British Speedway Forum

It's definitely going to be a lot harder for me to get to rye on a Wednesday night. Apart from 2000, the rockets have always been a weekend track. No doubt attendances will suffer.

Did bring a smile to my face.  I agree with you I think attendance will suffer.  I'm in the fortunate position of being retired so work commitments will not be a problem but I've found in the past that travelling from East London to Rye during the week takes much longer, I will probably have to leave a lot earlier and risk the fish and chips for my meal - on second thoughts I may bring sandwiches.  Seriously I hope week night meetings don't lead to the demise of Rye House we've lost too many teams already.

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

What, as the official theme song? :P

Bloody predictive text I must remember to turn it off 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Bloody predictive text I must remember to turn it off 

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :t:

9 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Did bring a smile to my face.  I agree with you I think attendance will suffer.  I'm in the fortunate position of being retired so work commitments will not be a problem but I've found in the past that travelling from East London to Rye during the week takes much longer, I will probably have to leave a lot earlier and risk the fish and chips for my meal - on second thoughts I may bring sandwiches.  Seriously I hope week night meetings don't lead to the demise of Rye House we've lost too many teams already.

I'd stick with the sandwiches if I was you!

21 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

I will probably have to leave a lot earlier and risk the fish and chips for my meal - on second thoughts I may bring sandwiches.  Seriously I hope week night meetings don't lead to the demise of Rye House we've lost too many teams already.

On the subject of food, I have found the sausages, burgers and chicken with chips all nice but not tried the fish as I am not keen on fish. One thing not to relie on is the pub outside which informed me one evening that they were not selling food until after the speedway started as the speedway fans cluttered the place up! That was the last time I went in there!

Due to my own circumstances I am very pleased that racing will be midweek as I am busy on Saturdays and would not be able to see any speedway if they ran on Saturdays!

Edited by Chris116
Spelling!
  • Like 1

The fish in about 2010/11 was superb but think they catch it out the river nearby now. Not good the last couple of times I've had it

On 29 January 2018 at 8:21 PM, cityrebel said:

It's definitely going to be a lot harder for me to get to rye on a Wednesday night. Apart from 2000, the rockets have always been a weekend track. No doubt attendances will suffer.

There were more midweek than weekend meetings last season. For me midweek is better, these things will even out I'd imagine. 

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:04 AM, poolebolton said:

This deal is done. 

Poole have sold KK but there is something else holding it up! 

And it’s not either clubs fault

guess you can't elaborate on that statement - hope your info is correct

Scott Nicholls just posted a short statement on his twitter re the ruling of doubling up it makes interesting reading - wondering if it will have any affect on his decision about riding for Rye - sincerely hope not.

Now that Shanes has been announced by Poole, am I right in thinking that RH are the only Premiership team yet to complete?

2 hours ago, White City Rebel said:

Now that Shanes has been announced by Poole, am I right in thinking that RH are the only Premiership team yet to complete?

Yes - unless the BSPA find some way of refusing any of the announced 1-7s!!!?

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes - unless the BSPA find some way of refusing any of the announced 1-7s!!!?

As the saying goes

Many a true word said in jest.....

• Like 1

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

As the saying goes

Many a true word said in jest.....

Who said anything about jest??!!;):P

• Haha 1