British Speedway Forum

It’s pretty obvious that Matt Ford is playing hard ball with KK. He obviously doesn’t want to strengthen a rival, but probably would at a price. It maybe the valuation that’s the sticking point. 

Matt didn't seem to have a problem letting KK go there last season though.

8 hours ago, Shadders said:

It’s pretty obvious that Matt Ford is playing hard ball with KK. He obviously doesn’t want to strengthen a rival, but probably would at a price. It maybe the valuation that’s the sticking point. 

Linus Sundstrom confirmed for Poole so Matt Ford can no longer stop KK riding elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, poolebolton said:

This deal is done. 

Poole have sold KK but there is something else holding it up! 

And it’s not either clubs fault

Please tell us more!

3 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Linus Sundstrom confirmed for Poole so Matt Ford can no longer stop KK riding elsewhere. 

Where has that been confirmed ? Think you will find that's just another silly rumor from the 'forum fake news crew'  :D 

3 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Sandstorm has been confirmed on the official Poole website 

That's not what i was questioning though was it. See the bold print....

As Woz01 said Sundstrom confirmed for Poole and your reply started "Where has that been confirmed?"  I was under the impression that was what you were referring to. 

1 hour ago, blupanther said:

Where has that been confirmed ? Think you will find that's just another silly rumor from the 'forum fake news crew'  :D 

Well yes it probably was but my point was even if it was true then it wont no longer be the case.

Well looking at the Poole team it seems unlikely that even with a KK riding at top form for every match we would get anywhere near them. Some would say i’m Negative but I can’t see our season going beyond mid September. Home points not a problem but as per usual over the last ten years where are the away points coming from. 

I don't think anybody will get near Poole. After that its pretty even, every club could make a case for finishing somewhere 2nd-4th.

4 hours ago, westhamboy66 said:

Well looking at the Poole team it seems unlikely that even with a KK riding at top form for every match we would get anywhere near them. Some would say i’m Negative but I can’t see our season going beyond mid September. Home points not a problem but as per usual over the last ten years where are the away points coming from. 

I can even see a few teams beating us at home.

Our team looks weak IMO

7 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Sandstorm has been confirmed on the official Poole website 

What, as the official theme song? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a shame for me as work commitments make it very difficult for me traveling to either Rye on a Wednesday or Arena on a Friday, so much for their excuses 18 months ago about issues with Friday night racing.

The team put out by Steve Jetson were born around the same times as Hanna-Barbera, originally ran The Jetsons in 1963.

There’s no disputing Nicholls and Harris on their night around Rye can be truly ruthless, risking life and limb. But they’re another year older and perhaps a bit wiser? The same can be said for Stuart Robson.  With Harris also racing for Glasgow, plus probably meetings on the continent how long before he burns himself out? Eddie Kennett and Ben Barker are at the moment the youngsters of the team and hopefully Kennett with far less pressure on his shoulders in 2018 than in 2017 can rekindle the form around Rye we all know he can do. Barker is very up and down but did start to pick up towards the end of 2017. Max Clegg hasn’t really impressed me and as the baby of the team I’m not expecting too much from him.

My worry is away from Rye. I can see them struggling. But what about KK, is he the missing link? We all know when his confidence drops he is truly awful. Every year he seems to become a total disaster at some stage during the season. If as expected KK does sign the benefit of Stanstead just up the road will be of some help to him but can Rye afford to have him drop out of form with the other six team members?  

But let’s look on the plus side. We have the fantastic Rye House website updated monthly, the stadium will have been completely renovated, the old long bar may now well be a dealership and may even be finished, [what benefit that is to speedway at Rye House I have no idea] the bars will be selling tinned beer, the club shop will be run by the club, then given back to the Barbers mid-season after they fail to make enough money, the chip bar will be selling cod and not some fish substitute, tea and coffee will still be £1 [great value],  the referee and announcers box will be on the start/finish line and in a proper box and not open to the elements as it was towards the end of last season and finally we still have speedway at Rye House.

Personally I think Rye made a big mistake moving from Saturday’s and should have stayed in the second tier of British speedway. With the shower at Arena racing on a Friday in speedway’s Championship, I can see many who left Arena to go to Rye returning back to Purfleet.

But what do I know, just an old git typing his thoughts, but if it’s bought the smallest smile to your face, fantastic!