media is awful and he has failed to deliver on anything he spoke about. Your team is better than KL but it’s the most boring. 

Not been up for a while but the stadium has been vastly improved upon compared to what was there but the task to bring it in line with some of its rivals is vast. 

Obviously the motorcycle dealership has taken priority and is finished? But from day one there was always a potential issue with lack of promotions knowledge regarding rules, riders and the loop holes within the sport. 

The track improvements last season along with the step up in league papered the early cracks but this years team does look very ordinary and unless a spectacle is produced at home Rye may find the crowds drifting away yet again.

sorry Chris how many other clubs post regularly over the Winter to say what exactly they are doing on a daily basis?  Why should they -  guess why no gp riders are signed is the stupid rule about only one rider with over 8 point average  (I very much doubt we voted for that rule either). Don't feel the team is too bad either but time will tell - all I remember at the end of last season many people I spoke wanted the same team but that was never possible because of the averages.  

On 26th November the official website apologised for the delay in commenting on the AGM. It is now 25th January and we are still waiting! 

The fixtures have been announced but we still don't have a seventh rider.

Towards the end of last season the promotion said they had a final meeting planned after the league matches were complete but then just never ran the meeting.

Am I alone in starting to lose faith in the promotion?

• Like 1

Just seen Krystzof Kasprzak tweet of 19th January where he said he hasn't signed up to a UK team for this year yet - but he has agreed to ride in the Ben Fund - so the 7th Rye rider who is it saga continues!  (sorry I'm not much good at links did try to paste it but gave up)

17 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

.....saga continues!

I know someone said Rye were like Dad's Army, but Saga? Don't think they're that old.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Rye house v Poole Wednesday July 18th - the only Wednesday Sweden are running(full Elite programme).Surely another date can be found for this fixture.

Why? Surely the U.K. take priority now?

• Like 3

Someone on Twitter states that rye house like lakeside may have used wrong averages for there riders to. Which I assume is the delay on announcing your last rider 

45 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Someone on Twitter states that rye house like lakeside may have used wrong averages for there riders to. Which I assume is the delay on announcing your last rider 

How many ladders has Max Clegg walked under since the end of last season.......

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

How many ladders has Max Clegg walked under since the end of last season.......

Should never have been given a 2. Pure nonsense.

Interesting that the SCB have 'deleted' the 2016 averages for use this year.  I can imagine a few clubs or one in particular that will be sweating on this piece of news. It would be the fairest thing if NO 2016 averages were allowed for use this year. At least every team will be playing from the same rulebook. Be very sad if only one club is affected. 

Edited by stevebrum
edited for added information.
  • Like 2

On 25/01/2018 at 12:16 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Not been up for a while but the stadium has been vastly improved upon compared to what was there but the task to bring it in line with some of its rivals is vast. 

Obviously the motorcycle dealership has taken priority and is finished? But from day one there was always a potential issue with lack of promotions knowledge regarding rules, riders and the loop holes within the sport. 

The track improvements last season along with the step up in league papered the early cracks but this years team does look very ordinary and unless a spectacle is produced at home Rye may find the crowds drifting away yet again.

A friend mentioned team riding to the new manager last year and got a baffled response.....

2 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

A friend mentioned team riding to the new manager last year and got a baffled response.....

Along with 80% of riders

• Like 2

On 1/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, scottyfan said:

JD wasn’t the only rider to own his own  contract at that time there was another rider who also owned their own contract, but for the life of me I cannot remember who it was.

pretty sure Richard Green did and loaned himself out

• Like 1